I want to know name of a song. Please help me!!!

Edited: July 31, 2018, 11:34 PM · Can you tell me name of this song?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EzR8-q4OLFE&t=51s

Replies (5)

Edited: August 1, 2018, 12:39 PM · For what's worth, I tried entering it in a music search engine, but to no avail.

It's pentatonic, so maybe a Chinese or Vietnamese traditional song?

August 1, 2018, 12:53 PM · I don't recognize the opening part (could be just made up, variation of the coming tune,) but the violin enters with Arirang, an old Korean folk tune.
August 4, 2018, 7:29 PM · I had to call my mom for the name, then register on the forums! The cello melody starting at 1:35 is a Taiwanese song, Wang4 Chun Feng in Mandarin, literal characters are hope spring wind, but probably more poetic as "longing for the spring breeze" or something like that. I vaguely recall scattered lyrics but only by sound/tone because I don't actually know the dialect (which I think is the most common one spoken in Taiwan outside of standard Mandarin).
August 6, 2018, 1:19 PM · Yes it's an old Korean folk song called "Arirang"! The title says "arirang" in Hangul characters, and I agree with Jeewon Kim.
August 8, 2018, 11:05 PM · The tunes are definitely two different songs but opening with similar melodic pattern, which is probably why the artists chose to perform them together. After the portion where they are both playing Arirang, it switches back to the Taiwanese song at 4:45.

Here is a version recorded by one of the popular singers from the 70s/80s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWBjbrnpRU

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings