How does getting a sponsor when you're a classical violinist work?

February 23, 2018, 11:34 AM · How does getting a sponsor when you're a classical violinist work? would my YouTube portfolio/website and the fact that I got into this Competition:https://americanprotege.com/con/ help "Sell" me & my skills?

Replies (3)

February 23, 2018, 3:37 PM · Catherine,

I'm not a professional violinist (or bicyclist for that matter). However, I do know many professionals both musicians and bicyclists. While sports sponsorship is common, I've rarely seen any form of sponsorship in music.

The music sponsorship is usually an instrument company like Yamaha has a cadre of pianists that play their instruments with notes in the program. I once saw a note in a string quartet program that noted that all the players use Eudoxa strings. Since a lot of musicians attend these concerts I guess it must help Eudoxa.

If musical sponsorship is anything like bicycling sponsorship, the musician has to have a following that will probably result in sales of their product to the fans of the artist. That simply means you only have to be an international celebrity and tops on your instrument.

February 23, 2018, 4:12 PM · Moreover, I'm not sure those violinists who have string-company sponsors get a whole lot more beyond free strings.
Edited: February 24, 2018, 9:30 AM · Is this the YouTube that you used for your competition audition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inahlQRn0Ac

Knowing whether that's you and whether you feel this is representative of your playing skill might help us estimate your chances at snagging a top corporate sponsorship.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings