Janine Jansen Strings

December 24, 2018, 9:28 PM · Hi, does anyone know what type of strings Janine Jansen is currently using? It seems like Evah Pirazzis from pictures but she isn't listed on the pirastro website.

Thanks!

Replies (9)

December 24, 2018, 10:40 PM · She's using a set of Tricolore guts right now.
December 25, 2018, 4:18 AM · Tricolores are great, I have a set on right now, easily my favorite strings. I think everyone should try these strings at least once.

Jansen looks to be playing a full set of Evah Pirazzi, at least on the recording of Szymanowski Violin concerto you can see her using them.
December 25, 2018, 8:55 AM · Thanks for the help! If she does use evahs quite regularly (I think I saw her use them in quite a few photoshoots and such) it's strange she isn't listed on the pirastro website
December 25, 2018, 8:57 AM · Oh and also, what's the colour of the tricolore windings on the tailpiece end?
December 25, 2018, 9:04 AM · Joel,

Check this video, it's the set Heifetz used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaIvnYkdWI

otherwise you can find pictures on the Gamut website

December 25, 2018, 3:31 PM · Players don't necessarily get sponsored by string manufacturers. And if they don't, they've got the freedom to use whatever works best for them.
December 26, 2018, 7:46 PM · J I, thanks so much for your help!

Lydia, thank you for the explanation, this was something I was unaware of.

December 29, 2018, 6:54 PM · I bet Janine gets free strings anyway. It's worth it for Pirastro/Tricolore/ to send them on the off chance she'll put them on her violin -- one well placed photo will sell enough strings to make it worth it.
December 29, 2018, 8:39 PM · Yeah that's true!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Warchal Metronome

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop