Do you dare?

Edited: October 12, 2018, 3:35 PM · To take the challenge?

Replies (9)

October 12, 2018, 4:25 PM · Too funny!
Would the outcome be the same with a Mexican orchestra? ;-)
October 12, 2018, 5:07 PM · The mugs, that take the challenges and eat stuff that's far too hot, are us
- The natives know how not to overdo it, they enjoy their food.
October 12, 2018, 9:03 PM · I love this haha!
October 13, 2018, 5:03 AM · That is an ingeresting video, to watch an orchestra eat what looks to be a habanero pepper and then keep on playing their instruments. A habanero is not considered hot to a chillihead but it does cause extreme discomfort to people unaccustomed to eating them.Some of the players show little reaction yet others are turning slightly red in the face, coughing, sniffling, and tearing up. After you eat a hot pepper the heat slightly builds for a few minutes with habaneros and then levels off and after about 10 minutes it starts wearing away. A lot of people like hot peppers because they experience a temporary euphoria that kicks in from so much heat in your body. Try not to rub around your eyes if you do try to eat one.
October 13, 2018, 6:03 AM · Thanks for the tip Jeff - Even ginger in the eyes is painful, let alone chilli!
October 13, 2018, 7:13 AM · My friend once found his uncle's pepper spray in the glovebox of his car. Seeing what was in the can, he immediately put it back without even touching the nozzle.
Ten minutes later, something got in his eye and he tried to rub it out.
The pain, he tells me, was excruciating.
October 13, 2018, 7:19 AM · "what looks to be a habanero pepper and then keep on playing their instruments"

This was a few years ago; in the original video they explained that it was one of those ultrahots (Moruga scorpion or similar), probably equivalent to about five habanero peppers. (I've eaten similar ones, without playing an instrument, though.)

October 13, 2018, 10:02 AM · I love to make fresh pickled peppers in the early fall when we get beautiful sweet Italian peppers from our local growers. But, I always sink a few habaneros into each jar. That gives just the right amount of punch for me. I used to eat scorchingly hot things, but my taste for that has faded over the last 20 years. Nowadays if I order a plate of shrimp, I expect it to taste like shrimp. Not like a chemical warfare agent.
Edited: October 13, 2018, 11:05 AM · If you want to find a way to discharge and get rid of that hot hot pepper taste and spit it out, just become a music critic. That'll get rid of it (or at least express it).

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings