Fastest playing of 24th caprice by paganini

November 6, 2018, 7:58 AM · Hello. My name is David Krakovich, i am 34 years old and I am a violinist from israel.

I learned violin till 18 years old and was at pretty high level and performed a lot on local level in israel. And i have pretty good theoretical basis.

Then i went to different sphere of political science - and learned at the political science department at Tel- Aviv university.  

Currently i am considering to go back to professional violin playing and i would like your opinion on my playing and ideas on how i can advance this (To whom to approach, Names of agencies, how to advertise myself, maybe some other help)

I am playing at very high, virtuoso level:
Pretty much all the difficult pieces for violin. and in very high speed.
My performances are among the fastest on YouTube:

The 24th caprice by paganini:
https://youtu.be/2agRnU1RACg

"The bee" by schubert:
https://youtu.be/3kFI4MFokuU

Hungarian Dance no 5 by Brahms:
https://youtu.be/tgcTPljv9ls

Czardas by Monti:
https://youtu.be/R03TvwRlOHE

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT35Xynm-uFOFKHwuCESiQ

My E-mail:
Dakrviolin@gmail.com

Replies (217)

Edited: November 6, 2018, 8:20 AM · Well, I should certainly like to play as fast as you, but with proper intonation and with a decent tone, without which I would be too ashamed to play in public...
Edited: November 6, 2018, 9:23 AM · Admittedly, I've only listened to the Paganini, but I've had quite enough...

Critch-critch-critch-critch-critch-critch-critch...

You would do a truly excellent impression of a frog! Maybe your true calling is in the avant-garde scene.

November 6, 2018, 9:26 AM · I've listened to the first 15 seconds or so of all the pieces, which told me all I needed to know, namely that a lot of hard work under the instruction of a rigorous teacher needs to be done for the stated aim to be achievable.
November 6, 2018, 9:37 AM · David,
You're actually quite a virtuosic player. You've obviously got the fingers and early training, and probably just raw talent for the violin. However, as Trevor says, you need a teacher/music education, not an agency.

The question for a 34-year-old is how rigid your musical ideas are at this point. You're in love with speed and virtuosity at the expense of musicality. The 24th Caprice should not just be about speed (none of them should, actually). Paganini's music is steeped in Bel Canto OPERA, and should be much more dramatic.

If I could take a guess, I'll bet if we could interview your high school teacher, he/she would say "that guy was super talented, and everything came really easily without practicing much. But he just wanted to play high, loud, and fast!"

Edited: November 6, 2018, 10:10 AM · Scott cole,
I agree that it isn't in Performance" level yet. I am currently not a proffesional violinist and have daily job and in such level you have to have more time to practice and better violin, mine is very simple.

However, i have also other pieces that you can see as the "air" of bach:
https://youtu.be/kyhzumdeG04

My channel:

November 6, 2018, 10:07 AM · Salut d'amour:
https://youtu.be/UHY8M92PVe0
November 6, 2018, 10:12 AM · OK, good bow control, but I would concentrate on finer intonation (minute corrections, even without vibrato!) and more "organic" phrasing in the Bach. The Albinoni is better.

But in the virtuoso pieces, how can you bear to hear yourself play?
Speed without beauty is worse than silence..

Edited: November 6, 2018, 10:15 AM · Adrian

In paganini caprice this is the highest! Speed in the world. You can check. It was the aim, not as much the music.

If you want to see music also, you can watch the "Nigun" of bloch:
https://youtu.be/nFcRXkBPkyg

November 6, 2018, 10:15 AM · David,
Maybe you can be specific as to what you mean by "professional"?
Does it mean playing in an orchestra? Being a soloist? Something else?
And why do you want to ruin a perfectly good hobby?
Scott
November 6, 2018, 10:53 AM · I'd second the advice to get a good teacher. You are several years of practice away from being close to being at a professional level of playing.

Your left-hand facility is pretty impressive though not always perfectly accurate, but everything else is at a kind of middling high-schooler level. Your vibrato is very thin. Your right arm technique is weak - you find it difficult to use the lower third of the bow, your tone wobbles on long, slow strokes, and you don't articulate smoothly when the bow comes off the string.

Also, there is not much sign of musical intention in your playing - when you are playing very fast you have no reason to play fast - Czardas is mean to be the amazingly dramatic accelerando, but you just speed through it. In slower moments you don't do anything to shape the sound or melodic line.

November 6, 2018, 11:22 AM · You asked for advice, and here's mine for what it's worth. Your playing lacks musicality; it's quite dull (and sometimes painful) to listen to. The intonation in all the videos is poor, your bow stroke is not good, and your vibrato is too tight. Although your Paganini is quite fast, it's not good. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I can hear every note that's out of tune or hit at the wrong angle with the bow, even at a high speed.
As for a professional career, I just don't see that happening. You don't have the skill or education to get a job as an orchestral musician. You don't have the charisma to be a soloist. You don't sing with your violin and your intonation is poor, so you couldn't be a strolling violinist or play at weddings.
I agree with Scott, why ruin a perfectly good hobby?
Edited: November 6, 2018, 12:06 PM · All you need is an agent, and you'll have a great career playing over the top fast without any concern for the musicality or intonation.

People love this.

Seriously, Julie is right, in all aspects: one of the strange demands on a musical performer, partiuclarly one FACING the audience, is that he or she doesn't look mad.

If you get a teacher this might be a terrific hobby, however you'll never be a professional. There is no shame in this.

November 6, 2018, 2:06 PM · David, there isn't much of a market for musical racing, although a few years ago, there wasn't much of a market for watching people play video games, so you may have to put together your own musical racing league. Only then will you truly know if you are the fastest.

I suggest offering a big-rig truck as a prize for the fastest player, because if the documentary "Over the Top" has taught me anything about long-haul truckers, I'm sure that same grit and determination means that there are probably a legion of really fast violinists on the roads criss-crossing America right now.

I know, I know...absurd, right? Trucking is all about power and torque, why would they be the speed demons of the classical world? Well, because they bottle up all of their need for speed, just waiting to unload on their Stainers and Amatis.

It may take time, but in time you'll make it over the top.

November 6, 2018, 2:35 PM · Here is your competition.
Edited: November 6, 2018, 3:02 PM · Seriously people-
I know i asked for your opinions, but you sure you know what 24th caprice is?
It may be the hardest piece for violin, and i play it in the fastest speed in the world!. And you tell me i don't know how to hold the bow and things like that?
Its like commenting on someone who climbed the Everest in fastest speed that he doesn't know how to walk.
November 6, 2018, 3:27 PM · yes, you play it very fast, but make a sound like you're punching cardboard. There's not much market for that.
November 6, 2018, 3:36 PM · David, these fools don't understand your achievement. Sure, Bach's Chaconne is a devastating tribute to his late wife when played in 15 minutes, but it's an absolutely Earth-shattering condemnation of the acceleration of the expansion of time-space when played in 30 seconds.

The problem is that the denizens of this web-forum are stuck believing in a cyclical universe, and are mired in their earthbound, quotidian, and utterly slow relative sense of time.

But you and I both know that the atomic clock on the wristwatch you wear on your right hand is probably still back in 2015. Keep at it! Your violin playing will keep you young while me and my cohort will unfortunately become ravaged by the forces of time.

November 6, 2018, 3:44 PM · 24 Caprice is not the most difficult piece for violin by a long shot. And you aren't playing the correct notes! And you don't even play it straight through-you clearly have cuts. And you don't play a consistent tempo. It's like someone riding a ski lift up a mountain then telling everyone he just climbed Everest.

Are you trolling us or are you serious?

November 6, 2018, 3:52 PM · I think you're all being terribly hard on him. David is doing an excellent impression of every first year music student who gets hammered and decides to try to play AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! Preferably while still drinking. It's a rite of passage! Enjoy it, David!
Edited: November 6, 2018, 3:56 PM · Menuhin here is playing with cuts:
https://youtu.be/ZKa-KCNsdwg

Julia fischer here too:
https://youtu.be/-095jDDgrQo

I say clearly in the video that it isn't straight through.
But it is the fastest in the world!.

I agree that there are intonation problems and some minor issues, but i don't a professional violinist still and don't have enough time to work on that, they free all day to work on this.

November 6, 2018, 4:01 PM · David, most professional musicians aren't free all day to work on pushing their Paganini up a metronome marking or 10. We're busy preparing music for the concerts we're doing that night, and the next and the next.
I admire your enthusiasm. You obviously have some talent - just slow down a little! Enjoy playing for fun. See where it takes you.
November 6, 2018, 4:17 PM · OP isn’t a teenager- he’s a grown man, and a somewhat delusional one at that. I don’t feel the need to coddle the ego of a grown man.

You asked our opinion, and we’re all in agreement here. Accept it with humility and grace and go practice, or don’t.

November 6, 2018, 4:22 PM · Cs
I am currently free just about 1-2 hours a day to play. You too? As professional? Playing just 1-2 hours a day?
You can play like that as peofessional?
You can give me your youtube channel link to see?

I uploaded the videos to show the abilities, of course it isn't in performance level yet.

And as i said- I'm here to ask if people think that it is something worth working on.

November 6, 2018, 4:30 PM · My metronome goes to 11!
November 6, 2018, 4:43 PM · David, to be honest you sound a bit aggressive which doesn't really make me want to give you a link to my personal YouTube channel. However, as to your questions -
Playing just 1-2 hours a day: I play probably about 7- 8 hrs a day, as do most other orchestral players. About 6 hrs rehearsal and 1-2
hrs solo practice either on the programme (depending - Strauss will take more time, Haydn less etc) or on outside work. I can't speak for soloists or chamber musicians, although I assume they play a similar amount of hours but with different repertoire and priorities. But ask any professional musician and I think they'll agree that time spent shredding through repertoire is not anywhere near as helpful as time spent properly practicing - in fact it can be detrimental to technique.
I do not play like you do as a professional. I'll leave it at that.
Like I said, you clearly have ability and drive to learn. Why not shift your goals slightly? Instead of trying to play the fastest, try to make the most beautiful sound, or the most precise bowstroke etc. See where that takes you!
November 6, 2018, 4:49 PM · Just for the record:
I'm ignoring completely your comments here. You aren't constructive.
You telling me that playing 24th caprice is nothing?
Show me how someone of you plays it, or any other thing- "Proffesional violinists".
November 6, 2018, 5:10 PM · You're welcome to ignore me :) I certainly never said playing Paganini 24 was nothing. It's a good achievement. I just thought you might wish to aim higher than simply playing fast.
But since you feel like challenging me, I played Paganini 24 as part of a technical exam during my undergrad degree, as did many of my colleagues (we had to play two different caprices each year.) Sadly we weren't allowed to record our exams for use in future internet debates but I did pass, whatever that may count for!
November 6, 2018, 5:19 PM · "Show me how someone of you plays it, or any other thing- "Proffesional violinists"

Here is someone who plays the 24th Caprice properly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpnIrE7_1YA

November 6, 2018, 5:27 PM · I'm ignoring not just your comments but everybody's here.

I am not an amateur in violin playing- i studied it with private teachers for 10 years in official institutions in israel and performed a lot as soloist, you can define it as kind of "prodigy" at local level,
and studied theory at pretty advanced level for 3 years in the 2nd largest classical department of high school in the country.
And was invited to one of israels biggest orchestras to play 15 years ago by the manager.

I went to different proffesional sphere eventually- poltical science, And now I'm thinking to revive it.

I'm not sure about my level too and I know it has more work and i wanted people ideas if it worth the investment of time and work and how to advance it.
Constructive ideas - Not cynicism.

November 6, 2018, 5:55 PM · Your recording of variation 9 has to be the best imitation of pots and pans during an earthquake I have ever heard. Keep it up! My friends and I all love your videos.
Edited: November 6, 2018, 6:10 PM · Can you show us how you or your friends play it? You are violinist, no?
November 6, 2018, 6:13 PM · If you want constructive criticism, here's what any teacher worth their salt (worded in a much nicer fashion than what most would actually say about this) would probably say:

Theme: It's alright. It lacks any semblance of expression, however.

Variation 1: The bow is literally slamming against the strings. Slow down and build up the tempo with a metronome, making sure to emphasize the core of each note. This'll also help with the glaring pauses between most of the shifts.

Variation 2: The half-steps are fairly out of tune, and there's a major pause between the last sixteenth and the end of each phrase which isn't supposed to really be that big. Slow down, and build up with a metronome. The crossings between the E and A strings are incredibly squeaky- if you're going to heed the advice of this entire thread, make sure they're as connected as possible when you slow down to make a better tone.

Variation 3: For the first phrase of this variation, only the G-string notes are audible. Your left hand also looks super tense; loosen up!

Variation 4: Very out of tune. Slow down and build for speed. Also, this is probably intended to be the most expressive of the variations in this caprice, so I'd suggest adding a lot more swells and whatnot for a better product.

Variation 5: The higher alternations are out of tune and fairly inaudible. Slow down and work the shifts.

Variation 6: I get that thirds are hard, but if you really believe that you need to perform this now, you need to slow them WAY down and tune each one individually. Also, it's not supposed to be the strange sort of hooked bowing that appears in the recording- it needs to be a LOT more legato and connected.

Variation 7: Those tenths are super dissonant and crunchy. Slow down and tune them with SEPARATE bows before you even consider slurring them together.

Variation 8: Make sure each note can be distinctly heard- it only sounds like you're playing two out of each individual triplet. Again, more connectivity is needed.

Variation 9: Those chords are crunchier than a seven year old butchering the first page of Bruch. Slow down and make each chord resonate. (I'm not even going to bother with intonation because I literally can't hear the distinctive notes.)

Variation 10: Only one or two of all of the L.H. pizz's are sounding. Slow down and build for speed, making each alternated bowing and left-hand pizz resonate.

Variation 11: Super out of tune and out of time. Work with a metronome.

Variation 12: The double stops are substantially out of tune and the notes at the end of each phrase (after the run) sound crunchy almost to a degree of pain. There's also gaping pauses between each phrase that indicate a lack of fluidity.

Finale: Slow down and work those arpeggios with a metronome as separate bows. Build for speed and add the slurs back in for a distinctive phrase shape. Also, the last note's MUCH too short.

TL;DR: No one cares if you can play fast, only if you can play well. Go back to some easier repertoire and rebuild your skill set. Judging by your current skill level and age, there's almost zero chance you'll make it professionally, therefore it's NOT worth the investment. Go enjoy a community orchestra, where you can play fun rep under little pressure!

November 6, 2018, 6:17 PM · David, I believe my advice to study under a teacher was constructive, in that, as you know, a good teacher will see and hear things in the student's playing that the student isn't aware of, and will know how to deal effectively with problems both current and awaiting.

In the case of someone who is in effect returning to playing after a lapse of time and wishes to improve I think it likely that a teacher will deconstruct that player's technique and rebuild it - the best way to deal with a multitude of little problems.

November 6, 2018, 6:24 PM ·
"I'm ignoring not just your comments but everybody's here."

David, the question is not whether you have the fingers, which you clearly do. The question is whether you are trainable, or are too set in your ways. I can imagine being frustrated by you as a teacher.

The fact that you are, given the wealth of internet resources available today, and given the amount of experience you've supposedly had with years of training in "official institutions," unable to realistically assess your own playing, is very odd to me. It means a very limited self-awareness. I can understand a 14-year-old coming to me and asking "how good am I? Do I have a shot?" But at 34 most people should be able to assess themselves realistically. This lack of self-assessment at your age would seem to be very limiting.

November 6, 2018, 6:25 PM · Louis dhoore:
The main words you said were "slow down".
Seriously- the reason for this recording was the speed. Of course i can play it better slowly.
The speed is the key thing here.
You think other performers can play it much better in such speed?

If you want to be objective please comment on this. "NIGUN" by bloch, which is also preety virtuoso, but
This is in "Normal" speed:

November 6, 2018, 6:55 PM · The 24th caprice is not the hardest piece for violin. Lots of high schoolers can play that.
November 6, 2018, 7:03 PM · Ask Hilary Hahn, Ray Chen, or countless other soloists.

My advice insinuated that you need to slow down in order to accurately build tempo.

Edited: November 6, 2018, 7:51 PM · David, speed really isn't the thing, not in any of the 24.

You are passionate, you have skills, but as many have mentioned already, you could do much better than this if you have a proper teacher to help you the polish your violin skills. There are many things you are missing, clarity for one. If the audience can't listen clearly to what you are playing, then what's the speed good for?

I always tell my students, with whatever instrument you are playing, including singing, there are only 2 fundamental elements in all kind of music, that is Rhythm and Intonation. Without either of these, no one will appreciate the performance.

I am sure a lot of people can play much faster than you do, if we all ignore intonation.

P.S.: really... no.24 isn't hard at all, even within all 24, there are harder caprices than no.24. If you really are only interested in speed, no.5 is faster than no.24, and a lot more difficult with the original bowing.

Edited: November 6, 2018, 8:21 PM · You came here asking for advice on agents and self promotion, expecting that we would fawn over your immense talent. We *resoundingly* said- and by the way, v.commers never agree 100%- that you don't sound good on any of the pieces, slow or fast. You need to go back to fundamentals. Work on your tone, work on your bow arm. Work on your intonation.

I don't know what you played like at 18, but now, you aren't good enough to play professionally. I agree with Scott Cole. If you can't honestly look at your videos and assess yourself...

My advice is to spend the next year playing Bach. I have never seen a person who needed to more.

November 6, 2018, 8:32 PM · Speed isn't everything.

In this case, it isn't anything.

November 6, 2018, 9:33 PM · David,

I am more for tone over speed, so that would be my focus. But your speed is admirable. To me, music is all about beauty, and that has different facets.

I suggest everyone commenting here keep in mind that as we seek to create beauty in our music, we also should maintain that spirit when commenting on others' playing.

I am an amateur and I can't offer David any technical or career advice, but I wish him all the best pursuing his path in our shared love of the violin.

- GXS

Edited: November 6, 2018, 11:35 PM · 1.Gabriel soloff - Thank you.

2. As i said- i'm going to ignore this destructive comments here- this just isn't serious-
You see a person who isn't even proffesional now, and has a "regular" daily job and very limited time to practice, playing probably the hardest piece on violin in the fastest speed in the world, and you say it is nothing? Are you serious?
You compare me to Hillary hahn? A proffesional? That plays on expensive violin? (Mine costs about 500 dollars) And practice for hours every day?
(And still- I played twice as fast almost, interesting how she would sound in such speed).
Edited: November 6, 2018, 11:44 PM · Here's how ray chen sounds when he plays something in 2x:
https://youtu.be/fRBPYAbyuiA

And i played paganin's 24 caprice! In 2x.

November 7, 2018, 12:13 AM · Why do you want to play it so fast? It is not pleasing to hear at that speed.
Edited: November 7, 2018, 12:18 AM · "Here's how ray chen sounds"...
Ah, so it was a joke!
November 7, 2018, 12:37 AM · You wrote ypu play "at a very high virtuoso level" and your playing is measured by that self-assessment of yours.
Since you linked Ray Chen yourself (Mendelssohn at 2x speed, fun video with TwoSet violin) the difference in technique is glaring. Ray Chen could play anything at 2x speed, because he has the technical chops to do so. Watch Ziyu He play Paganini 1 at double speed (again, TwoSet violin): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kT6ksrpjOw
These videos are funny because everyone realises that it makes absolutely no sense and is completely ridiculous to speed things up just for the sake of it.

Oh, and since "the worlds fastest violinist" was linked, here are TwoSet violin roasting him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvsvaCU6i1M

Edited: November 7, 2018, 1:06 AM · Whoa... so David *wasn't* sent on a legendary troll mission by Brett Yang and Eddy Chen? This thread was already the most gloriously funny thing I've experienced, like, all week. If no trolls are involved.... oh my god
Edited: November 7, 2018, 1:10 AM · This is the thing-
That it sounds preety OK when i play it like that, maybe even good in some parts.
But you judge it in slow speed standarts.

And i play other things as Brahms 5 Hungarian Dance and the Czardas in very high speed.

Of course it easier to play slowly. In paganini it is whole other technique to play it faster. For example the 1st variation.

November 7, 2018, 1:12 AM · You said you wanna go on being a professional then of course we will compare your playing with a professional violinist
November 7, 2018, 1:19 AM · Katrina B:
Ok - compare to Ziyu he.
1.He doesn't play the 24! Caprice which is much harder.
2. Do you think he plays it in such speed much better then i play? Seriously?
Hear it again.
November 7, 2018, 1:26 AM · Daniel nguyen
Compare to proffesionals that play in such speed or very high speed
(and take in consideration that i have limited tike to work on it - things like intonation depands very much on practice time)
November 7, 2018, 1:40 AM · For example the 2nd variation:
Of course i can play it flawlessly in slow speed, everybody can probably, it is jumping between strings. But in high speed it is whole difference thing.and you "touch" the second string sometimes.
November 7, 2018, 1:47 AM · David, I think you have gone the wrong direction in what music should be like.

Speed is not the issue, especially in no.24. As I mentioned previously, many people can play at a faster speed than you do on this caprice if we all don’t care about intonation and clarity, so you aren’t doing the FASTEST in the WHOLE WORLD.

Secondly, you’ve said it a few times and other have said it even more, that no.24 is no way close to hard, let alone the HARDEST piece.

Speed-wise: no.1 is faster than no.24, no.5 is faster than no.24
In terms of difficulty, many would agree than among all 24 caprices, no.24 is one of the easiest.

People are trying to be nice here to give you advice first but you don’t take any, and it sounds like you are offended. We here is just a community, to share and to learn, no one is doing any harm to you, but yourself, if you do not take our advices.

November 7, 2018, 1:53 AM · David, you already have loads of confidence. That's good, but you also need humility, and as many have already said, you must be able to assess your own playing. Violinist.com is not known for being a place to get sugar-coated praise, and what you got from the people on here is a mix of real-life truth and genuinely good advice.

November 7, 2018, 2:01 AM · David can you lend me a little chunk of your blind faith? I could seriously use it. I think I might be better than I thought I was all this time. If I didn't always sort of think I sucked, maybe I wouldn't have SHAKY BOW PLAGUE!!!
November 7, 2018, 2:03 AM · The raw competiveness in the OPs remarks are rather off-putting and are as much a hindrance to any form of professional music making as are his bad playing.

It's probably impossible to get a teacher if you approach the violin this way, as a form of one-upmanship.

Edited: November 7, 2018, 2:14 AM · We're being trolled.
November 7, 2018, 2:58 AM · Michael pijoan

If you want to hear how i sound at "average" speed you can hear for example- "salut demore":
https://youtu.be/UHY8M92PVe0
Or "Nigun":
Or "Air":
https://youtu.be/kyhzumdeG04

You think it is bad too?

The main thing you say about the caprice is that it is the accuracy and not the speed,
But i did it for the speed!and i think that it still sounds reasonable for such speed.
I can play it slower and it will sound better and more accurate of course.

November 7, 2018, 3:39 AM · The Air is out of tune, by and large, which is rather painful with these long notes.

Also you're using a bad instrument and you seem to lacking the skill to make a mediocre instrument sound better than it is.

Don't give up your day job.

Edited: November 7, 2018, 3:44 AM · "You see a person who isn't even proffesional now, and has a "regular" daily job and very limited time to practice, playing probably the hardest piece on violin in the fastest speed in the world, and you say it is nothing?"

Your competitive urge drives you to play stuff that's above your level and play it faster than pros do.

What you should do is practice more basic skills. Kreutzer. Wohlfahrt. Open strings. Get a better instrument and bow.

November 7, 2018, 4:05 AM · David, as I'm just a amateur, I will speak to you as a member of the audience: I doubt if anyone would buy ticket to see you racing through the 24th Caprice like in your first link.

You might have the raw technique but it is really, really rusty at the moment. So many notes are squeaky, muffled and/or out of tune. Listening to your 24th caprice I couldn't help thinking it was a parody of the piece. I cannot see any music being made out of it.

I agree that it is not fair to compare you to Hilary Hahn or Ray Chen; they are world-class soloists. But the kids in international competitions play the 24th a lot. Here are some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhMm19NXwR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtNghxQtRi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXCyBFmxu8

You should invest in a much better violin too. And you should come back with a more accurate version of the caprice, even if it means playing more slowly.

November 7, 2018, 4:54 AM · It doesn’t matter as much if you CAN play the fastest but the sound you make is unbearable to the audience. I can’t even hear notes in the variation full of down bow double stops, I can only hear the bow crunching. Also, what these people are doing is NOT giving destructive criticism (as you say), these are opinions given by QUALIFIED professionals who really know what they are talking about. Seriously, a reality check is needed. Having a great tone, rhythm, and intonation is miles better than just playing at a high speed. Why butcher such a piece? Playing fast is nothing without tone, rhythm, and intonation.
Edited: November 7, 2018, 5:29 AM · Let me too suggest something based on the comments here (and this is my last comment):
This site should be called not violinist.com
But clowns.com

November 7, 2018, 6:06 AM · clowns.com sounds nice, doesn't change the fact though that you are not, as claimed, playing at a "very high virtuoso level". Not by a long shot. It's a pity that this (and not music itself) is the only thing you seem interested in, otherwise, with your general aptitude for the instrument, some good teaching and laying a solid technical foundation, you could develop to a very solid player. But then, as has been pointed out, it must be a pain to teach someone who is so convinced of his own grandiosity that he doesn't want to consider, not even for a second, that there might be some truth in what others are saying.
Anyway, good luck.
Edited: November 7, 2018, 6:56 AM · David wrote, "This site should be called not violinist.com but clowns.com."

If this site is so bad, why don't you just leave? I'll have nothing to do with any of your threads or posts in future. Goodbye.

I'll be sure to take notice when you get your professional orchestral debut. I won't hold my breath till then though.

November 7, 2018, 7:27 AM · Maybe everyone should stop feeding the troll.
Edited: November 7, 2018, 8:07 AM · Is this guy nuts or what?

The "FASTEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD", hahahaha, we just found Ben Lee v2.0.
If violinists wouldn't care about musicality, rhythm, tone, clarity and intonation (that's your playing described) most professionals would beat the heck out of your caprice in terms of speed.

First, let me tell you that you don't see professional violinists or soloists playing at your speed because they care about the piece's integrity, they care about the tone, the right tempo, the intonation and the rhythm. They don't focus on building up speed until the limits, they care and practice focusing on making the piece as beautiful as possible. You don't. Since you don't, you're actually not playing the caprice, you're destroying the caprice.

Let me get this right for you one more time:
"Since you don't care about musical integrity, intonation and rhythm, you are NOT playing the caprice, you are DESTROYING the caprice"

One more time, just to make sure:
"It doesn't matter how fast your bow is moving and your hands are moving, if you are not playing in time, respecting rhythm and playing in tune, you are NOT playing the caprice, you are DESTROYING the caprice"

Second, they don't practice those pieces at x2 tempo, they practice them at the right tempo because they want to make beautiful music. IF, as you, they practiced these pieces focusing on speed, take for granted that they would totally beat your caprice in terms of speed, rhythm, intonation and everything.

Let me remind you something. Since you clearly don't give a fly about tone, intonation and rhythm, and you only care about the SPEED, if you want to be a Guinness World Record violinist, in order for your performance to be valid it MUST meet the minimum basic aspects of music: rhythm, playing the right notes and clarity. Your overwhelming lack of those fundamental aspects completely INVALIDATE your interpretation, which is considered "fake". Your interpretation is SO POOR and UGLY it is not considered an interpretation of the caprice, but a DESTRUCTION of the caprice, one more time. You are years and years away from playing the caprice at that speed. Now you can only destroy it at that speed.

You're so delusional it hurts me.

By the way, your "slow" pieces show the exact same problems you have with the caprice: your intonation is very bad, your playing is very bad, your bow technique, specially stacatto and sautille, is horrendous and your tone is very ugly. The only "positive" thing I can say about your playing is that your speed is remarkable, but just that, speed itself. If you take that as a compliment, it's like saying that the only good thing about a given car is that the doors open and close very nicely, and that's pretty much it.

Oh, before I forget, let me call Mr. Perlman, he may send me a contact that can book you in New Year's Concert 2019. You will destroy, sorry, playstroy, sorry play, the caprice with the orchestra once the Radetzky March is done.
Wish me luck, you could be on TV all over the world!

November 7, 2018, 9:35 AM · I note that there is already a website called "clowns.com". It is dedicated to providing children's entertainment at parties and the like.
November 7, 2018, 9:45 AM · The following are available:

violinclowns.com
clownviolin.com
clowningviolinist.com

November 7, 2018, 9:45 AM · I wonder if Pets.com is available?
Edited: November 7, 2018, 10:19 AM · Just to get back on track for a while from the entertaining "clowns" diversion (thank you Chicken-nugget Lover for your apposite comment!), Scott said in an earlier post that "Paganini's music is steeped in Bel Canto Opera", with a clear implication of quality and clarity of sound. This in my view applies to Paganini's Moto Perpetuo, in which Paganini specifies the speed as "Allegro", and not an "Allegro Agitato" or "Presto" that the YT speed merchants would use for record breaking speed's sake.
November 7, 2018, 10:43 AM · Trevor,
In addition to clarity, my referral to opera meant that Paganini's music demands more expression: more melodrama, more comedy, etc.

Violinists so often see the Caprices as just technical challenges. We need to remember the culture in which Paganini actually lived and composed. He's actually writing opera--it's just that it's for the violin, not actual singers. #21 may be the best example of this. The concertos are also great examples of operatic writing.
I'm sure if he wanted to, Paganini could have given Rossini a run for the money, although maybe not so much in comic writing.

Edited: November 7, 2018, 11:14 AM · Christian said: "David, these fools don't understand your achievement. Sure, Bach's Chaconne is a devastating tribute to his late wife when played in 15 minutes, but it's an absolutely Earth-shattering condemnation of the acceleration of the expansion of time-space when played in 30 seconds.
The problem is that the denizens of this web-forum are stuck believing in a cyclical universe, and are mired in their earthbound, quotidian, and utterly slow relative sense of time.

But you and I both know that the atomic clock on the wristwatch you wear on your right hand is probably still back in 2015. Keep at it! Your violin playing will keep you young while me and my cohort will unfortunately become ravaged by the forces of time."

Funniest thing I've ready in a while=)

Edited: November 7, 2018, 11:57 AM · https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3AR7uBktXUo
November 7, 2018, 1:25 PM · News!:
I have decided to create my own style- classical pop.
Classical music that is more interesting! And catchy.
And focuses on interest and music and fun!(as fast playing) then on finding faults.

I can't believe it- someone playes 24th caprice and you think it is not "professional" enough? That he doesn't know how to hold the bow?

Edited: November 7, 2018, 1:46 PM · The problem, David, is that the art of violin playing may be stuck in the past, but the science of violin playing sometimes leaves us behind. You're probably using a Franco-Belgian or Russian bowgrip - Countries not exactly known for their contributions to tech and engineering in the last 50 years.

If you want to be able to compete with the future of violin playing, you should consider the Japanese bow grip, developed by a group of engineering violinists at famed Archetier Toyota, which as you can see here, will allow you to matriculate in style:

What you want to do is just kind of wrap your paw around the bow (You probably want a nice hefty bow-orthotic to give the bow the proper baseball-bat diameter), and you can probably just take a roll of duct tape and wrap it around your hand and the bow at least ten times. That way, the bow stays secure and you really hardly have to grip at all. As my pappy, Kiichiro Toyoda used to say, "A relaxed bow hold is a fast bow hold" (RIP - I think of you every day).

Edited: November 7, 2018, 1:50 PM · For the last time, you're so delusional thinking you can play the Caprice. Right now that piece is way beyond your skills. What you do in the video is not playing the caprice at all, you are destroying it.

Have you actually watched your video?
It really looks like you have not.

You DO realize that in order to PLAY anything, any piece, you must meet the minimum aspects of music, right?
Which are rhythm and the notes (in tune, of course), those are the minimum aspects that define a piece by itself. Not only you fail so bad at those 2 aspects, but also your clarity and tone are so bad as well.

How about you create the style "classical indigestion"?
You are truly a master of that.

Christian you are a genius, hahahahaha. Japan bowgrip, that definitely should be included in the violin dictionary.

Edited: November 7, 2018, 1:44 PM · @-D.K. Wishing to be both honest and constructive, useful:
At the risk of practicing psychology at a distance and without a license; You are not hearing yourself the way that everyone else on this column is hearing you. Perhaps you are hearing an idealized, imaginary version of yourself, or some recording in your mind. In my lifetime I have crossed paths with 3 otherwise highly skilled violinists whose playing was strangely disconnected from their intentions. What those 3 had in common was severe trauma-emotional or physical, that caused a blockage or disconnection from self. The mind has a way of protecting itself , by walling off the
pain. But there is a severe price to pay for that disconnect. You might be #4 (forgive me if this hypothesis is wrong in your case).
Suggestions: Every note, no matter how fast, has 3 parts; beginning, middle, and end, or, attack, sustain, release. The sustain portion of your notes is frequently missing, or defective.
What is a proper tempo? Sit down with the score and a metronome and decide how fast the audience would like to hear it, not how fast you would like to play it. Keep in mind that the natural speed limit of our hearing is about 16 notes per second, or 32nd notes at quarter = 60. Any run faster than that sounds like a blur. For many pieces there is frequently one passage or melody that only sounds right within a narrow range of tempo. Always consider the composer's metronome marking, with the possible exception of Beethoven. After you decide on an ideal tempo, your goal, then (I forget where I read this) then play, practice it at exactly twice as slow, with the same bowings and fingerings. This will allow you to hear, evaluate every note and motion. Most of our technical problems, including intonation problems, happen between the notes; what motions do we make with the right and left side to get from the note we are playing now to the note we are playing next. That requires slow, analytical work, like painting a picture under a magnifying glass.
Two more suggestions that you will probably not accept. 1) Put the violin aside and study another instrument as a beginner, with a teacher. Not Piano or Guitar, but something that requires tone control, a wind instrument or singing. That can help re-integrate mind and body. Or, 2) Take a long vacation from the violin, long enough to deliberately let your skills deteriorate. That will force you to reconstruct your playing from the beginning fundamentals.
The vibrato is narrow, locked-up and one-speed only. With those wide finger-tips you could have the vibrato of a Perlman, but it would require about a month with a private teacher to get the hand looser and flexible.
Wow-that's my longest post ever.-jq
November 7, 2018, 1:49 PM · ...and Robot Violinist isn't using a shoulder rest!
Edited: November 7, 2018, 2:22 PM · what kind of rosin is best for playing very very fast? Do the gold bits in goldflex give you better speed or shound you paint your rosin red to go faster?

(...ducks and runs away...)

Edited: November 7, 2018, 3:11 PM · "I have decided to create my own style- classical pop". Knowingly or not, this guy is running rings around you all
November 7, 2018, 3:22 PM · Coke already brought classical pop back after people hated the new one.
Edited: November 7, 2018, 4:52 PM · I'm going opposite direction- I'm playing the slowest Paganini ever recorded. I worked on the first bit all day, and I'm actually typing this during the first rest. I'm going to have a little dinner, then the rest should be just about over and I'll get back in time for the 5th measure. Will post when I'm through, but because playing this slowly is so difficult (actually playing slowly is harder than playing quickly), y'all aren't going to be overly harsh, right? I mean it's really slow. You guys get that, right?
My goal is to become the background musician for Netflix's Slow TV Channel.
November 7, 2018, 5:05 PM · I rather feel that David would do himself, and others, a service by removing the soundtrack from all his videos.
Maybe in black & white, speeded up a little, and with intermittent subtitles?....
Edited: November 7, 2018, 5:30 PM · https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/85985082-9261-484c-8ac3-9d3731fe99f7
November 7, 2018, 5:30 PM · I am sorry for all the previous, more thoughtful replies, but this easily appears to be a troll thread. The person in question is likely not real (despite the videos), and is probably laughing and mocking some of you from his almighty throne in front of a computer, somewhere in the world.

If all of this happened to be "true", Mr. "Krakovich" has more problems than just his violin playing (sad to say-I don't enjoy speaking ill of others). Quite honestly believe this may not be a serious thread at all-and actually hope it's not, and that this person does well, whatever his actual name may be.

Nothing more to add, my apologies.

November 7, 2018, 8:11 PM · @Julie O'Connor

not slow enough, compare to the Halberstadt performance of John Cage's ASLSP. =)

November 7, 2018, 9:08 PM · Though his caprice unbelievably sucks, strangely, I still believe David has the potential to do it much better. He's an advanced player after all. What he needs is a much better violin, slow playing, and a teacher who knows Paganini and who can help him with good music advice.

David, the whole rendition is such a mess, but please close your eyes, try to imagine someone else playing, not you, and listen to the following parts from your caprice video. Most of which I heard is noise.
0:14-0:24; 0:36-0:39; 1:26-1:46; 2:05-2:18; 2:30-2:35; 3:12-3:22

Edited: November 7, 2018, 10:18 PM · You sure you aren't jealous?
Because I've seen in a biographical movie about paganini that he was getting many similar reactions to the reactions you give about my playing- that it isn't "Musical" enough, that he sounds like a cricket and so on.
November 7, 2018, 10:37 PM · Some additional context:

http://www.universaldemocraticstate.com/ABOUT

November 8, 2018, 12:13 AM · continued-- I tried to be constructive, D.K. is either a fake or absolutely impenetrable, done with this. ~jq
Edited: November 8, 2018, 1:06 AM · I'm reading this thread for the first time. Apparently I was missing out. :-)

I listened to a few seconds of the Paganini 24, and I agree with what's already been posted. I figured that I should listen to the things that aren't being played at a speed where "hey I did it fast" might be a viable excuse for sloppiness. Like, for instance, your Salut d'Amour.

It so happens that I have a Salut d'Amour video from a fairly recent performance of mine. I'm an amateur, I learned the work almost 20 years ago (and during 10 of those years, I didn't pick up the violin at all), and I needed a last-minute brief encore work for a concert I was playing. So my pianist and I did a run-through of it the day before the concert. I didn't have time to practice it, and I haven't played it since I learned it back then. So this is what a casual toss-off of a piece sounds like for me, which I assume is going to be reasonably comparable to any video of yourself you posted without prep work.

YouTube links:
David's: HERE
Lydia's: HERE

What I hear in your performance is a lack of control, and a lack of respect for the rhythm, which together results in a lack of a feeling of polished musicianship. And can you tell how much your pitch center moves? You end up with sequences where the relative intonation is okay but you've drifted significantly from the frequency that your strings are tuned to, and then have to reset.

I practice an average of 20 minutes a day. I had serious training as a child. I reckon my background as an amateur isn't hugely different from yours.

I'm not good enough to play professionally. Neither are you, currently. And you might never be, not because you don't have the agility, since with time and effort and meticulousness, you could potentially work yourself up to a professional level -- but because you don't seem to be adequately self-critical.

Edited: November 8, 2018, 3:15 AM · Not a troll but an old-fashioned piss-taking hoaxer school of Sacha Baron Cohen. Gotcha!
November 8, 2018, 4:17 AM · “You sure you aren't jealous?
Because I've seen in a biographical movie about paganini that he was getting many similar reactions to the reactions you give about my playing- that it isn't "Musical" enough, that he sounds like a cricket and so on.“

That agility is enough to condure jealousy. But if it is at the cost of tone, rhythm, and intonation (which is basically what music is), I’d rather be a slow peasant ;) Also, the more this thread continues, the more I doubt the legitimacy of this “David” as a real person. A troll perhaps?

Edited: November 8, 2018, 4:41 AM · I read almost the whole topic. Almost because after 10 posts it was just repetition. The OP posted a question, the group answered and then the OP ignored or got angry with every single comment.

I just wonder why did he posted this on a discussion forum when he had absolutely no intent to discuss? For goodness sake, post it on youtube and wait for all the hits and accolades. :P

I've never seen a topic in such sore need of archiving...

November 8, 2018, 4:44 AM · The only thing that's more implausible than someone having a professional career playing very fast but appalling-sounding Paganini, is a comedian doing some kind of show about winding up a violinist.com comments thread.
November 8, 2018, 5:29 AM · David wrote, “you sure you aren’t jealous?”

I would have to be jealous of lots and lots of violinists before I became jealous of you. I was just trying to help.

If you weren’t so dead serious and angry at people I would have thought you were a troll, or you were doing some disrespectful parody of Paganini music.

Still, you do have some good technique. I think you would play a lot better with some proper guidance and practice. Others have said so. Try to be more humble. Try to seek opinions of other violinists outside of this forum. Good luck.

November 8, 2018, 6:50 AM · this thread is getting excited and I keep coming back to check for any update.

David, from your original post you wrote "I am playing at very high, virtuoso level:... Pretty much all the difficult pieces for violin. and in very high speed." What other difficult pieces, in very high speed, do you have recorded? :D

Edited: November 8, 2018, 6:54 AM · Lydia: nicely played! You've inspired me to work on this piece.
Edited: November 8, 2018, 7:07 AM · Kenny choy,
You can see on my youtube channel:
Czardas, Hungarian dance no.5, the bee of schubert, Nigun by bloch,
Are among the fastest on youtube:
November 8, 2018, 7:09 AM · For example, the bee by schubert:
David:

The most popular:
https://youtu.be/1Pm6kBXkqT4

Mine almost 2x faster

November 8, 2018, 9:07 AM · David:
On behalf of violinist.com, I declare you the winner!
Congratulations!
Good luck--we're all counting on you.
Edited: November 8, 2018, 9:19 AM · yes David, yours might be faster (or fastest). I never saw violinist playing that fast. You're sonic-speed violinist.

But, i want to ask you. If you're asking for opinion, why are you angry at their opinion? They've answered you, right? Do you feel humiliated or underestimated?

"i would like your opinion on my playing " -- Answered

"how i can advance this" -- Answered

"To whom to approach" -- Answered

"Names of agencies, how to advertise myself" -- People in here haven't asnwered it yet.. But Hey! You nailed your name here in v.com as FAAAASTEST prodigy. maybe try advertise yourself in another forum. and continue your work on youtube. reach INSTAGRAM! tag the popular violinist accounts. everyone is on internet, right? it'll open your professional career path. So many violinists started it on youtube. now they are going around the world. Good luck.

"maybe some other help" -- consider visiting psychiatrist or take a break vacation, you're too tensed, too harsh, and too fast, too.

November 8, 2018, 9:38 AM · Hello David, but those pieces aren't difficult at all. Any other more difficult pieces at very high speed? Schubert/Ernst - Erlkönig perhaps? Oh maybe Paganini's Moto Perpetuo? I read it somewhere that Paganini did it with an average of 11 notes per second, can you do like... 16 notes maybe? :D
November 8, 2018, 9:48 AM · "For example, the bee by schubert:
David:
The most popular:
https://youtu.be/1Pm6kBXkqT4

Mine almost 2x faster"

Oh no but, David, you may need a new metronome in that case. Since on average Szigeti was doing quaver=c.106, and your Bee was on average quaver=c.116, not really 2x faster, not even almost...

Edited: November 8, 2018, 10:00 AM · Kenny choy
I didn't measure exactly, but the feeling is much faster. You feel as if it is 2x.

And paganinis 24 caprice is easy pieace? It considered to be one of the hardest for violin. And i played it the fastest on youtube too.

November 8, 2018, 10:02 AM · Chris - to me the most implausible thing of all is that, by arguing for the continuation of this topic, you are apparently getting something out of it. Do educate us lesser comedians. Or perhaps it was just an opportunity to parade your childish cynicism...
Edited: November 8, 2018, 10:05 AM · You can put szigetis "the bee" on youtube video on 2x ( 1.25 is more accurate, i agree)and you will feel as almost my speed.
Edited: November 8, 2018, 10:11 AM · Scott, damn it! If you think you can praise him more than me in order to secure a cabinet position in the Universal Democratic State, you don't know me and my potential for obsequiousness. When I am made Minister of Partying Down, there will be uppers for all, so that we can raise our vibration.

David, I feel your speed without even needing to listen to you play. It just permeates me like a magnetic field.

November 8, 2018, 10:16 AM · Christian lesniak
As i said i am not currently a professional vilionst. That's why i'm here- to check if people think it is worth it.
My proffesion, that i have learned at Tel-Aviv university is political science, and the "universal democratic state" is something that is related to my proffesion- and it is advancing international cooperation to create something like the EU, but on global level. There are many organizations that work on something like that.
What is crazy about it?
November 8, 2018, 10:38 AM · One world government?
What's not to like?
November 8, 2018, 10:40 AM · You know that the EU is a continent!, yes? And it acts as on government in many senses. It is crazy too?
November 8, 2018, 10:44 AM · Anyway, thank you for the comments, despite it wasn't helpful at all, and even insulting.
I am stopping to comment here.
Edited: November 8, 2018, 10:48 AM · There's honestly nothing crazy about it. A lot of centrally planned economies haven't worked out for various reasons, but if you look at the rise of different insane nationalist movements all around the world, moving people past nationalism and other meaningless tribal affiliations seems to me like a better alternative. Governments will need to work together much better than they currently do at least, if we don't want ALL of the poorest people on Earth to die in wars, draughts, famines, and from unsafe working conditions and toxic pollution.

I imagine there is a healthy medium between the people that thought Ronald Reagan, famed economist, got it right, and a centrally planned economy, but maybe the latter will be a real option some day. My view of human nature makes me a bit skeptical.

I'm just riffing, but I firmly believe you are who you say you are, in contrast to many on the forum who think you are trolling.

Edited: November 8, 2018, 6:19 PM · When Mr. Krakovich emigrates to the USA and is elected president (a proposal he's made on facebook), he can play Paganini at his inauguration and the whole world will be able to judge in an impartial manner. Here on v.com we are clearly envious haters (except for Christian, though he admits he's angling for a job in the unified government). I do agree with Christian that Mr. Krakovich is entirely sincere. He absolutely believes what he's saying.
November 8, 2018, 10:57 AM · I know I have no business saying anything because I'm not a very good violinist, but this performance of the 24th caprice is not good at all.
November 8, 2018, 11:01 AM · Thanks Paul. I find it interesting that David didn't even respond to me. :-)

I think, David, it's far more meaningful to talk about the videos in which you are playing things at normal tempo. Every problem that shows up in your fast videos also shows up in your slow videos. The intonation issues, for instance, are still quite apparent on the slow videos, even if the notes generally stay in the general vicinity of the correct pitch. On the fast videos, there are both actual wrong notes, as well as notes that get so far from the real pitch that they are effectively wrong notes.

The Bee, for instance, contains a phenomenon that one of my teachers phrased as, "Fingers like lightning -- never strike the same place twice." Your fingers are moving quickly, but you're not fully in control of them. The notes aren't precisely even and clear, and the placement of notes repeated in a passage isn't identical.

It's like a runner doing hurdling, and claiming that he has the fastest time while smashing through the hurdles rather than jumping over them.

Left-hand facility is awesome, but it needs to be combined with absolute control in order to be impressive, whatever the speed. And right-hand skill and general musicianship is necessary in order for a player to be a good, compelling performer.

Edited: November 8, 2018, 11:54 AM · "Every problem that shows up in your fast videos also shows up in your slow videos"
That's what I said earlier. He's trying to excuse everything he does (actually it's what he doesn't do) because of the speed. I'm gonna play the 5th caprice at tempo=580 and every failure is excused because I'm playing it THE FASTEST IN THE UNIVERSE.

"I didn't measure exactly, but the feeling is much faster. You feel as if it is 2x."

Now that you say it, I'm actually feeling it, David. Yeah, I'm totally feeling your reikis and chakras. I have not measured it either, but I really feel like you're playing it like x7 faster. Music is all about feelings, right?
In fact, you're being too humble about your Paganini. I'm kind of sensing, though it could be an A 432Hz wave interfering my inner eye, that your Paganini is actually x10 the speed of any I've ever listened to. I don't know if it's the force inside me, I don't know if it's because the new Solo film, but even though the metronome is marking yours x1.25 faster, it really feels like it's x10 or something.

Hahahaha, this is actually the non-binary sex/gender delusion brought to music.
I "feel" like I'm a non-female non-male table, therefore I am a pan-table and you all need to treat me like that. My pronouns are hiserey and your majesty.
I "feel" it's more like x3 speed, therefore it is. I'm the fastest violinist in the world and my pronouns are your lord violinus and master of stringiverse.

By the way, I'm all about one ring to rule them all, sorry one gov to rule them all. We are all equal, every citizen of Mother Earth from now has the root of their chakris healed. Amen. We need a president though... I PROCLAIM MYSELF the president of the United States of the Earth. Let me state the 10 first commandments, written by your president Ripondious Varsovious:
1. No more A 440, no more A 442. From now on, all orchestras shall tune to A 432.6666666Hz, which is relative pitch of the balanced resonance of mother nature when a lightning strikes the Himalaya's core.
2. No more violas, from now on, violists will play cellos da spalla. Period. Baroque.
3. Ben Lee is immediately dismissed as the fastest violinist in the universe. Sir David will now be the FASTEST PLAYER EVER and that title extends to the multiverse of the Omnius.
4. Metronomes must be destroyed RIGHT NOW, with a proper golden hammer provided by the gov at the Headquarters of Himalaya. From now on, no more tempo indications, no more bpm, bpp, AM, PM, no more radio FM or AM neither, I'm serious. Whenever you compose a piece, you must call David to validate it, and he will assign a tempo based on his feelings. Do NOT dare to question the delivered tempo.
5. No more brass, please, stop. No, seriously, no more brass, please, no more, it's enough. No more.
6. Flute players will play recorders, made of organic wood, cut in the morning, and guess what: provided by the gov. All flutes will be confiscated in new year's eve.
7. All BIG BANDS now must include at least 32 positions for violinists. It's about time, wind, what did you expect?
8.I'm tired, no more commandments.

November 8, 2018, 12:25 PM · Wow. I have nothing to say, really, except that this thread is at once entertaining and terrifying LOL.
November 8, 2018, 12:36 PM · Congrats Tim, we are now one. It feels good.
Edited: November 8, 2018, 12:51 PM · I suppose we ought to be grateful we're not discussing a YouTube recording of the Moto Perpetuo, in the light of my previous comment mentioning the speed marking that Paganini indicated for that piece.

Btw, what is the "record" for the Moto Perpetuo? Something under 4 minutes I suspect?
November 8, 2018, 1:11 PM · "When Mr. Krakovich emigrates to the USA and is elected president (a proposal he's made on facebook)"

He clearly has the required temperament and charisma.

Very presidential.

November 8, 2018, 1:20 PM · Owen Wilson said it best...."wow"
Interpret as you wish. The OP is very good at that.
November 8, 2018, 3:59 PM · Am I correct in my understanding that the US President has to be a US citizen born in the US? If so, that would exclude immigrants (including putatively Mr Krakovich) from being elected to the Presidency.
November 8, 2018, 4:27 PM · Trevor, you are correct, but Mr. Krakovich seems to be an optimistic fellow, with a strong belief in himself. I do not think he will be discouraged by a little thing like the United States constitution.
November 8, 2018, 6:07 PM · For some reason I think David is like bait for the v.com dry humorists.
November 8, 2018, 7:00 PM · Hello David,

If we talk about speed, I'm afraid I prefer a more scientific way with an actual number showing on the metronome, rather than just the feel. It simply isn't 2x faster. Number says it all, yours was quaver=c.1116, while the Szigeti recording you quoted was quaver=c.106, I guess you need to try harder with at least quaver=c.200, then you can say it's almost 2x faster. :D

I wonder why you keep saying the no.24 is considered the hardest piece on the violin, hmm... may I ask, who consider that? apart from yourself...

November 8, 2018, 7:24 PM · Not all members have a dry sense of humour......

I’m biting my tongue over cracking a joke and feeding a troll;)

November 8, 2018, 7:48 PM · Did anyone post this yet? :-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvsvaCU6i1M

November 9, 2018, 12:51 AM · Trevor jennings, again- you are cynical without knowing things:
My proffesion isn't violin, my proffesion is politics. I am a politician in israel and preety known already. I am not a kid- i am 34 years old and studied politics in Tel-Aviv university, which is preety good institution in global ranks.

But i see that i have very high abilities on violin too, much more then many proffesionals even. And i have theoretical knowledge and more in music that I've studied very seriously before.
I'm considering also professional violin playing because i have some free time now besides politics. And I'm thinking about getting into this too.

About USA presidency:
I am still young, and politics is my profession!. if i will not succeed in israel enough, i might emigrate to USA and get into politics there, and then many things can happen. Even very fast. I speak fluently 3 languages fluently, was very good student,
What is crazy about it?
Lets say a young doctor moves to other country, is it crazy that he will be in managing position eventually?
I know that the law in USA doesn't allow it yet, but there is a discussion about it there. To become a senator or something like that i can, no?
Israel and USA are very connected, and i know very well American politics too.
Our prime minister was US citizen for example for long time.
I'm preety sure that i can be better president then the one they now, for example.

Nothing crazy here.

Edited: November 9, 2018, 1:20 AM · And i seriously came for ideas on how i can advace it. I know that I'm playing at very high level, your cynicism that i don't know how to hold a violin doesn't matter to me at all.
I was already playing in professional recordings and many official events in israel before.

I came here for ideas,names of agencies, or maybe other help and serious evaluation.

November 9, 2018, 1:19 AM · of course a Political Science degree is the way to become a succesful politician. All of these presidents have a PoSci degree, that's a fact.

And with your pleasant and gentle demeanor people will be offering you their babies for a cuddle, and your way to the White House is wide open.

Edited: November 9, 2018, 1:53 AM · Herman west, you see that you talk without knowing?
Poltical Science is probably the most relevant degree for politicians:
Barack Obama's first degree is at Political science, Bill Clinton's first at International affairs (school of foreign service), Israeli prime minister Netanyahu has degree in political science and more.
November 9, 2018, 2:16 AM · Oh wow! David! You are playing in professional recordings? May I know which brave record company is it? :D

You said you came her for ideas on how you can advance in your violin, my advice is, do quaver=200 on Schubert’s Bee!

Moreover, you can also try to compose your variations on the MOST DIFFICULT PIECE for violin in the world, as many has done such as Milstein, Ysaye and Rochberg. Your creativity is beyond my understanding and I can’t wait to listen!! :D

November 9, 2018, 2:28 AM · This is getting funnier and funnier.
I look forward to David's entry into US politics. If Trump is any indicator, he'll be a great success. Good luck David! I look forward to hearing you play Paganini at your own inauguration as the world weeps (from the beauty, obviously.)
November 9, 2018, 2:59 AM · Can't understand why people are getting so worked up about this but don't stop now. Righteous indignation is almost as funny as delusions of musical grandeur
November 9, 2018, 3:02 AM · I'm not trolling.
I'm really not sure that i will go to proffesional violin playing at all eventually. I am not sure that i even have the time for it.
This isn't my profession.

I wanted a serious opinion from violinists and maybe some help on how to advance my playing.
But when you tell me that i don't know how to even hold a violin when i play the 24th caprice it's clear this in cynicism.

November 9, 2018, 3:24 AM · David has very high potential to be the violin version of Florence Foster Jenkins.
November 9, 2018, 3:32 AM · But you just play one violin!... And it's on your shoulder!

So much to learn...

Edited: November 9, 2018, 5:53 AM · I think cynicism develops naturally with advancing age. Observing it in myself and in others of my generation and older, I'm not concerned about it. I'm easily old enough to be the OP's grandfather, but not quite g-grandfather.
Edited: November 9, 2018, 7:15 AM · Trevor, there's an old Spanish saying:
"Those who, when they are young, are not romantic, they have no heart.
Those who, when they are older, are still romantic, they have no head"
November 9, 2018, 7:25 AM · Carlos, I have a Spanish daughter-in-law. I must talk to her about that Spanish saying!
November 9, 2018, 7:45 AM · This is the original:
"El que cuando es joven no es romántico, no tiene corazón.
El que cuando es mayor lo sigue siendo, no tiene cabeza"
November 9, 2018, 9:22 AM · Serious suggestion: Since you do not believe us, I'd suggest you call up the teacher you previously had that you respected the most, and arrange a visit with him.

Your former teacher should be able to assess your playing level best, and likely has a pretty good recollection of how you used to play, and your overall strengths and weaknesses as a player. Also, that teacher undoubtedly has the contacts and understanding for what you should do next. (That would be the norm for anyone teaching pre-professional young violinists.)

November 9, 2018, 9:24 AM · "I think cynicism develops naturally with advancing age."

That's ridiculous. I remember being cynical in at least 6th grade.

November 9, 2018, 9:53 AM · I’m thinking complete troll here but it’s entertaining everyone. Btw “professional” is the way we spell that word in English.
November 9, 2018, 10:15 AM · Carlos - that's what they say here about socialism
November 9, 2018, 11:31 AM · Maybe if he's at such a high level he could use his recordings to gain entrance at Curtis or Juilliard.
November 9, 2018, 3:31 PM ·

I think, maybe the conversion needs to be changed to savant

November 9, 2018, 3:51 PM · Definitely a troll, Laurie!
November 9, 2018, 3:58 PM · Far be it of me to criticize the current President of The Earth. Although he might do well to ban metronomes, lest any plebeians such as ourselves call his sense of rhythm into question...
November 9, 2018, 5:07 PM · I still think he should turn his videos into B&W silent films, slightly speeded up, interspersed with subtitles...
Edited: November 9, 2018, 5:52 PM · Scott, if you were cynical in the 6th grade then what you have now all those years later must command a lot of respect!
Edited: November 9, 2018, 11:32 PM · I just remembered my friend Li Chuan-Yan did this long ago, must be not as difficult as the original...

November 10, 2018, 12:06 AM · " A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist" - Oscar Wilde.
November 10, 2018, 12:07 AM · Thanks for posting that, Kenny! That was entertaining. :-)
November 10, 2018, 1:18 AM · That Paganini performance was awesome. I thought to myself, holy cow. Very technical (a bit too technical) but very melodic. The audience's reaction says it all....whoa, holy crap.

Let Kravovich perform for others. Let him see the audience's reactions. Claps, rolling eyes, or laughter.

November 10, 2018, 1:27 AM · Be it troll or not - finally I learned that the EU is a continent. After 23y10m10d being a citizen of this community. We never quit learning...
Edited: November 11, 2018, 8:56 PM · Am I the only one who *doesn't* think this is a troll? It looks like way too much effort and all the videos are uploaded weeks apart.

David, you asked a question and you got the answer: "No".

Edited: November 10, 2018, 4:50 AM · @Gemma and Laurie, David clearly isn’t a troll. He just fell prey to our v.com satirists who have been holding up their cannons for a long time.

It was David who started the fight, rebuking everyone’s advice and calling this website clowns.com.

However, I think we have gone a bit far on him, making fun of another aspect of his life that is neither related to his question nor the violin. As the thread progressed, there is a chance we are doing this to a person who may not have the facility to think in normal ways, or is limited in defending himself.

On the upside maybe it's better for David to be taught here and learnt a lesson, rather than in a real world where the scorn for his vanity and clumsiness could be greater.

Why am I so contradictory??

November 10, 2018, 5:25 AM ·
I am a big fan of Andy Kaufman, but I don't think that type of skit is being played here. I could be wrong, but if David gets into the ring with Laurie, I would pay to see that.

I think we should be careful with our criticism because I've been caught by this before, where I thought the person on youtube was a comedian, but it turned out to be a person with autism.

David plays very well, he doesn't deserve this negative criticism and attack on his character. The problem is this need to play fast is an issue, and I don't think it can be resolved here.

November 10, 2018, 7:13 AM · Charles, you can't live like that. It's crazy. Whenever someone says something negative about a person, CAREFUL, that person could have mental problems and you could make him or her commit suicide.

So whenever you see a kid destroying your car, careful, you could be talking to a kid that reacts very violent to himself self-hurting when someone tells him he's being a bad boy.

Careful to stop a bully hitting another boy, the bully could have suicidal tendencies when he senses an adult is not on his side.

All the politicians and presidents in the world have suffered tremendous media pressure, fake stories, insults, humiliation in public places, etc... yet they are there.

If this "David" asks for opinions, and his playing level is obviously very bad, worst Paganini I've ever heard hands down, you should tell him the truth.

A very different thing is that if this "David" has not asked for opinions and have not decided to take public criticism over his violin playing. Then it would be cruel from us to "discover" to the world his bad playing without his permission to roast him. It would be like publicizing private clips of someone to laugh at him.

This "David" seems so proud of himself as violinist, he has a YouTube public account, he has uploaded videos to the public so he shall expect public opinions. He has studied Politics, he must know politicians are the most insulted most humiliated people, basically because they normally act as "role models", and that's very reckless.

November 10, 2018, 9:34 AM · The gentleman in question has LinkedIn and Facebook profiles, and seems to be real.
November 10, 2018, 10:11 AM · Not everyone is neurotypical; not everyone can see themselves as others see them.

And I miss the days when threads were locked at 100.

November 10, 2018, 10:26 AM · This thread made my day. Its like a slow motion train wreck done as quickly as possible.
November 10, 2018, 12:39 PM · If he's innocent, I wish him well, but even if he was indeed the "fastest, most musical, and accurate Caprice 24 in existence, his "look how amazing I am" stance works against his efforts. Most good classical musicians (which must include highly advanced technique) have no need to boast online about their achievements, because they are sure of themselves. More realistic and humble posts would have been received much more positively by this online community ("how can I improve?" sounds much better than "look at how fast I can play!", to then dare others to "do better".)

Mr. Krakovich reminds me of someone during my music school years that seemed to exhibit a similar tendency, but with even less technical fluency. Much later this person exhibited some bizarre behavior, and posted some strange/inappropriate remarks both on FB and some YouTube videos. I am not a better person than this individual I used to know to be sure, but similarly, we may not be able to offer much help to the OP.

I don't agree he has "great technique", but is maybe a violinist who used to have much better control, and is now definitely not too aware of his current shortcomings-which of course can be improved, if worked on.

In any case, this thread can't be helped much as it stands. Sorry to add more.

Edited: November 10, 2018, 4:42 PM · @Tim,

The OP hasn't destroyed or bullied anything except a Paganini piece. Not that we know of. He also hasn't insulted anyone personally, except poking fun at the violinist.com website (which he rightfully got the punch).

My point is, after lampooning this person 10 times, should we do more? I doubt if there's any pedagogical value from doing that to a child either.

As the thread progressed, the OP has grown more humble in his posts. I think we should just spare him by now.

November 10, 2018, 5:55 PM · Kenny, the difference is that Li Chuan-Yan actually proved his chops a long time ago, and even though his stage presence and other mannerisms are grotesque, he's also very creative. His jazz-improv variations on the P24 are very cool (if this is the same video).
November 10, 2018, 9:17 PM · And Li Chuan-Yan (whom I have not previously seen before) also demonstrates plenty of chops in that video. He's precisely controlled as he plays around with the music.
November 10, 2018, 11:21 PM · I didn't read everything in this thread. There's simply too much blah, blah, punch, punch. Matt Lawrence is right. This David guy may not have the mental capacity of a typical adult that we assume he has.
November 11, 2018, 1:10 AM · I think this thread has become rather ugly as regards personal attacks and insults.

But thank you, Kenny, for bringing my attention to Li Chuan Yun, a former student of DeLay and Sassmannshaus. There is crazy stuff out there on YT. What a great (albeit eccentric) player! I was reading up on him and was sad to learn that he has been struggling with mental health issues and apparently no longer performs. I wish him well.

November 11, 2018, 6:21 AM · I watched four of Mr.Krakovich's videos and was the first one to push the like button on most of them and actually thought they were pretty good. My advice since it is what OP asked for is to spend a year with a competent teacher polishing certain rough spots in these performances such as honing shifts and spots with intonation problems and other areas such as chords. With two hours a day of practice with proper guidance I think David can rightfully be where he wants to be, but without the proper teacher I feel he is just practicing mistakes over and over and it gets harder to correct them as time goes on.

I was taught from a very young age to work hard and to do your work well. I was also taught to treat others with respect and dignity and to always encourage others rather than discourage. I have been here on Violinist .com for about 12 years and consider most of you as my online friends but I am extremely disappointed with many of my online friends here in this discussion with Mr.Krakovich. I am disappointed because a new gifted member has asked for advice and now we as a group have insulted and ridiculed him for petty reasons. For instance,I too think I am a much better player than I really am but I just don't state it out loud and that is innate human nature and ego at work to be kept in check. At least the OP has a steeled skin from being in the political arena. : )

November 11, 2018, 1:53 PM · Jeff, the OP rejected every single sincere comment, so we too felt insulted.

Ridicule seemed to get through, though..

But I agree with Trevor.

November 11, 2018, 3:39 PM · I think Jeff's words are wise and on point. We need to do what we can to make this a kinder and gentler world even if we are confronted with contrary circumstances.
Edited: November 11, 2018, 4:36 PM · I advocate for kindness and compassion, but please let it be known that that is what he initially received. Scott Cole, among others, acknowledged the ability that he already has and gave him genuine advice. Instead of accepting the words of wisdom with gratitude, he retaliated defensively. He chose to insult people here who were genuinely attempting to help, and I believe that is why this has developed as it has.
November 13, 2018, 12:58 PM · I posted what I posted coming from a "this guy seems manic" train of thought (I am most decidedly not a psychologist), and I just as easily could have not. Usually I try and leave the blackness of my soul off this message board, but I figured it didn't matter, since he isn't really reading any of the responses anyway. Maybe the kindest thing is to just leave someone like this alone, and I have no pretensions of "snapping him out of it", or something along those lines. Frankly, I don't understand why people keep engaging with him, or getting riled-up. My stance on the function of this website is that people who are ready to put in real work are going to make it happen no matter what (and are putting in work outside of this context), and that people who aren't will continue to use this website to shout into the void, and aren't generally that interested in actual feedback, although there are people here that know what they are talking about.

While I don't believe David is quite on a first name basis with reality, I don't believe anything he is going to read here is going to be anything more than a breeze in pushing him in any particular direction. I understand on some level why people are disappointed in the tone around this guy, but I guess my half-hearted defense is that I don't think it really matters one way or the other, but I've had my fun, and this thing has sort of run its course for me.

November 13, 2018, 2:48 PM · Without making any judgment on the playing, contact with a well-connected teacher will produce better advice on how to enlarge one's public than any internet board will.
November 13, 2018, 10:30 PM · I appreciated the irreverent turn this thread took for a while, but was sad to see it go to google searches into the OP's real life. I think what happens on v.com should stay on v.com.
November 14, 2018, 1:19 PM · Just a few thoughts from me...

I am very happy that David put his recordings up on youtube. I wish I could dare to do it. He is a very bra man, and I hope that this thread doesn't change that.

On the other hand he writes " i would like your opinion on my playing and ideas on how i can advance this "

That is commemorable as well. So here are my 2 cents...

First, no. It is not the fastest recording, not even on youtube.

Theme - Rhythm. Many bars are missing a 16'th note because the first note is to short.

Var 1 - It is in A-minor, not major. It is played in 13 seconds, Markov plays it in 12, in tune, with all the notes audible.

Var 2 - Some f accidentals are not closer to f#, they are f#. Many of the minor thirds are to sharp. Markov plays this variation 1 second faster as well. And in tune.

The same can be said for all the other variations. Minor intervals is often played to sharp, rhythm is distorted, and not to mention the tone ore musical variations.

But still, it is a very hard piece, and it is brave to post it and ask for critizism online, because people can be mean sometimes.

November 14, 2018, 10:39 PM · Ok. I've recorded another version of the caprice:
This time in 1 take. As in performance.
This is slightly slowet, but still one of the fastest:
https://youtu.be/JJnZttsj_6A
November 15, 2018, 4:42 AM · David,
Now that is getting there! A pleasure to listen to and I enjoyed it.
November 15, 2018, 4:43 AM · The new version is much better ! Good job
November 15, 2018, 4:49 AM ·

You are very good David. At what age did you start playing this piece at?

November 15, 2018, 4:57 AM · David, I am your second subscriber on YouTube!

When you play at Carnegie Hall I will buy tickets for your performance.

I think that you should wipe the rosin off the end of your fingerboard. I also think that you should remove the G,D, and A fine tuners from your tailpiece and your instrument should sound better.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 6:20 AM · Thank you for the comments (the previous too, actually i took them very much in consideration).
As i said - the previous version was for the speed - i really tried to set world record speed on this piece.

I believe that i can play it even more "Musical" and in tune and i will upload it in few months after some practice.

Charles cook-
I was kind of prodigy on local level as a child and teenager in israel, performed alot in official events, inculding for the israeli prime minister.
Then i went to different sphere- political science and politics, learned it at Tel-aviv university, and currently i am a politician in israel and i am creating a party in israel.
I didn't play publically for about 15 years But now i am thinking about reviving the violin part too.
I tried the 24th caprice before but not in very serious way.
And i am practicing it now for about 3 months.

November 15, 2018, 9:27 AM · quite a new rendition to the 8th variation...

:D

November 15, 2018, 10:29 AM · "not everyone can see themselves as others see them...."

Ah, one of the two great questions of human existence:
1. What should I do?
2. How do others perceive me?

November 15, 2018, 10:56 AM · Hi David,

In looking through the posts, it seems I may be the only one that has investigated your political aspirations and party. I think this is much more interesting than your violin exploits, and leads to many more questions.

Attempting to unite the entire world (and universe, as you say)in the name of democracy is obviously a utopian project. But utopian projects tend to have a dismal record. Your Youtube posts seem to be unavailable, and the one video you have on your main party website rambles repetitively, lacking in clear explanation.

A few questions:
--The name of your party, "Universal Left Centristic Conservative Party," seems inherently contradictory. How can it be both Left and Conservative?

--Your party platform claims to want progressive ideas such as the right to housing and a social safety net, yet you want to lower taxes and streamline government. The only ways to do that are either through sustained growth (which is what the US's Republican party thinks will work), something that seems to be ecologically unsustainable, or by borrowing money (what the Republicans are actually doing). Otherwise, how can you possibly create the social safety net that your constitution calls for?

--Your model for democracy is a mishmash of the US system and a parliamentary system. Why do you think these are the best ways to implement democracy? The US system has been corrupted and suffers from regulatory capture. And vocal, and even destructive, minorities can gain a foothold in a parliamentary system. Why would a one-world system be immune to the forces of nepotism, corruption and greed? Are those human traits going to magically disappear under one world government? Many uniformed and idealistic Americans believe our constitution and system to some sort of holy ideal, when in fact both are flawed compromises cobbled together by squabbling 18th century politicians who could hav never envisioned the modern world.

--You are the president of your party. Were you elected, or did you appoint yourself? When does your term end? And again, why 4 year terms? Just because of the US system, or is there a better way?

--Tradition family values and marriage as the basic social unit: will this be rigidly enforced? How? With your military/Police force? What if substantial numbers of people don't wish to live this way?

--communicating your message: pay an English speaker to help you. This paragraph, makes no sense:

"Nor are promoted appropriate infrastructure for this, for example: a banking system simply devastating and cruel to businesses and citizens, subsidy programs and support creative artists Singiso the general public, ease responsible for licensing processes and taxation, and more."

--How do you expect to democratize a world that may not desire liberal democracy? The US, for example, has been fighting long and bloody wars in places like Afghanistan with little to show for it. In your neighborhood, dictators like Assad hang on. Even in the US, anti-democratic forces are at work as voters are purged and corporations and wealthy individuals seek to influence the system.

--Is there a way, should one world democratic government come to exist, to keep such a system in place without repression and coercion?

Scott

Edited: November 15, 2018, 12:11 PM · Scott cole

I agree that what i do in politics, which is my profession that i studied academically is more important than violin playing. That's why i went to learn it 15 years ago and not proffesional violin playing.

Most of the work to advance this is done on facebook (The links below), and there are many different organizations that work on this as "World Parliament Now". And i have already connections with othere activists around the globe that promote this.

In this video i explain everything:
https://youtu.be/8VWHw-sgZ0E

In short i will tell that The UDS- Universal Democratic State, is the state itself. This isn't the party.
This state has all the Universe as its territory and all people as its equal citizens (All universe- because one of the main goals it to unite human afforts and resources to conquer the space!).

To advance this state realization as full functioning state i do several things:
1. I'm running for office in israel- The Prime minister office, and creating a party called Meshi Party.
-This is its main page in hebrew:
https://www.facebook.com/ULCCPARTYISRAEL/
-And this is in English:
https://www.facebook.com/MESHI-party-Headed-by-David-Krakovich-1785673954804781/

I am already known politician to many in israel and we'll see in the upcoming elections if it succeeds.
I believe that official position will give me the power to advance it much easier- "Open doors" to UN and world leaders etc.

2. I've created a gloabal party- ULCC PARTY.
That has branches in every country that i advance. The idea is that people in different countries will create local parties of ULCC PARTY and will seek power in their countries and then to work together toward this unity.
The Israeli party MESHI is israeli branch of ULCC PARTY.

3. Asvancing it on Facebook and other platforms - in relevant pages and groops.

The links:

Websites:
-Universal democratic State:
www.universaldemocraticstate.com
- ULCC PARTY website:
www.ulccparty.com
--Meshi party website:
www.ulccparty.com/israel

Facebook pages:
-UDS:
facebook.com/universaldemocraticstate
-ULCC PARTY:
www.facebook.com/ulccparty
-Meshi party (in Hebrew):
www.facebook.com/ulccpartyisrael
-Meshi party (in English):
https://www.facebook.com/MESHI-party-Headed-by-David-Krakovich-1785673954804781/

Edited: November 15, 2018, 12:16 PM · Scott cole-
Also, you asked how can it be reached:
I want to remind you that Europe in the 40s of the 20th century was a hell on earth- with communism, Nasizm, fascism, mass killings, world war and more.
And still few years after it became almost one country.with free borders, human rights, social rights etc.
That's possible. Not easy, but possible and very realistic.
November 15, 2018, 12:21 PM ·

David, you may be a dreamer, but you're not the only one. I hope someday the world will be one, but how could today's politician ever give back to the people the ability to be free to speak without fear, when they have the curse?

Edited: November 15, 2018, 12:40 PM · Charles cook-
This isn't a dream, practically we live in one world today:
We now speak but we live in different continents!. We buy things from other parts of the world on ebay etc.
One language- English,
People travel all over the world with cheap flights.
We read and see the same things on facebook and youtube,
The ideas in most democracies are pretty much the same.

The division to countries is more artificial than practical today.
In classical music especially- the world is one in every sense almost - almost everything is international today.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 12:44 PM · ...democracy coming from a colonial state exercising ethnocide on Palestinians. Only on Planet Zionism is that formula conceivable. As for Assad, while I have no love for him, there's far worse ...starting with the Israeli racist colony that steals Palestinisn lives and land and moving to the Saudi kingdom of darkness that is murdering yemenis on a daily basis (and chopping up journalists as a past time) . But so brain washed are some of us by an implicated media...

Stick to paganini as a topic ,I suggest.

November 15, 2018, 12:49 PM · Tammuz Kolenyo
The party that im creating is a left! Party.
This is its name:
ULCC PARTY- Universal Left Centristic Party.
November 15, 2018, 12:49 PM · Tammuz Kolenyo
The party that im creating is a left! Party.
This is its name:
ULCC PARTY- Universal Left Centristic Party.
Edited: November 15, 2018, 12:55 PM · Does it call for the dismantlement of zionist colonisation and institutions, the right of return and compensation for Palestinian refugees and their descendants, equal rights for all in Palestine (ie all of Palestine)?
Edited: November 15, 2018, 1:01 PM · You can watch this video to see what i think about these issues:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1821233111248865&id=1785673954804781

This are serious issues that have to be resolved,but as left party Human rights and equality are among the main ideas. And that includes Palestinians.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 1:46 PM · Israel is the colonisation of historic Palestine. That nonsense about 'almost 2 state' solution is no solution. What I mean by right of return..I mean I would have the right to return to Acca or to Haifa or wherever I and my family came from prior to the the 1948 ethnic cleansing committed by terrorist Zionist gangs who massacred Palestinians and burned hundreds of villages. The only fair solution is recognition of what happened and giving back the people of Palestine their full rights...not keeping 80% of stolen property to yourselves and calling it a solution. Zionism in all its guises (labour, revisionist, likud, 'left' or right) is antithetical to the base premises of justice and equality. The only reasonable voices that do want true justice that could come from that colony are decidedly anti-zionist anti-colonisation ones. On all of historic Palestine.

November 15, 2018, 1:59 PM · The Israeli- Palestinian conflict is one of the most complicated in the world and has a lot of bloody and problematic history, even now it still lasts unfortunately.
But, eventually my goal is to look at the present situation and to try to resolve it in the most just way to both sides.
There will be negotiations and a process to resolve all this issues.

And as i said, my goal in politics that I'm promoting already in global politics is creating the Universal Democratic State, and i believe it can be reached fully within 20 years. Therefore i believe that we anyway go toward free borders and movement and global democratic management.

November 15, 2018, 2:32 PM · No its not a complicated 'conflict'. It a simple matter of settler colonisation. As in what happened in the Americas, in Australia etc. Zionism is an ideology of settler colonisation and population replacement that takes thousand year old mythology as its basis and some hocus pocus about God promising the land to a certain group over others.

What the heck are Ukrainians, British etc doing by stealing property that belongs to Palestinians whose families have existed there for hundreds of years and then kicking Palestinians out of their homes?
What is your terrorist army doing by shooting at the limbs of unarmed Palestinians now in Gaza, paralyzing them for life, a virtual ghetto that Israel has been sealing in for years now. The kids that your colony kidnaps and puts in prisons, even recently an 8 yo kid.

No its not complicated maater. Its as simple to explain as the rotteness of other racist ideologies, whether in apartheid south Africa, in Nazi Germany, in frontier era America. Your colony is a deeply undemocratic racist colonial society. It's institutions, its history, it's fundamental everyday mentality. If you accept the existence of that state, you can't speak of democracy except hypocritically.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 4:06 PM · *sigh* Tammuz, with all due respect, if only we can share our love for violin without too much of the colonists, the mass killings, the genocides, the blah blah.

BTW, universal state is not new. The Beatles' insanely popular song, 'Imagine', talks about that too.

November 15, 2018, 3:47 PM · Well, this has certainly strayed off topic, again.
The iron law of history is that it takes both parties to make peace, but only one side to start a war. When civilized negotiations break down wars start, and the winner decides the outcome. The Ottoman empire was on the losing side of WW1, the grand Mufti of Jerusalem was on the losing side of WW2, Israel has won all of the battles with their Moslem neighbors. As for one-world government, that illusion is passing out of fashion. Three things are necessary for national sovereignty; control of your currency, control of your military, and control of your borders. Without those you become the subject of a higher, foreign power. Some of the countries of Europe have given up all three. -Do not expect a rebuttal; my only post on this topic.
November 15, 2018, 4:21 PM · It takes one side to colonize another, and one side to oppress another, Joel. And that side is Israel. The more the Palestinians discussed peace with the Israelis, the more the settlers came and stole.

As for straying off topic, note that I'm not the one who led it there. You could have called Scott out on it. But maybe you only note it now because I'm bringing an anti-zionist tangent which you don't seem to like. He mentions democracy...The irony of Israelis when they talk about democracy.

And I think noting that that was more worth the effort, morally and functionally, than poking fun at individuals over their playing skills and turning it into a sport. Im not saying everyone who offered criticism here did that, but quite a few others did. That, I found objectionable.

November 15, 2018, 4:54 PM · I believe it because it was on Facebook, the only true, fact based source.
November 15, 2018, 5:32 PM · Please can we not do this.

Every time we get into poltical matters, I find myself myself upset by folks whose violinistic and pedagogical posts I really appreciate.

I have my own strong views on such matters but this is not the place for me to air them. And no guessing, please.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 6:51 PM · Matt is right.
The Universal Democratic State- meaning unity of all universe and all people to one country isn't new and isn't crazy-
On contrary - Many of the smartest people and philosophers talked about it as Einstein (Pretty smart, no?)
In wikipedia it's defined as "World Government" but the principle is the same.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_government

The only difference is that since i am a politician i view and promote it as one country in all aspects, not just cooperative government, including thing as "Universal Nation" that i defined that includes all people in the past, present and future.

Edited: November 15, 2018, 9:25 PM · Personally I don't think humans can achieve universal state, even in its weak form, before 500 more years, but of course there are those who do. After all, we already have a big organization to represent humankind - the UN - which exerts some influence to participating nations.

In a world where so many focus on developing warcrafts and nuclear weapons, I find it so innocuous and harmless that a person happens to dream of a universal state based on democratic principles - though it predictably incites our curiosity. But so long as an idea doesn't call for any oppression or killings, it's totally fine to me.

Looking around, some of the smartest people in this world are investing in seemingly crazier or more ambitious projects, such as finding life and occupying another planet, which, perhaps, may not even be achieved before humanity becomes extinct.

November 15, 2018, 7:45 PM ·

Tammuz you are so, so completely intolerant, do you see that you are the root cause of your own self-oppression. Do you really want to live the next 20 years with all this self-created tension you bring upon youself? Civil

November 15, 2018, 8:18 PM · Ok,
Let's sum this up:
David's career options are
A. President of the World and Universe (as soon as everyone comes around and agrees of course).
B. Violinist

Question: is there a third option?

Edited: November 15, 2018, 8:30 PM · Scott tole
Israeli prime minister and parliament member.
It is very serious thing. I am really very known in israel among political activists (not so much at the media yet, because it is mainly on facebook)
We might have elections soon and it may be very realistic.

I'm not a kid - I'm 34 years old. This is an age of some leaders of countries,
For example the chancellor of Austria is 32, and the president of france was elected at 39.

November 15, 2018, 8:44 PM · You guys are exhausting. :-)
Edited: November 15, 2018, 8:50 PM · I am considering the violin playing too now, besides politics, because we have time till elections and in israel the new parties really start to format as the elections approach. Therefore i have enough free time to do it too.
Also - I'm not sure of course that i will be elected, this is democracy- and the violin playing might be an option to the day after .
And the UDS is very serious thing too- currently I intend ti promote it as official elected politician, but if i will not succeed it might become a very serious political diplomatic organization.
November 15, 2018, 9:26 PM · Back to music-
I've recorded another piece of paganini, the 12th sonata.
It is more "Musical" than the 24th caprice:
https://youtu.be/hem9cCccaW0

I took out the central "Jumpy" part because it is more melodic that way in my view.

If you have comments you are welcomed.

November 16, 2018, 6:12 AM · It is worth pointing out that music performance and politics can reside in the same person at the highest level in both spheres - a prime example being Ignacy Jan Paderewski, prime minister of Poland, international concert pianist and composer.

Getting back to Paganini, this evening I'm taking part in a performance of Paganini's Concerto #1 (in the first violins for the avoidance of doubt!) The soloist is Christina Dimitrova, a pupil at Wells Cathedral School in England. She has performed the Bruch and Sibelius with us on previous occasions. At the dress rehearsal last night I could not fault her technique in any respect - for example, octave passages were perfect, as were the high stopped harmonics. We're looking forward to a great performance tonight.

During the concerto rehearsal Paganini's love of the guitar came through in the extended pizzicato accompaniments by the orchestra. He composed well over a 100 pieces of varying length for violin and guitar. Many of them were evidently composed for his pupils and so are within the grasp of us lesser mortals.

November 16, 2018, 9:20 AM · Yes Charles, I admit i'm intolerant of murdering people, stealing other peoples homes and land, putting kids in jails or others with no due process, penning up people in a ghetto and committing ethnocide on an indigeneous people. Perhaps you're more tolerant because you're ignorant of the facts on ground or because theyre farther away from your cultural affiliation and brcause you don't think all people are equally deserving of their rights. Congratulations over your tolerance
Edited: November 16, 2018, 6:07 PM · David Krakovich,
With this topic you have certainly demonstrated that you enjoy playing fast and you have obviously pursued that in your practice.

Many people responded with technical advices. Those advices basically boils down to areas that any professional violinist are pursuing. Subjects like intonation and quality of sound are typical subjects on which violinists are working on also when they have achieved a professional level. You never stop paying attention to those. You continue refining your skills. Well to be fair I can't speak for all but I really think that it is normal to continue to explore your violin playing.

Here is a little story. Many violinists know Ševcík's exercises. Some use them and others use different material. But what about Ševcík himself? He had graduated from Prague Music Conservatory, and he had started as a concert violinist and concert master in Salzburg. So he was a professional and yet he found out that his technique was inadequate and in need of refinement. He could not find material that would help resolving that, so he had to invent the material himself and thus he began to develop the exercises for which he become famous.

The point of telling this story is that it is absolutely no shame when people suggest areas on which you can work even you have told that you have been a professional in the past. Being a professional does not mean there is nothing to learn. It is quite opposite, being a professional opens up a huge world of new possibilities. There is so much to explore. It is actually really exciting when you think about it.

Anyway, there was a different remark early on in this thread.

Scott Cole wrote:

David,
Maybe you can be specific as to what you mean by "professional"?
Does it mean playing in an orchestra? Being a soloist? Something else?
UNQUOTE

It could be interesting to hear your thoughts on that.

November 16, 2018, 7:28 PM · Further to my note yesterday (today?) on the performance of Paganini #1, Christina has just left school and will very shortly be having auditions in Manchester, London, and Amsterdam - all places with stellar conservatories/music colleges.

Her performance of the Paganini this evening was truly magnificent. No sense of nerves, excellent projection in a hall with not quite the best acoustics in the world, immaculate technique and the musicianship to go with it, and excellent rapport with the audience, orchestra and conductor. She played one of the shorter Paganini caprices as an encore.
I always hesitate before using that grossly over-used word "virtuoso", but I think it is appropriate in this instance.

Apparently, her teacher had advised her she was not ready for a Paganini concerto, but she ignored the advice and went ahead. She worked on the concerto a page at a time, taking a week to get each page into her fingers, mind and memory before going on to the next, which suggests at least 20 weeks dedication and hard work.

In the second half of the programme she did what she has done in previous concerts with us, which is to join in with the orchestra as a player in one of the violin sections. I believe she does this to get experience of real symphonic playing outside of the usual school orchestra repertoire. On this occasion she was sitting alongside me in the firsts and sight reading Beethoven 6. In my estimation, anyone who can sight-read the first violin part of the "Storm" movement of that symphony in a concert performance certainly has chops!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings