Joshua Bell's refurbished violin case for sale - proceeds to charity!

Edited: September 6, 2018, 6:28 AM · First of all I am not entirely certain that it is appropriate for me to post this, because I have something to sell. If it's not, I'm sure Laurie will let me know!

We are selling Joshua Bell's violin case, completely refurbished. Mr. Bell owned this case from 2014 for the 1713 ex Gibson-Huberman Stradivari until recently, when he traded it in for a new case. The new case, currently under construction, will be the exact same model and colors, only with the latest upgrades. It will be Mr. Bell's third practically identical Musafia; the first one resides in my personal collection. Here is a photo of the case when it was new: http://www.musafia.com/JBellCaseB.jpg

This case model if ordered new would cost about USD 1,400. In normal circumstances, we would offer this one for about $1,000 refurbished. Weight is about 2.8 kg/ 6.2 lbs. and it has no particular options in addition to the extra accessory compartments.

Given the exceptional provenance of this case, we are selling it to the person who makes the highest offer, and proceeds will be donated to the Cremona Kiwanis Club charity. This club, of which I am past-president and current board member, is focused on children in need at at an international level, and at a local level offers scholarships to young but underprivileged violin students in order to promote the study of the violin, since 2005.

The current club president is master violin maker Stefano Conia. Here is one of the latest club initiatives: http://www.kiwanis.it/2017/news.php?item.878

We already have already accepted offers over $1,000. If you would like to purchase this case, please contact us at info@musafia.com with an offer and indicate your country of residence, and we'll take it from there

We will sell the case to he/she who makes the highest bid by midnight Oct 1 our local time. A photo of the finished case will be provided as soon as the restoration is finished.

If the highest bidder does not complete the purchase, the next highest will be able to purchase the case. The person who purchases the case will receive also a signed photo of Mr. Bell and an official thank-you from the president of the Cremona Kiwanis Club for supporting the club's charity work.

I'm available for any questions! Cheers Dimitri

Replies (4)

September 5, 2018, 12:47 PM · "for the 1713 ex Gibson-Huberman Stradivari until recently, when he traded it in for a new case" ...
I don't know what Mr Bell is planning to do with two empty cases, but I fancy you got a bargain there!
September 5, 2018, 1:18 PM · As stated in the text above, the first case is in my private collection and I will never sell it, and the second is being auctioned to raise funds for a musically oriented charity.

Mr. Bell will be using the third case of course.

Edited: September 11, 2018, 5:47 AM · I am not in the market for a case right now but I just wanted to say that is one beautiful case.

Whoever wins it will get a lifetime of use out of it.

September 11, 2018, 10:31 PM · That was a grammatical joke, Dimitri:)

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings