Peter Ferreira's updated web site

March 16, 2006 at 06:51 AM · Hello,

My web designer is done updating my web site!!

So, once again I am asking my fellow V.com friends to take a look at it and give me your opinion, ideas and so on. One of the new things added to the site is a Guestbook (suggested by the webmaster) where you can leave me a message/comment. I’m not to sure about the Guestbook yet, but I’ll leave it for now to see how it goes.

Take a look: http://www.peterferreira.com

Regards,

PF

Replies (7)

March 16, 2006 at 01:52 PM · Hi Peter,

cool site - nice design...

congrats

kj

March 16, 2006 at 12:50 PM · Took a look at your website. Very well done!

March 16, 2006 at 01:46 PM · Hi,

Peter - your website is great!

Cheers!

March 16, 2006 at 10:26 PM · Dear Peter:

Nice touch and feel to your updated website. Its quite refreshing to see someones sophisticated and erudite approach to designing a site take shape. Gives a definite boost to the meaning of the word, "artistic." A laudatory nod to both you and your webmaster.

Best regards,

--vps--

Skowronski: Classical Recordings

March 16, 2006 at 11:01 PM · nice site

March 16, 2006 at 11:55 PM · Peter it's a nice site, but a few constructive thoughts if I may.

It seems to take a little too long for the home.html page to load. Maybe a few too many large images?

Secondly, the media files wouldn't play for me, not sure why.

Neil

March 17, 2006 at 04:44 AM · A very well put together site. I have a DSL line, so there was no problem in loading site components, but I can see that someone without broadband access might have a slow time of it.

The Flash media player files worked, but so did sound coming from elsewhere on the site, so that I found myself at times listening to the Spring Sonata (beautiful performance BTW) and something else at the same time. Tell your web person to make sure sound is off by default, or turns itself off when a recorded track starts playing.

Lastly, may I suggest you credit your excellent pianist where you click to get to the sound files (since the files apparently don't display such information). I had to rummage through the site to find out elsewhere who she is. She's a fine collaborator and deserves the credit up front, even though it's your site.

All told these are minor glitches in bringing a new site up. It is well designed, and has a handsome appearance.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe