Holder for Everest shoulder rest?

December 22, 2018, 5:51 PM · My son is now sometimes using our family viola and prefers to use the Everest viola shoulder rest, which does not collapse. It does not fit in the case. Does anyone know of a clip-on holder that will fit this shoulder rest? According to the Everest website, their holder doesn't fit the viola model. And I already have one of the Kun bag holders, and it doesn't fit in that either. Any ideas?

Replies (7)

December 22, 2018, 6:50 PM · Yeah the Everest is a big hulking thing, isn't it? I have the violin Everest but fortunately I also have big tanks for cases (Bobelock).

He'll just have to carry it along in his music bag or whatever.

December 22, 2018, 8:05 PM · Attach a bag to his case handle that will house the everest. It can be any bag as long as the everest fits inside.
December 23, 2018, 11:52 AM · How about tying a loop of string/cord to a leg of the Everest and have a carabiner attached to the case that you can attach the loop to? The Everests are nigh indestructible and thus don’t really require a bag or case for protection.
Edited: December 23, 2018, 1:21 PM · Why not just carry a fanny pack for your shoulder cast? You'll have it on you at all times, nice and snug on your waist. Or if that's not your style, you can buy another violin case just for your shoulder rests. That way, you can even carry a spare or another model.
December 23, 2018, 5:48 PM · My Bon Musica won't fit in the case either, but with the feet turned in, it fits well enough into the zippered top of the cover on the case, where you might put music. Would that work?
Edited: December 23, 2018, 7:53 PM · Wanted to add that the problem (for me) with putting it in a separate bag was that I was always running off without the bag. And then I had to use my backup SR (which does fit in the case compartment).
December 23, 2018, 7:00 PM · I'm trying not to add another separate bag. On days when he takes the viola to his program, he has his violin, the viola, and a backpack full of music and theory texts. Since he is 13, the simpler we can make it, the better. The shoulder rest doesn't fit into the viola case in any possible way -- we've tried! We've just been throwing it into his backpack, but his backpack and instruments often end up in different rooms during rehearsals/classes, so that is not ideal either. I will look into some non-music clippable bag that will fit it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases