kind of strings for violin

February 9, 2018, 1:30 PM · I am a student in advanced level. What kind of string should I buy?

Replies (6)

February 9, 2018, 1:44 PM · What kind(s) of strings have you used?
Why do you want to change?
What kind of violin do you play?
How advanced a student are you, what music are you playing?
February 9, 2018, 2:10 PM · I sometimes feel like these questions are jokes, or at least bait to get a long-winded thread started that's been hashed and rehashed dozens of times on this forum.
February 9, 2018, 4:03 PM · The old strings are worn out, I play classic violin and I am at the 10th year.
There are many types at the markets and I do not know which are suitable for me. Thank you in advanced.
February 9, 2018, 5:00 PM · For an affordable, good sounding all around string that last well try Tonica by Pirastro
Edited: February 9, 2018, 10:19 PM · it's hard for me to understand how a student at an advanced level would not know anything about strings. In My Humble Opinion...aside from a proper set up (which should be a given for a student at an advanced level) strings would be the single most important factor for sound and how the violin plays.

The OP has stated 'the 10th year' I have to wonder if the strings have been on for 10 years.

February 9, 2018, 11:16 PM · Cheap synthetics, like the above-mentioned Tonicas, are all good choices.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings