My Zotalis violin

Edited: January 13, 2019, 11:59 AM · Hiy'all,
I am new to this site. I would like to know more about my violin. When I had it restored after many years of not being played, the luthier who did the work was quite curious about it, as it has a lot of character, and found it to be a mystery instrument. So he did some research on the luthier, whose name is on the sticker inside it. I bought my instrument from Dahl Violin shop in Minneapolis MN, the makers name is Peter Zotalis, a self taught Romanian Luthier, who came to the United States at an early age and made 150 instruments in his life. They say he was known for giving instruments to promising talented players that couldn't afford a custom instrument. It is also said he made some fine ones and bad ones...I consider mine a fine one. If anyone has any resources they could suggest to me to find out more about my instrument or the luthier, I would be very grateful. The year stamped on my violins label is 1977, the year he died.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Replies (3)

January 13, 2019, 10:15 AM · Welcome aboard!

A few photos are redundant and what is missing:

1. Focus on scroll / pegbox from all angles
2. Side-view (ribs)
3. Focus on F -holes

January 13, 2019, 10:26 AM · Thanks, I have submitted all the pics I have now, I can take more if it will help......I will try and take a picture of the label and repost. Thank you Rocky!
January 13, 2019, 11:45 AM · No need to re-post, just add a comment or edit your original post.

But I suggest editing your subject line to put Zotalis in the title.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic