Has anyone tried\heard of Infinite Strings?

June 11, 2018, 11:07 AM · I saw a few posts about it from several years ago and I was wondering if anyone has tried them since then. Their violins look very nice for the price and the sounds clips are very good, at least to me. Does anyone have any of their violins?

Replies (4)

June 11, 2018, 11:11 AM · Are you able to try their violins in-person? Why do you plan to buy online?
June 11, 2018, 11:20 AM · I am not able to try them in person, but they have a 14-day return policy. I am very interested because they are a lot less expensive than what I had originally budgeted and they sound very nice compared to my own instrument. I know you can't really capture how it sounds in a recording, but in my experience recorded violin sounds worse than how it sounds in person. The other threads had a lot of nice things to say about them and I just wanted to have some confirmation.
June 13, 2018, 2:30 PM · I just recently purchased one of their Private Stock VSA violins and am very happy with it. Ideally, you would want to go to a shop and try a few violins in your price range, then take home the one you liked the best for a trial period before purchasing. If you cannot do that for some reason, Infinite Strings is an alternative. You get to hear their violins played online by a very talented violinist, then you purchase it and can return it if you chose within 14 days. I have been playing the violin for nearly 50 years now and have studied with some very fine concert artists here in NYC. While I am not a professional, I have soloed in concertos and concert pieces with local community orchestras over the years. I have also owned some very nice Italian, French, and German violins. This IF Strings Private Stock is an excellent violin. The tone is on the dark side, with a very projecting and bell like E string all the way up the fingerboard. Although a new instrument, it already has a very nice character of tone. The maker studied in Italy, the US and China. He has two silver medals for tone and two certificates in workmanship form VSA competitions. He also recently won the gold medal for antique violin in a completion in Bulgaria. I would highly recommend the Private Stock line of violins from Infinite Strings. And no, I am not an employee or being paid by them to endorse their instruments.
June 16, 2018, 7:35 AM · For anyone who cares, I bought one of their master build violins and it arrived today. I am blown away with how much better it sounds than my current violin. It plays so much easier as well. I am very, very satisfied. I would definitely recommend anyone who is on a budget to try them.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings