Lessons: Update: Consistent Accuracy Issues

December 18, 2018, 4:43 PM · Just want to let you all know. I had my lesson today. I wrote down all my concerns in my notebook. My instructor loved it. She said she wished all her students did that. One benifit of being a adult learner, know the value of notes! After I went over them with her she was more than happy to start over.

We are at Twinkle and spent the session on hold, and bowing Twinkle. I also got some tips on how to work on my bowing. I don’t have a mirror in a handy spot, so I am going to use my iPad and video myself at an angle so I can see how the bow is going across the strings, and my right arm movement.

She took a picture of my vioin hold that I got right and is going to text it to me so I can remember how my left wrist should be and fingers should be.

We are going to go slow. It was a very good session. I am happy because I truly really like her as a person, as well as an instructor.

Thank you all for you encouragement, thoughts and suggestions in my original post about this.

Replies (3)

December 18, 2018, 4:52 PM · Congratulations!

There is a lesson in this: Don't be afraid to bring up your concerns in lessons. Very good results can be achieve doing this.

December 18, 2018, 4:55 PM · Hi Cynthia,

As you practice and get better at listening to yourself, your consistency will improve. As you get better at listening to yourself, your own standards will go up, and you will probably get frustrated at not being consistent enough, and then with more practice, that will get better.

It's really a lifetime project and can be both a lot of fun and a lot of frustration to work on.

December 18, 2018, 5:21 PM · Albrecht, part of why I started the original thread and continued commenting after I received the info I needed, was to let other people in my situation know they are no alone. I gave my update to let all those who helped know the result, and to let those in the boat know it all worked out.

Christian, you are probably spot on. This is a never ending journey, but it is one I really enjoy and is filling a space I always wanted to fill. I am really loving this. No hurry on my end. Just fulfilling a long time desire now that I can and enjoying it along the way.

Cynthia

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic