Brahms Contemplation

June 19, 2006 at 11:44 PM · Does anyone know how to get music for Heifitz's arrangememt of Brahms Contemplation? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Replies (11)

June 20, 2006 at 11:36 PM · Years ago Carl Fisher specially printed it up for me. I'm not sure if they are still in business. I'm including it on my upcoming CD.

June 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM · Of course they are still in business. They have a copy service Daniel, find their website and request it. It's best to have a catalog number.

June 21, 2006 at 12:59 PM · Good to know they are still in business - maybe it was my local branch...

What I have is what they called an "archived reprint". On the bottom, the numbers I have are:

CC

28016-4

B 2432

June 21, 2006 at 01:59 PM · Raphael, I would also be curious to hear your playing...do you have any samples online?

June 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM · Thanks. My CD is in "post production" I did the recording last season, but my recording engineer, who generously threw in the editing with the modest recording fee has been editing at her own convenience. It's very frustrating! But we're close to the end, and it may be ready to have some excerpts on my website in a few months. Please visit it every once in a while for updates.

http://rkviolin.com

June 21, 2006 at 11:04 PM · Greetings,

that`s a great site. The essay on how to hold the violin is terrific. Very helpful.

Cheers,

Buri

June 22, 2006 at 02:17 AM · Thanks!

July 2, 2006 at 03:57 PM · Thanks for your responses. I've went on to the Fischer website and I can't find Contemplation. Does anyone know the catalogue number?

October 12, 2006 at 10:45 AM · Daniel,

If you still need Contemplation I happen to

have two copies of it. If you would like to trade something for it you're welcome to it.

Leo

October 12, 2006 at 06:10 PM · Hi,if you still need this music it would be my pleasure to scan

it for

you.

Just send me your address.

Peace

October 12, 2006 at 06:40 PM · The only legal method to obtain the Brahms/Heifetz "Contemplation". Even though the arrangement is POP it is still protected with a 1937 copyright.

From the Carl Fischer Music web site

www.carlfischer.com

"To obtain archival copies of our out of print music please e-mail the Special Collections Librarian at the Sibley Music Library (Eastman School of Music)."

dcoppen@esm.rochester.edu

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe