New violin duo!

Edited: September 7, 2018, 4:08 AM · Hi guys, here is a violin duo I recently completed. It's written for intermediate/advanced level but it's very much playable for most people. A few of my friends have tested it out, and they have said it's a lot of fun to play! I think this is a nice piece for a teacher and student to play together. Would love some feedback as I plan to write many more soon. This one is very short and in 2 movements.

Here is a link to the score. If you are interested in playing it, I can send you individual parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edxxwvcawrzvbjz/Dong-duo%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

Replies (9)

September 6, 2018, 8:37 PM · Those aren't violin duos. Those are recordings of violin duos. Post the sheet music and I'll have a look.
September 7, 2018, 3:47 AM · Ok, a link to the score is now included in the original post. Please also listen to the recordings and let me know your thoughts!
September 7, 2018, 3:44 PM · Hi James,

I really like this piece, especially the first movement, and I like what you do with the theme between the two movements. I've been looking for some two violins repertoire lately for an upcoming wedding. I may not get around to it for this wedding, but it would be nice to play this at some point. Do you have some way to accept payment?

Thanks,
Christian

September 7, 2018, 3:54 PM · James, I'm really enthusiastic about your piece! I would love the parts. stanbyerman@gmail.com
Edited: September 7, 2018, 5:06 PM · Hi Christian, thanks for your nice comments, I'm glad you like it! I wouldn't expect any payment since I am just starting out as a composer, but if you could share this piece with your friends and students who also might be interested, that would be enough for me :)

Edited: September 7, 2018, 8:16 PM · n o t
b a d
September 7, 2018, 10:54 PM · Congratulations. I think it's really good. Worth for more than practice with the teacher, excellent for repertoire in some situations like weddings or galas.
If you are accepting people just using it with only giving you credit, can you tell a little about yourself and the piece for due credit to the audience?
Like "this piece was written in XXX by James Dong, a young composer living in XXXX, etc."
September 8, 2018, 6:46 AM · Thanks Carlos, that is a good idea of course! I have now added a description in the youtube recording. I guess if anyone wanted a duo for a specific occasion that required a certain setting eg. wedding, funeral, encore, birthday, beginner's student concert etc. this is my specialty (as opposed to very long serious concert pieces) and I would be happy to write something for a small commission fee :)

September 8, 2018, 11:29 AM · Cool. If you had told us it was written by XXX in early 18th century at one of the numerous European courts - I would have believed you without hesitation. Is there a 3rd movement under construction?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings