Hilary Hahn does the ""Ling Ling workout"

Edited: December 18, 2018, 3:19 PM · I think most of you have seen this already, but I wanted to share it in case you haven't.

Replies (10)

December 18, 2018, 4:30 PM · I didn't like Hilary Hahn very much before, but this video has instilled in me a whole new respect for her skills.
Still don't really dig her interpretations of romantic works, but dang.
December 18, 2018, 7:32 PM · I am at least as impressed by what a good sport she is as I am by her mad skillz!
December 18, 2018, 9:08 PM · I hope she gave those young men lessons while she was there. Even though they're both pros they probably would have appreciated that.
December 20, 2018, 2:45 PM · I love her! I didn't know much about her, but I watched this and some of her performances and I think she's amazing. Goes to show what hard work can do! :)
Edited: December 21, 2018, 7:36 AM · What shoulder rest is she using, is it a Bonmusica?
December 21, 2018, 10:16 AM · This is great on so many levels :)

Amazing that Hilary Hahn is prepared to do something like this on camera. Amazing that she can play music of that level with flair and musicality at no notice and with random conditions. Great as a way of spreading the idea that 'distraction practice' is an actual thing (which it is).

Also GREAT for my assorted Facebook friends who occasionally post about how classical players can only play with the music.... lollll

Edited: December 21, 2018, 10:21 AM · This made me smile! Absolutely amazing technique - and a sense of humor. Yes - looks like a Bonmusica shoulder rest.
January 7, 2019, 5:14 AM · I follow TwoSet on YouTube, have done for years, this is by far my favourite video. I love seeing soloists of Hahn's calibre lighten up and have lots of fun!! She is a fantastic violinist, and this just proves how technically proficient she is, even with all of Brett and Eddy's crazy challenges! :)
January 7, 2019, 6:17 AM · Brett and Eddy ... is that a play on Bert and Ernie?
January 7, 2019, 12:07 PM · My favorite part of this video is the Lindsey Stirling imitation.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Warchal Metronome

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop