Ebay MJZ 930 violins,,fake?

Edited: July 13, 2018, 12:06 PM · Hi ,what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Ming-Jiang-Zhu-4-4-G930A-and-S930A-Violin-Certificate-From-Player-Guo/142862524584?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Replies (8)

Edited: July 13, 2018, 9:28 PM · I have a MJZ violin. My certificate and violin label both look different than the ones on the violins being sold in these eBay auctions. That doesn't exclude the possibility that the MJZ workshop changed those things, but I doubt it. It's interesting that the seller "borrowed" some of their description verbatim from Fiddlershop's MJZ descriptions, even leaving Fiddlershop's name in it! And the seller's feedback history is not very reassuring either, to be charitable about it. If it seems too good to be true, you can be confident that it is too good to be true. Scam!
July 13, 2018, 1:44 PM · Bidding starts at $40. They're probably worth that, at least.
Edited: July 13, 2018, 9:19 PM · I bought my cheap violin on-line (this was before I came across Violinist.com and read the article warning us NOT to buy VSOs), but when I buy a better violin, I wouldn't buy it on the internet! Don't you have to play-test them yourself first before considering to buy them???

PS: Did you guys see the shipping and handling price? $288.00!!! So even if you won the bid at $39.99, you'd STILL be ripped off!

July 13, 2018, 6:05 PM · It's location was in Baoding, which is in Hebei. I know that there are several invidual factories and violin producers (Not makers necessarily) in Hebei province, so it could be either.
July 13, 2018, 7:04 PM · The violin 930 is the top of line, which is sold at 5500 USD on Aliexpress ..... those are more similar to 903 .....
July 13, 2018, 7:14 PM · LOL fake Chinese violins with Fake Chinese labels
July 14, 2018, 6:00 PM · Yeah Lyndon - cool, huh? Only thing we can be pretty sure about - their origin... How often can we claim that...? ;-)
July 15, 2018, 11:21 AM · I'm tempted to say fake.

I've heard of MJZ violins, but never of the 930; I thought the 925 was their "top" model.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings