In your opinion, who is the top violinist (or your favorite), living or dead, in each of the following categories? [One to a category, please]
1. Overall technical excellence
3. Musical interpretation
4. Left hand technique
5. Right hand technique
6. Overall tone
7. Ability to project emotionally (in person)
8. Ability to project emotionally (in recordings)
9. "Specialty" pieces - which one (or ones)
10. Stage presence (if known)
Thanks. I'm pretty busy these days, but I'll try to tabulate the results in a timely manner.
Cordially to all, Sandy Marcus
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.