Who the heck are the Pirazzis, anyways?

December 5, 2018, 7:07 PM · Is Evah Pirazzi a real person? Or did Pirastro just come up with a cool name for their most popular line on the spot? i've always wondered about this.

I heard someone say something about the considerable contributions of the Pirazzi family to the string industry once, yet I can't find anything on the internet (in other words, I don't feel like searching for more than 5 minutes).

Replies (10)

December 5, 2018, 7:22 PM · https://www.violinist.com/blog/laurie/20182/25658/
December 5, 2018, 8:18 PM · It certainly sounds Italian with double z - one more reason to spend money on expensive, hight tenzzion, short life span strings, eh?
December 5, 2018, 8:30 PM · So it IS a real person! That's really interesting.

And...
How is it fair that someone can have a name so foreign and so cool and yet so easy for your average Joe Schmoe to pronounce?

December 5, 2018, 8:40 PM · "EVAH" is an acronym for "Extra Volume And Harmonics."
December 5, 2018, 9:05 PM · I always assumed that "Pirazzi" is derived from "Pirastro".
December 5, 2018, 9:20 PM · ...or pizza?
December 5, 2018, 10:19 PM · “Evah” (with a short e sound) is how we here in Boston pronounce “ever”.

An example: “Hey Joey, are the Red Sox evah gonna trade for Mike Trout or what?”

To which Joey replies “Shaddup and get in the cah, let’s go n get some Dunkin Donuts”

December 6, 2018, 12:46 AM · I was working in Dunkin Donuts when I was 15yo and studying music college :)
December 6, 2018, 2:57 AM · Who are the Perpetuals?

The Olives?

December 6, 2018, 6:38 AM · Evah Pirazzi has a brother, Wall-Eh Pirazzi.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Tomplay
Tomplay