Should we have a feedback/critique category

January 15, 2018, 3:02 PM · So we often have threads where people post recordings of themselves playing and ask for feedback. Is it worth having a feedback or critique category for this kind of post to live in? (Some resources on how to give effective feedback could also live there, perhaps :) )

Replies (12)

January 15, 2018, 3:40 PM · I like this idea!
January 15, 2018, 5:12 PM · Great idea! Maybe in a few years I'll be good and brave enough to post one myself....
Edited: January 15, 2018, 5:16 PM · Great idea! Quite feasible. See the thread "Categories" for more ideas.
January 16, 2018, 3:19 AM · Ella - I can't see that thread, can you point me to it? :)
January 16, 2018, 10:31 AM · You can search for it. If not, I can help you find it.
Edited: January 16, 2018, 10:35 AM · We can consider it, but certainly in the meantime it would help to name the thread that way, for example: "Feedback: Looking for comments on my Mozart concerto" etc.
January 16, 2018, 3:30 PM · I've thought the same thing before, but I've also realized that it doesn't really matter what category you choose for your topic. I just use "life in general."
January 18, 2018, 9:07 AM · Lik Erik I don't see the point as categories seem to play little role on the workings of the website, how you view discussion items, etc.
January 18, 2018, 9:38 AM · I agree with Jean. For some reason, categories aren't very effective on some websites, like this one, and very effective on others. I guess each human being categorizes things differently.
Edited: January 18, 2018, 10:16 AM · Laurie your response only underscores the intrinsic redundancy.

Rosin Category Thread: What is the best rosin?
Shoulder Rest Category Thread: Should I use a shoulder rest or not?
Heifetz Bashing Category Thread: Do you think Heifetz was overrated?
Next Piece Category Thread: I just finished Czardas ... what should I play next?

Like some others here I don't pay any attention to the category. For example Heifetz's rosin ... it melts my brain to think about whether that should be in the Heif-Bashing or the Rosin Category.

January 20, 2018, 8:45 AM · I think it would also be of value to have a For Sale area. We all know how difficult it is to sell instruments. Why not have a marketplace? Sellers and buyers can set their own terms. Good place to dump those bitcoins before they lose all value.
January 20, 2018, 10:47 AM · I wonder if we already have that. We might.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Warchal Strings
Warchal Strings