Teacher wanted in coastal France and Italy

February 25, 2006 at 11:44 PM · I am looking for a violin teacher who can bring on my technique while Iam travelling in Europe. At the moment my family and I are in St Tropez in France on our boat "Puffin" we are making our way along the coast to Nice and then Italy. If anyone is available for a few lessons please let me know. If anyone has any suggestions that will help me keep my skills together then post back. Take a look at my website if you are interested in our journey. www.wavydays.co.uk

Replies (4)

February 26, 2006 at 07:21 PM · Hi Patrick

What a great thing to do for two years of your life! I love that area of France, but sadly will not be there to give you lessons.........however if you do sail to Vancouver Canada some day I'd be happy to help. In the meantime, check out www.violinmasterclass.com for some assistance while on the road. This site will also give you great feedback on any questions. Perhaps you could find someone who you could send a video feed of your playing ?

February 26, 2006 at 07:58 PM · Teacher shortage in St. Tropez trumps teacher shortage in Unalaska.

February 27, 2006 at 01:01 AM · Wait a second... You want someone to travel with you on your boat as your teacher?

March 1, 2006 at 05:20 PM · Hello again,

I,m looking for violin lessons in the towns I visit. I have a bike so can travel a little. We couldnt really accommodate someone on the boat to live with us. It has been suggested that maybe conservatory students may be willing to teach, are there any students out there. I,ve only just passed my grade 5. Will work on getting an audio clip together.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe