Any CF Mezzo Forte Violin review update?

August 1, 2018, 11:19 PM · It makes a lot of sense in my circumstances to get a Carbon Fiber Violin. On top of my tropical weather, that I can still control with A/C, I have been travelling around the country and playing in beach resorts and very humid (jungle!) places. For those, instead of my good violin I have been using my first VSO, but I am uncomfortable playing high positions in that instrument and the sound is disappointing.
Last reviews I have checked here in Violinist.com about Mezzo Forte violins, are almost 5 years old. So I would appreciate if any of the previous users have any update, or if any new user may help me about the opinion on the violin.
Personally I am particularly interested in the playability. I accept that the sound is going to be less complex and less rich than a traditional one, but I am quite please (from the online videos and reviews I see), about its loudness, which is a good thing for what it is for.
I would like to see opinions on playing in high positions, responsiveness to vibrato, etc.

Thanks!

Replies (1)

August 2, 2018, 3:50 PM · Bump! I'd like to know too. Don't know enough, but I think they sound better than Luis and Clark carbon fiber violins at least.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings