Hilary Hahn + Hula Hoop

Edited: December 4, 2018, 3:13 PM · It turns out that mighty Ms. Hahn can play paganini while playing with a hula hoop

From what I read, it was not practiced before. Some guy in the TwoSet violin audience brought the hula hoops and gave them to TwoSet violin and Hahn at some moment during the show.

Replies (14)

December 2, 2018, 10:45 AM · Holy moly...
December 2, 2018, 1:16 PM · Thanks, very cool!
December 2, 2018, 4:50 PM · Well, if one can play Paganini like her, hula-hop is jus tone step away. It is a testament of being completely relaxed and at the same time agile while playing violin.
December 2, 2018, 4:58 PM · Thanks for posting that clip Demian as it was fun to watch.
December 2, 2018, 5:18 PM · We had a top soloist doing something entertaining while playing.

We now need a top luthier doing the same, possibly pushing it to new level.

December 2, 2018, 6:09 PM · That just proves HH is as good as Lindsey Stirling. Almost.
December 2, 2018, 11:10 PM · That was awesome and fun! Thanks for posting it!
December 3, 2018, 3:30 AM · Great. Its always good to have a sense of humour
December 3, 2018, 5:43 AM · I cannot do hula hoop even without playing :D
December 3, 2018, 9:30 PM · Would love to see this, but won’t using Facebook to do it.
Edited: December 4, 2018, 3:16 PM · Here's longer version on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y9rAjheQw4
Edited: December 4, 2018, 2:29 AM · Clearly this will be part of the audition process soon.

Not just can you play Paganini 24 faster than a chain saw, but can you do it while keeping a hula hoop up?

December 4, 2018, 6:32 AM · Actually it proves HH's childhood wasn't entirely wasted. :)
December 4, 2018, 3:16 PM · So amazing, I can barely keep the hoola hoop going for more than a minute, much less play my fiddle while doing so! Here is another one from a good angle:

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Tomplay
Tomplay