String Camps or Festivals in Mexico

March 20, 2018, 6:44 PM · Hi Everyone,

I am traveling around Mexico and down to Argentina, and I was wondering about music festivals or string camps. I saw a couple of the universities offer some international festivals for other instruments, but I came by that information through some complex research. It's very hard to find any reliable info about the music programs in Mexico. I know Henryk Szeryng used to teach at one of the conservatories in Mexico City.

Anyway, any info you have is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jasmine

Replies (2)

Edited: March 20, 2018, 9:39 PM · Just a dumb question, but do you do your search in Spanish? If not you might have more success if you change your operating system language to Spanish, and do your search in Spanish. I find that searches in English for information on a non English speaking country always returns very limited information. There might be another way to force your search engine to look up the Spanish index rather, but I don’t know how else.
March 21, 2018, 12:46 PM · Argentina is probably safer. Buenos Aires is known as the Paris of the West. And home to the classic tango orchestra.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases