Opinion about this Yita violin

June 9, 2017, 12:50 AM · Hi I have been seeing a lot of consistant positive feedbacks on Yita violins floating around and I have decided to give it a try looking for a decent violin with a low price tag.

I find this one really beautiful... but the description kind of doesnt convince me too much: "loud and open" where others are described as "mature", "deep" "quick responding"...

I wonder if the description ever really fits what it is? Or its just an ornament they add to the advert?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201946678775?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And has anyone bought from the seller: Capitalmusic2008?

Thanks for letting me know what you think!

Replies (71)

Edited: June 9, 2017, 2:22 AM · It is beautiful. I wish I hadn't just had to fix a broken tooth, otherwise I might try for it just for the beauty aspect! ;)
I have two of their violins, one that sounds nice, and one that sounds beautiful but is very quiet.
My experience with them has been that the violins themselves are quite impressive, considering how relatively cheap it is to buy them, but they will need new strings, and the setup might be questionable and have some unsightly quirks or require new pieces altogether such as tailpiece and pegs. Also I had both of mine's bridges shaven off a bit to adjust the curve and in one of them (the quiet one) I basically re-cut the whole bridge to try to get a bit more Oomph from it because the bridge was very heavy and thick. Also both had soundposts that were too long and I replaced them.
So in conclusion, the 'box' tends to be very nice (again, considering the price, it's amazing!), but the setup is crap. I was able to do most of the setup work to fix it myself, but if you have to pay a luthier to do it, it might get expensive.

June 9, 2017, 2:44 AM · I don't know if this is completely true, but my guess would be the quality of workmanship, or lack thereof, that went into the defective fittings would be commensurate with the quality of workmanship, or lack thereof, that went into the body of the violin, in fact being good at fittings requires less talent than being good at making the violin body itself IMHO. I guess you get what you pay for, if even that???
Edited: June 9, 2017, 3:03 AM · I'm with Fox on this. Yitas can be surprisingly great for the price, but only if you are capable of doing your own setup work. The nut may be too high, the bridge too high, soundpost will need to be adjusted and a new set of strings definitely.

If you need a luthier to do all that it will add up to $$$. If you can do it yourself (since it's just a cheap violin anyhow) you will learn a lot about violin adjusting and end up with a good deal.

And the descriptions in my experience don't mean a thing.

June 9, 2017, 3:26 AM · Lyndon, I highly suspect that the people who make the violins are not the same who make the fittings and that the ones who do the setup are also different people. It has the feel of many cooks stirring the pot, kind of thing, to me. The quality of the different parts of the whole varies way too much to be all from the same people, in my humble opinion.
June 9, 2017, 3:56 AM · Yeah different people, but the same boss, the same low standards, the same crappy workmanship.
June 9, 2017, 4:01 AM · Hm, its a $200 Maggini. I honestly dont see where to get better craftmanship for this price.
June 9, 2017, 4:03 AM · The fitting of th bridge is not even right on the marketing picture
June 9, 2017, 4:20 AM · Lyndon, have you ever personally tested a yita violin?
Edited: June 9, 2017, 4:28 AM · If I had the money to spare I would buy it to practice making more bridges and setting soundposts and whatever else it might need done (the nut is probably way high). In the end when I'd be done with it, it might sound good, or might be just pretty. ;)
...and yeah Marc, if you look closely, they didn't even bother straightening the bridge for the photos. This kind of lack of attention to details grinds my gears. And makes everything Lyndon can come up with to say against these violins potentially valid. I mean, c'mon, they're supposed to be expert makers, straighten the damn bridge before taking the photo!
June 9, 2017, 4:45 AM · ...actually I wouldn't try to buy /this one/ if Shaheen is interested, because that would be a jerk move on my part. But yeah, I don't have a Maggini model yet and this one is really pretty.
Also, never heard of the Capitalmusic2008 ones.
June 9, 2017, 5:44 AM · Actually the makers of $200 violins would not be expected to be expert at anything, except perhaps generating hype for their product on the internet.
June 9, 2017, 10:41 AM · Thanks fox for being considerate ;) Its on auction with no bids as yet, im hoping to get it.
I'm thinking of using their upgrade option of aubert bridge and dominant strings and lets see what comes along.
June 9, 2017, 11:29 AM · The bids always come in at the last moment. Truly in the last minute the price will spike. Set YOUR price that YOU are comfortable with and don't go chasing it any higher than that.
June 9, 2017, 11:49 AM · When I bought a Viola from yitamusic. The viola itself was an okay instrument, but luthiers criticized its setup, and I agreed to some extent. Ill fitted pegs in particular I noticed very much. The bridge wasn't cut too well, I sold it off at 90% of the investment. Bitter loss.

Then again, some of their bows 2 years ago were very nice, especially for the auction price, then later quality started going down... rapidly!

June 9, 2017, 12:02 PM · I bought two or tree Yata violins.
They are well constructed, good varnish but you will have to change bridge, soundpost and strings.
As a student, or amauter, instrument a Yata violin goes very well. If you intend to play in a orchestra, you will not hear your own violin, only the others beside you.
June 9, 2017, 12:30 PM · A generic Markneukirchen Strad label violin from around 1900 is usually a better sounding violin than these cheap Chinese violins like Yita. They can easily be bought for $150 on ebay, but you will need some set up like bridge and soundpost, pegs are often OK. This sounds like a risk but you have to do the same amount of costly setup on your Yita violin to get it to play properly, so the generic Strad label violin can actually be cheaper to get a playing instrument. Maybe $150 cost and $200 for bridge, soundpost, good strings, level fingerboard etc, but remember the Yita may well have more costly things wrong with its set up than the generic antique Strad label violin.
June 9, 2017, 2:37 PM · And we all know these $150 antique strads have been well cared for for lo these many years....
June 9, 2017, 3:05 PM · An antique violin that's survived to this point has been at least good enough that people have bothered to keep it around. They may be junk but at least they were treasured junk.
June 9, 2017, 3:06 PM · How long do you need to save up 1,000? If you can do that in a few months, it would probably be best to do that and then find a better student violin than these.
June 9, 2017, 4:43 PM · Shaheen, I wouldn't trust them to cut the 'upgrade' bridge for it. I would much rather have that done by a local luthier I trusted - or do it myself now that can do that. ;)
I also wouldn't 'upgrade' for the Dominant strings. With the rampant fake strings from China thing going on, who knows if they've got the real deal or not. That and I don't like Dominants. Put some Tonicas you buy stateside on it from a reputable shop to get an idea of the character of the violin. ...that's what I would do.
As for buying an antique Strad-label on eBay, I must say I see two potential problems with that logic: First, what if the person wants /that/ violin? Like I said, I'd buy it for the looks! And second, an old violin very likely will have problems such as open seams and cracks, besides being all scuffed up and gunked and worn BESIDES needing to be set-up, which are much more costly jobs. If you are a restorer that might be a good deal but if you just want to play you may be in a world of trouble before you get to find out what your 'new' instrument even sounds like.
With new strings the Yitas are playable right out of the box and you can tweak them from there.
June 9, 2017, 4:53 PM · Yita prices have been going up lately, and it doesn't seem to correspond to the currency exchange. I wouldn't put much faith in the description, as English and web site maintenance apparently aren't their strengths, and they seem to be copying and pasting many of the descriptions.

The last thing I'd go by would be by how 'beautiful' it looks -- that probably appeals to some others as well and has little to do with how it performs. It can also be fun to get an antiqued one which can make some teachers think that you spent a lot of money and the kids think that you should save up and buy a new one.

I haven't had any problems with their pegs, but then again I've always replaced their tailpieces with a Wittner, so it doesn't matter much. Bridges can be hit & miss, and the setup is not uniformly bad; in some cases it's actually quite good, but all of that varies, and with an online purchase of this sort, it's really a roll of a dice -- don't spend more than you're willing to gamble.

In my experience, $1000 does not guarantee a better student violin, nor does $2000, but that might have been a rare lucky dice. However, if you do have $2000, your odds of finding one you can live with at that price in a local store by trying many is better than your odds of getting a great one online for say $500 on your first try.

June 9, 2017, 6:41 PM · In the manufacturing process they probably use specialized fixtures, jigs, and CNC machinery. So even a lowered skilled worker can manage to get the box assembled and probably fairly competently most of the time. The difficulty is finding skilled craftspeople, to work at a low salary, to properly install the sound post, strings, bridge, etc. They could very well have no experience playing the violin at all. Also since they are being sold at rock bottom prices, they are budgeting for the lowest price strings and fittings they can find.
June 9, 2017, 7:31 PM · In China it's cheaper and easier to simply have a human carve out the wood. Plenty of videos of Chinese violin workshops on YouTube to see how it's done.

I've been happy with all of my Yita purchases

June 9, 2017, 11:08 PM · So, did you get it? :)
June 10, 2017, 12:13 AM · yes I did :) won the auction an hour ago... i'm still deciding on whether to do the add ons such as bridge, strings and bow since there aren't any luthiers here
June 10, 2017, 1:02 AM · Congratulations!
Let us know what you think of it and all that once it arrives, please. :)
June 10, 2017, 1:08 AM · If you don't already have a bow it might be worth it to tack the bow on, just to have one.

Because of the amount of bridge issues discussed in this thread I would advise against the upgraded bridge - I'd say chances are fair that it would not be much better. You can always purchase a few cheap blanks and figure out how to carve the feet on one yourself and at the least shape it to the top of the violin correctly.

June 10, 2017, 1:24 AM · I just a cheap bow.. do any on the add on option seem decent?
Edited: June 10, 2017, 1:30 AM · Bow's are pretty personal.

They're probably not super quality based on price (when you produce bows for cheap sale, you want quantity over quality), but depending on how cheap cheap is it might be an upgrade, or it might not be.

If you do choose to, the carbon fiber ones are probably the best bet.

June 10, 2017, 4:43 AM · Congratulations, you got it at a great price - lower than what I would have expected. Their brazilwood bows have been quite good for the money IMO, and a real step up in wood is quite a lot more. Consider getting a plywood case with it if you're thinking of upgrading that. You would save some money on shipping when getting it with the violin in place of the foam case they'd normally send it in.

About the bridge, it looks ok to me in the pictures, but what do I know.. In view of the fact that you don't have access to local luthiers, I don't agree with the logic that you shouldn't trust them and do it yourself. It takes skill, and to think that you're going to be better as a beginner is foolish. Given that they wouldn't just take a random bridge and tack it on, but would have it carved for you for the extra money, and given how little they already charge for the labour, I think there's a fair chance that you would get a decent bridge specially carved, at least a better one than you'd make yourself, and for a lot less than what a good local luthier would charge, if you could find one. Two options - live with the one provided, or take a gamble. As it's not much more, if I didn't have a luthier around, I'd take the gamble. But be careful switching bridges, as you can damage the surface and drop the soundpost when doing that.

June 10, 2017, 4:56 AM · I got an upgraded bridge on one on my Yita violas. They also send the original bridge as well. So you should end up with two bridges to mess around with.

Congrats on the new violin!

June 10, 2017, 10:22 AM · Thank you ! The seller is out of office till Monday, So ill get my invoice only then... the weekend to think about the bridge or no bridge upgrade ;)
Anyhow, looking forward to receiving it and will keep posted to review what comes!
June 11, 2017, 7:27 AM · Lyndon Taylor, why are you so negative about Chinese violins or violas. You have been very negatively critical about Chinese violins, WHY? I am a Canadian and personally speaking violins and violas made by the contemporary Chinese violin workshops are far superior to the European counterparts, absolutely no doubt. I have owned both violins and violas made by Chinese workshop and price wise/quality wise those European workshops will never be able to match. Mind you the Chinese have not come up with good strings but this is another issues. Lyndon Taylor you have to stop belittling the Chines made instruments. Are you a racist or are you a bigot or just envious? I have seen how you put down Chinese instruments and other members have also pointed out your bias but you are not willing to stop. STOP RIGHT NOW.
June 11, 2017, 8:09 AM · Peace Lee;

He is a dealer in antique violins. It's not in his best interests to stop. It's like asking a Ford dealer to stop trash talking imports. It won't happen. There are unfortunate side effects to that but to my knowledge this community doesn't have a rule about holding a strong opinion.

P.S Hi from another Canadian! :)

June 11, 2017, 8:09 AM · I may be presumptuous in offering a possible explanation on behalf of Lyndon and others with his views
(I imagine he'll let me know if I'm wrong):

It's not so much that these instruments are Chinese. But rather, it's the "race to the bottom" mentality that the Chinese business model has perfected that has permeated every aspect of our existence.
It may have been inevitable, and they may not be the only ones doing it. And we are heavily dependent on cheap Chinese clones of every product, an economic reality that has allowed Americans to continue to consume with ever-shrinking wages. Every possible product is copied or pirated, and almost immediately undercuts the market. I don't know why anyone would bother to design or manufacture anything anymore.

The model even applies to companies like Uber or Mary Kay: flood the market with salesmen until saturation. Another kind of race to the bottom that ultimately destroys the commons.

Yes, it's great to be able to buy something at a fraction of a price directly from China. I know people who have ordered these instruments directly from China. But this is an example of the "destruction of the commons": each of us making personally rational decisions that have a negative effect on our immediate community. In other words, it is too tempting to sh!it in our economic beds. And every time we order from Amazon with one click, or download sheet music that was copied, or buy a cheap instrument online instead of from the local shop (yet we have the gall to have the local luthier fix that cheap violin), it weakens our local economy and undermines the entire industry: luthiers, suppliers, violin-making schools, anyone connected to the industry. And thus we gripe about the economy.

I can't imagine that $200 will buy anything decent. I guess it depends on your standards.
And it is a mystery why the Chinese can't make strings.

June 11, 2017, 8:46 AM · To further muddy the waters:

Of what benefit is it to buy a $1000 violin from a local shop. Yet, that violin itself was also made in China (Eastman, Snow, etc, etc..)?

June 11, 2017, 8:48 AM · I agree with you Scott Cole, until you said that $200 can not buy something decent. I have one of the Maggini Yita instruments and it is very decent.

(China ruined manufacturing in the US and it is our own fault. We did this to ourselves.)

I also two of their upper level instruments which are better than just very decent.

A person looking to pay $200 can not order a custom instrument from a luthier.

What is the different between buying a Czech instrument and a Chinese instrument but the price?

China is the new Mittenwald - Mirecourt. I have gone to NYC luthiers with yita violins and agree that it is cheesy. I was embarrassed but did it anyway. The local luthier has a shop full of chinese instruments. If you buy from Yita you get a sight unheard instrument at a wholesale price. It's a roll of the dice.

Some of the local instruments that sell for $1,000 and are "old" were in the Sears catalog for $20.

I am in the opposite camp than Lyndon. I am a Yita addict.

Hi, My name is Dennis and I am a Yita addict.

(Yes, I know this is rambling.)

June 11, 2017, 9:11 AM · Those chinese instruments are not ruining the market yet. A new European/American handmade instrument is 10k+, even a manufactured one usually over $3000. This is a whole different market. I dont believe somebody looking for a $200 violin would buy the other one if the $200 violin would not exist. Those who can afford the other one will eventually do, as there is still a huge gap in quality.
Now you have somebody playing a violin who would not if there way no chinese instruments. He brings it to a local luthier to get it fixed. Thats how this luthier earns his money, its not cheesy. Most make the living out of the service part and it does not matter if he does this on a violin from China, Europe, America or on an old broomstick. The money he earns is the same.
People that conce trate on actual violin making like Burgess are not affected either.
I know this is also way to simplifyed to match the actual economics but this is way nearer the truth than the other statements. Every single economy that tried to concentrate on itself ignoring international market crushed. More like imploded. It is complete bs to think closing economic boarders is helping mid or longterm.
June 11, 2017, 11:43 AM · I think Lyndon's comments in this thread have been perfectly reasonable, and reflect the truth of the matter.

Bottom-end Chinese violins -- whether they come out of an online outfit like Yita, or sold under a brand like Cecilio -- have to compromise on materials, workmanship, set-up, or (most likely) all three. They can probably machine-cut materials into something that is a functional violin, but to really make it playable requires hand-finishing by someone skilled.

That's why violin shops in the US often import Chinese violins "in the white" -- they let the basic mass-produceable work be done in China, and then they do the skilled labor themselves. (Some of them may also have supervised workshops in China that do this skilled labor, since there are also skilled, trained luthiers in China.)

Lyndon's point, I think, is that if you buy a cheap Chinese factory product like a Yita online, that you are likely to have to put so much money into it to make it playable that you might as well have bought something nicer locally (or from a reputable online dealer like Shar). That nicer instrument might just be a well-finished new Chinese violin, or it might be a fixed-up antique. Or, you could also be gambling on antique German factory/workshop instruments for about the same price, that also need fixing up, but probably have higher quality materials and workmanship.

I do think that newer factory and workshop instruments have figured out how to appeal to the student trade, by creating loud-under-the-ear, bright, unsubtle instruments. The old Germans might actually be better violins, but a new Chinese might be more likely to impress a beginner or even an intermediate-level player.

June 11, 2017, 12:50 PM · "I agree with you Scott Cole, until you said that $200 can not buy something decent. I have one of the Maggini Yita instruments and it is very decent."

It's all relative. To me, "very decent" is hard to get for under about $30,000.
Students bring inexpensive instruments to me all the time, and I've never seen anything remotely decent sounding in a student instrument for $200.

June 11, 2017, 2:49 PM · My humble opinion is that nobody should be so prejudiced against the Chinese made violins or any other workshop violins. Honest opinion is good but to downgrade them is another matter. I am a classically trained musician, am amateur not professional and I have played many violins and violas. Currently I play a Chinese made viola set up by Lisle violin shop and its sound is gorgeous. I also owned violins made by the Yang Wei, Opera and Dieter-Sun workshops and they are excellent instruments. I also have a 15.75 inch Yita viola the Guadagnini model and all those who have played it liked it. For those students who want to buy a decent violin or viola with a tight budgets the Chinese made violin is the best option, MHO. Just to let you know Lyndon, a $300 Chinese violin sells anywhere between $1500 and $2000 in local stores here with a new set up such as re fitted bridge, a better set of strings or may be pegs. They are excellent instrument for their prices, Lyndon, please withhold your deep felt prejudice. Thank you.
June 11, 2017, 2:51 PM · Jesus Christ, this argument again! :P
Blessed is he who can pay $30000 for a fancy wooden box!
Has it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps it's not the Chinese who are undercutting us, but instead it's our own economy with its overinflated cost of living and abysmal socioeconomic disparity that's what's 'wrong' in all of this?
Price is not a reliable indication of quality in this highly subjective business!
June 11, 2017, 3:00 PM · We all need to get out of the violin gutter and talk about decent violins for a change, there seems to be a race to the bottom on this forum.
June 11, 2017, 3:09 PM · That would be awesome, Lyndon, if more people could afford what you consider 'decent'. I sincerely don't think people buy Chinese because they are swimming in money and just want to see how little they can pay for a violin. ;)

June 11, 2017, 3:14 PM · That would be fine if you were poor and could admit you bought a cheap violin, instead we have to be bombarded with nonsense about how great the cheap violin is and how much better it is than much better made violins from the past, admit it, you bought a cheap violin, not the best sound, you get what you pay for, not some incredible miracle.
June 11, 2017, 3:38 PM · The problem there is that things are relative.
There are better sounding violins, and there are worse sounding violins. That's true for all price tiers, $200 or $2000 or $20000 and so on.
Do you offer a violin of acceptable quality for $200 in your shop?
(also considering you supposedly have never handled one of the Yitas, this comparison is entirely based on conjecture, so going for the bottom-end, what is your cheapest 'student' violin?)
Edited: June 11, 2017, 4:35 PM · I'm not sure why you're obsessed with value Lyndon. I have never met a musician who compares two instruments based on their value except in a shop and they have a budget. No one cares if Booby Jo plays a cheap violin if it sounds nice. No one cares if Jimmy Gooblesnock's Violin costs $30,000 if it sounds like a strung cardboard box.

If someone is happy with how a cheap violin sounds then go with it. If it looks pretty and you like pretty things, go with it. If you can only afford $200, go with it!

I have always been under the impression playability and tone are what's important, not the price tag. If the price tag is all that is important, don't you feel bad offering all those cheaper violins in your shop? They're only $1,000-10,000! That's pretty cheap as far as instruments go - should people be ashamed to play them? Because it feels like that's where this is heading.

This discussion has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, is not helpful to anyone at all, and to be honest the condescension is really turning me off this entire community. Let's not instrument shame. I see absolutely zero reason why people can't just be supportive - this is a thread about a fellow, presumably new to Violin, or at least on the newer end of the spectrum, trying to get their feet wet, and we are debating the value of the guys new violin in a derogatory manner. How is that okay?

June 11, 2017, 4:36 PM · I have a friend who owns a number of M20/T20 Yita violins and he loves them all. He even owns a few Yita violin bows. Personally I only own a 15.75 inch Yita viola and the sound is warm and mellow, not as big as my other Chinese - Lisle Shop viola. However I find the Yita instruments are similar to the Old Violin House instruments in sound and construction wise. Although I own a number of Chinese violins but my primary playing instrument is an 18th century German violin. Having said that based on what I have seen, heard and played the Yita T20/M20 violins are worth every penny if you are willing to upgrade the strings and possibly a better set up. By the way Dominant strings will not work well with Chinese violins but Obligato strings will do wonders.
June 11, 2017, 6:47 PM · Anybody catch Jimmy Gooblesnock' at Tanglewood performing Medholson's violin concerto last August? It was simply sublime.
June 11, 2017, 7:31 PM · That $300 Chinese violin selling for $1500-$2000 in the local shop is exactly what we're talking about, I think. When you're buying a $200 violin online you're sort of getting half of a playable instrument. You then have to put a bunch of money into it to make it playable. What people here are trying to do, I think (I hope) is to warn players against assuming that the $200 violin is in playable condition.

If that's all you can afford, then maybe you gamble on getting one that's in better shape and you make do with what you have; maybe you get lucky and it sounds better than the typical $200 violin. And sometimes people get especially lucky with decent workshop instruments made with good-quality tonewoods. But in general it isn't really credible to claim that these are great-sounding instruments. That's okay; not everyone wants or needs what Scott Cole considers "decent".

June 11, 2017, 8:29 PM · I agree with you Lydia. Almost all of the new Chinese workshop violins I have seen so far requires new strings and some require bridge height adjustment which some of us can do ourselves. Since those Chinese luthiers are not players most of the bridges are cut to certain standard which are a bit higher (by as much as 1mm) on both G and E strings so a player has to sand down the height to suit her/himself. All of the bridges will fit pretty good on the violins and the peg most likely will need a bit of compound to make them turn smoothly. Other than that the extra expense or additional cost lies mainly on the new strings because most of the strings come with these violins are entry level strings which are not quite up to the American standard. The Yita viola that I bought had its sound post dislodged upon arrival so this will be another additional cost.
June 11, 2017, 11:54 PM · Ok so here is the deal with the yita violin. they say the one that appeared on the photo as I was bidding was actually sold already and instead they could ship me either of these, I'm a bit disapointed because the one i did bid for had a finer flame.

Anyhow, I am given the choice between two of the same models: which of these two should I choose:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/double/v44own-z-dez-U/44own-z-dez2.jpg
or
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/double/v44own-z-dfa-U/44own-z-dfa2.jpg

Or it doesnt really matter at his point?

June 12, 2017, 12:08 AM · Oooh now that's not nice of them! That's another potential problem when buying online - specially on eBay. Lyndon can say he told us so, and he's right if he does.
Either one of those is really going to be a matter of personal preference for you, since you were bidding mostly based on what it looked like anyway since that's all you had to go by. I would ask them to upgrade the bridge for free since they messed up.
...actually! I would kindly ask if they could upgrade the bridge AND the case for free since they sold the one you won the bidding for, so this way you can either get some freebies or they can haggle and talk you down to just either the bridge or the case. ;)
June 12, 2017, 12:16 AM · I already paid for the violin plus upgrades...
June 12, 2017, 12:21 AM · Unless I ask for evah pirazzi string upgrade, that being if they are even riginal as some have mentionned doubts about it,
June 12, 2017, 12:26 AM · ...ask them to include one of their 'pernambuco' bows then? Or maybe try one of the Ipe bows? I've been wondering what those are like.
June 12, 2017, 1:24 AM · Well finally they gave me a bettter deal i belive, they would send me this one instead :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Giovanni-Paolo-Maggini-Copy-T20-Violin-Free-upgrade-Dominant-135B-Strings-/311678137120?hash=item489176f320
June 12, 2017, 1:43 AM · Ok, they just changed the photo on the listing to one of the violins they suggested me earlier.. when I saw it a while ago, it had a very fine flame and a red hue.
So I believe they are sending me the nicer "looking" one.
June 12, 2017, 1:54 AM · they confirmed it:

this is what they send me:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb4.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb5.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb6.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/jiuchong/violin/10/v44own-z-azb-U/44own-z-azb1.jpg

im please atleast visually.
ill write another post as i unbox when it comes..

thanks for all the opinions and support and caution advices!!

Edited: June 12, 2017, 2:12 AM · Well, have fun. If you hear rattling you may look at the bridges feet.
June 12, 2017, 6:50 AM · That bait-and-switch is against eBay rules, as far as I know. Big warning flag.
June 12, 2017, 9:22 AM · No CNC required!

June 12, 2017, 11:07 AM · I don't know if you all understood, I won this in an auction.
A T-20 Yita violin usually cost as from $399. The product in that page is a T-20 Maginni too + dominant strings which I believe cost what they advertise it to be.
June 12, 2017, 11:16 AM · Shaheen--I predict that you will be quite happy with your new violin.

Don't worry about all the arguments here. Every month or two we argue about: Chinese violins, using (or not using) a shoulder rest, being too old to even consider being accepted to a conservatory if you started at age 5 instead of 3.....and other such topics.

June 12, 2017, 1:23 PM · Yes, but I believe that eBay requires that if photos are posted, that the photos have to match the actual item they are selling to you.

Otherwise they can just post photos of the prettiest thing they've got in this model, and each time tell the buyer, "Oops, no longer available, how about this other not-as-pretty one?"

June 12, 2017, 2:07 PM · I hear your concern, Lydia. But, its not as if they sent her a different instrument as a surprise. They notified her of the mistake, and offered a choice of replacements. As I've said elsewhere, I've owned 6 different Yita violas (and one violin), and have always received exactly what I ordered, no surprises.

I have personally found them to be responsive to communications. And even returned one viola that had an open seam, no problemo.

June 12, 2017, 3:13 PM · he didn't buy this violin from Yita, according to the OP????
June 12, 2017, 5:17 PM · Lyndon, I believe she was asking opinions of Capitalmusic2008 as another alternative source for Ebay violins aside from the offering from Yita.
June 12, 2017, 5:21 PM · Hmmm. The original link went to Yita. Is this another site trying to act as a middleman? Don't know - I have two Yita violins, a T20 and a Master violin, and two colleagues have bought Master violins also having seen and played mine. They're both very happy as well.
I found Yita to be very straight - what you see is what you get, but if this is a 3rd party selling a Yita violin???
June 12, 2017, 5:39 PM · The pictures are from Yita on a server. Rarely, they make a mistake and they are very good about fixing it. They have a high volume business in different languages.

Once, they said they mailed a bow to the wrong person and sent me a different one with my approval.

I have bought a lot from them and they have always been very responsive.

June 24, 2017, 9:21 PM · Shaheen, did you get your violin yet?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases