Peter Mach

March 22, 2006 at 08:30 PM · Some opinion poll: How are your experiences with the luthier and bowmaker Peter Mach in Gatineau, Quebec?

FMF

Replies (6)

March 22, 2006 at 08:30 PM · I have a question, is this the same Mach who came up with the Mach shoulder rests?

March 22, 2006 at 08:31 PM · Peter is also the inventor/maker of the Mach One shoulder rest.

March 22, 2006 at 09:34 PM · Not really the inventor it's just a bit tilted Kun shoulder rest, the shape is exactly the same.

FMF

March 22, 2006 at 09:52 PM · But still different enough to have a seperate patent. And if you try them on your shoulder, they feel completely different. The Mach One's padding and curve feel unique. Most people I know are either Mach One lovers or haters-very few in between.

March 23, 2006 at 03:50 AM · Hi,

Yes, they are different - the Mach and the KUN. Both have patents.

I do know Peter Mach. FMF, perhaps you could Email me if you have questions. Will explain why then.

All my best and Cheers!

March 23, 2006 at 08:56 PM · I bought one shoulder rest directly with him a few years ago.

One day i saw someone talking about this rest here and i clicked the link the person posted. I liked the photo and decided to take a shot. I found his website and sent him an e-mail, waited a couple days and no answer; sent another one and no answer again. In the third try i decided to call him. As the phone cost is wxpensive i just talked the basic stufff and told him i was gonna send another mail. This one he answered and we arrangend the deal to be done by mail. I sent the money to him on an envelope and waited. I have to confess, i was pretty scared to loose this money!!

A week later the money arrived there and he told me he had already sent the shouderrest. One week and nothin, two weeks and nothing. I started to get desperated. Then one day it arrived! Almost three weeks later. I asked for the plastic one but he sent me a mapple one with some flaw i still haven't found. He sent a note telling what it was but i coudn't understand his handwriting.

Anyway, i thanked him by e-mail. Then one day my teacher who lived in France told me he bought one there but forgot the "foots" of it there. I sent another e-mail to Mr. Mach to order some and he never asnwered. My teacher tried too but without

success.

The rest is good but the Kun fits me better i think. Too bad i lended it to a woman that i teached once and i never got it back. Lost my Kun, but still got my fine Mach One.

The end.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe