Who is this female singer?

Edited: January 13, 2019, 9:45 AM · Hi, I've found a version of a famous choral work "wir winden dir den jungfernkranz" from a Weber opera "Der Freischütz", in the background music of this video:

Time 00:27
https://youtu.be/li94gCM6zIs?t=27s

I've listened to many versions, may be 15 different, and none of them seem to be the one used in that video. How can I know who's singing that?

Replies (14)

January 13, 2019, 5:44 PM · You may have already done this, but I used Shazam and I guess they’re not into opera as there was very little extra help , but did credit it to the Apollo Symphony Orchestra
January 14, 2019, 10:22 AM · Yes' I've used Shazam and SoundHound, and I got as well Apollo Symphony Orchestra, but I can't find that one. This is frustrating...
January 14, 2019, 10:38 AM · I am familiar with some opera singers but do not recognize this ones voice. Dawn Upshaw is my favorite
January 14, 2019, 10:58 AM · In the 80s I bought a cassette of something or other and it was mislabelled and instead of whatever I thought was on it there was a soprano singing to a piano. I took it back to the shop and they said, "yes we've had a few of those back in, we'll give you a refund". I replied, "no, it's great, I'm keeping it, but who is it?" "No, idea - it might be Schwarzkopf". I bought a Schwarzkopf cassette. It wasn't her. Never did find out who it was. All my cassettes went in the bin 20 years ago.
January 14, 2019, 11:13 AM · I don't know why, but I find her voice way better to other versions I've listened to in the last few days. May be it's just personal preferences, may be it's something else, but I will not be at ease until I find this one. I'm about sending a private message to the YouTube channel.
January 14, 2019, 11:19 AM · I would think any opera fanatic would be able to tell you who this is or who it might be.
January 14, 2019, 11:31 AM · You could write Epicurious - they should have licensed the music to sync with the video and therefore should have information about the recording.
January 14, 2019, 11:51 AM · I contacted Epicurious a few hours ago (I have been helped so much by this forum, but don't have much to give back!)...I'll let you know if they respond!
January 14, 2019, 3:44 PM · Thank you!
Edited: January 14, 2019, 6:04 PM · I searched under:
"Apollo Symphony" Weber
The performance seems to be listed here on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/182HBdVGMvXq6bd4HzR1LI
January 15, 2019, 9:06 AM · I can't listen to it! It's greyed out!
January 15, 2019, 1:42 PM · I'm not sure how Spotify works; perhaps it is necessary to sign up for it?
January 15, 2019, 6:07 PM · I've signed up, I logged in but still can't.

It looks like Spotify made up that album which includes many different artists, composers and pieces.

January 16, 2019, 1:27 PM · Have you tried asking the Apollo Orchestra which soprano has sung that solo with them?
https://www.apolloarts.org/apollo-orchestra
bee9@apolloarts.org
Call: +1 (650) 575-2478 | Email: membership@apolloarts.org

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases