Welcome to our new server home

June 26, 2018, 11:40 AM · Hello Violinist.com readers,

If you are seeing this, your ISP has successfully redirected you to our new server host. We have not changed the site's design - only where we are hosting it. Hopefully, this will lead to improved performance as you read Violinist.com.

Thanks for being part of the violin community!

Replies (6)

Edited: June 27, 2018, 5:43 AM · Robert, many thanks for sorting out the problems. I may be wrong, but for a while I've been suspecting there was something amiss with the previous host - their server regularly being down for a few hours on almost a weekly basis for maintenance didn't seem quite right for a professional hosting service!
June 26, 2018, 6:28 PM · I haven't been here long but I was pretty sure you were hosting this site on a 2003 Compaq sitting in someone's closet. ;)

(Just kidding, but the server issues you've been having are very early to mid 2000s-ish).

Edited: June 27, 2018, 7:49 PM · Thank you so much for finding the new server. I've suspected for a while that something was wrong with the old one.

I have a quick question. Is it possible to incorporate page navigation links in order to more easily access old threads (the May 2017-May 2018)?

June 28, 2018, 10:56 AM · Robert, Nice to meet you. Thanks for all of the diligence that has led to a much better experience for all of us!
June 29, 2018, 1:55 PM · Seems pretty quick now, thanks.
June 29, 2018, 2:55 PM · Working much better.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases