COME STUDY WITH ME IN ITALY THIS AUGUST!!!

March 10, 2018, 5:56 PM · Dear students and colleagues,

I have been invited to teach for 10 days at the Festival of the Gulf in San Marco di Castelabatte this coming August 17-26! Students would get daily private lessons with me. All levels are accepted, including beginners. Advanced students may perform and play in chamber music classes. There will also be plenty of time to relax and go on various tours, so this would really be a musical vacation and holiday!

My current students know what to expect from me. But daily lessons - with practicing! - should yield rapid advancement. Also, kindly note that this festival has no connection with the schools that I regularly teach at.

To my colleagues I would ask that you kindly consider sending interested students to study with me at this festival. It would be my privilege to supervise them without demanding any radical changes in their approach.

To my non-violinist colleagues, I just wanted to share some interesting news!

To all, kindly note the following: I will shortly give a link to extensive information about the festival. If you are possibly interested, please let both me and the contact person know - and tell the contact person that you heard about this from me and want to work with me. I have nothing whatsoever to do with the organization of this festival, so please address all such concerns to the contact person. But for any musical or violinistic questions, certainly ask me.

Here is a link to the festival. Within the link you can find the contact person, Kalin Ivanov. He is a fine cellist and a nice friendly gentleman. I look forward to hearing from you! http://bvartistsinternational.com/FestivalOfTheGulf%20-submenu-90.html

Replies (11)

March 10, 2018, 9:08 PM · Wow that really does sound like a wonderful opportunity.
March 11, 2018, 1:13 PM · Thanks!

I neglected to give my contact info:

violinist@rkviolin.com

Home: 732.272.1027
Cell/text: 347.414.4118

March 11, 2018, 8:46 PM · Definitely a rare and wonderful opportunity. Might be worth blogging on your blog.
March 12, 2018, 1:24 AM · That website doesn't explain much about what to expect tegarding music: "Musical instruction takes place daily, and students will decide in consultation with their instructor if they wish to perform a piece during the final concerts which take place during the last few days of the program. In addition to formal instruction there is ample opportunity for informal chamber music."

For example:

* how many hours/minutes of instruction per day?
* What is the minimum level for chamber music?
* How to align between you and my teacher? (Re "supervise them without demanding any radical changes in their approach.")

March 12, 2018, 4:23 AM · As I mentioned in my opening announcement, you are welcome to address specific questions about the program to the festival's contact person, Kalin. He will do his best to clarify things.

That, said, I can answer your first and 3rd questions:
I was told that lessons are supposed to be 45 minutes.

Just one of many facets of my playing and teaching is to bring back the almost lost technique of - OK, everybody in the saloon, get ready to duck under the tables! - playing comfortably and securely without a shoulder rest. BUT - that's an example of a "radical change" that I would NOT insist on during this brief period.

Edited: March 12, 2018, 10:48 AM · "the almost lost technique of - OK, everybody in the saloon, get ready to duck under the tables! - playing comfortably and securely without a shoulder rest."

If a dare be little provocative, just for fun: a more impressive claim would be to teach playing comfortably with a shoulder rest! Mr. Bell plays the violin very well, and Mr. Vengerov has some good days, but I have never seen either look comfortable with a fiddle under their chin :D

It sounds interesting, though apparently there is no airport and the train journey from anywhere else in Europe looks very long: no doubt remoteness is part of the charm. Perhaps your stay in Europe will be longer than just the festival?

Edited: March 12, 2018, 9:55 AM · "If a dare be little provocative, just for fun: a more impressive claim would be to teach playing comfortably with a shoulder rest! Mr. Bell plays the violin very well, and Mr. Vengerov has some good days, but I have never seen either look comfortable with a fiddle under their chin :D"

lol!

"apparently there is no airport and the train journey from anywhere else in Europe looks very long: no doubt remoteness is part of the charm."

I'm told that the Naples airport is the one to go to and a bus from there may be arranged.

March 12, 2018, 3:15 PM · Are there any smaller airports nearby where I could just land my Falcon?
March 12, 2018, 8:16 PM · I wish I had money to go to violin festivals. One day I will.
March 16, 2018, 4:30 AM · I just got this email. Looks like they're offering a steep discount at this time!

GET AWAY!
BVAI logo

Now is the time to plan your summer
at the Festival of the Gulf, Italy!

Application deadline
April 30, 2018

Dear Friends,

Please come and have a great summer music vacation on the Mediterranean Sea! Discount price at ONLY 600 Euros for 10 days (11 nights) for room/board with 3 meals (with 3 courses for lunch/dinner!) for family members! Please note that the application deadline for the wonderful summer music Festival of the Gulf is coming up! The festival will also feature International competitions in which you can win prizes! Read more below.

For more info please contact me at:
bvaintl@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Kalin Ivanov, Concert Cellist/Professor
www.KalinIvanov.com

Festival of the Gulf photo
August 17-26, 2018
Festival of the Gulf and Competition, ITALY

The "Festival of the Gulf" is an International Summer Music Program.The Festival is a ten day program of instruction and performance with faculty from the Milan Conservatory and other international professional artists. It is open to musicians of all ages and all levels of musical accomplishment.

The program takes place at the Fondazione Passarelli located in San Marco di Castellabate (SA), a small fishing town on the Mediterranean about two hours south of Naples, Italy. The Fondazione Pasarelli offers a beautiful setting for the program, with a beautifully tended garden campus complete with swimming pool and tennis courts, and it is only a ten minute walk to the local beaches. There are numerous practice rooms and outdoor areas for play. Entrance to the Fondazione is reserved exclusively to program participants and their families during the Festival. There will be some time for tourism at the participants' discretion and expense. Among the accessible attractions are the Greek ruins of Paestum, the island of Capri, and Mount Vesuvius and the ruins of Pompei, as well as the nearby medieval fortress town of Castellabate and the resort town of Santa Maria de Castellabate.

For more information:
www.FestivaloftheGulf.com

Download application

Stay Connected
Like us on Facebook View our profile on LinkedIn

BV Artists International, Kalin Ivanov, Artistic Director, 367 Bay 8th Street, #1B, Brooklyn, NY 11228
SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ violinist@rkviolin.com
Forward this email | Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by kivanovusa@yahoo.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact
Try it free today

Click here to Reply or Forward
0.82 GB (2%) of 30 GB used
Manage
Program Policies