Studies for Allegro con spirito (First movement from Sonata KV 301 in G major) by Mozart

August 30, 2018, 7:28 AM · Please help!

Replies (7)

August 30, 2018, 4:41 PM · You probably need to be a bit more specific for us to be of any help. Are you asking for Etudes that prepare you to play that movement or something else? If you are asking for a list of Etudes, what Etudes have you done? How long have you been playing? I am not sure there are specific Etudes for that piece. If you are asking for something else, please be a bit more precise? Good luck!
August 30, 2018, 6:49 PM · I looked at the violin part and it does not tell me what you might find hard--except that it is Mozart. If you don't have any specific problem you can name I suggest you dive right in and enjoy!
Edited: August 30, 2018, 9:48 PM · There is a style for playing Mozart. I think one can gather what it is from listening to it played well - and paying close attention: how you phrase, how you taper the notes, how the staccato notes are played, avoiding "romantic" slides, etc. Practicing the Sonata itself with all that in mind, will be all the etude you should need. Then find a pianist to play it with - the pianist gets most of the good stuff!

It can certainly be learned, even if some most famous Russian-origin violinist (whose Mozart recordings I can recall from 50 years ago) did not.

August 31, 2018, 2:21 AM · Thank you everyone. I just wanted to gear up with any etudes, if required before playing Mozart.
I have been playing book 5 of Suzuki methods currently. In addition, presently, I'm trying some Sevcik etudes to improve my tonality and position playing, as I want to improve my techniques.
August 31, 2018, 9:37 AM · Probably just G major scales and arpeggios. It's a fairly easy piece.
August 31, 2018, 9:57 PM · At the Suzuki book 5 level, Wolfhart, Kayser, and Mazas are the commonly used etude books.
September 1, 2018, 1:46 PM · Thank you, everyone!!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings