Chopin: nocturne

January 29, 2006 at 01:41 AM · hi!

i have been searching on internet for some sheet music, but i didn't find it anywhere. does someone have sheet music from F.Chopin: Nocturne for violin and piano, or just know where i can find it?

thanks

Replies (12)

January 29, 2006 at 03:49 AM · These are just a few of the publications:

Chopin Nocturne Op9/2 Vln Pft - Schott - 49020743 - $9.95

Chopin Nocturne Op27/2 Vln Pft - Schott - 49020744 - $13.95

Nocturne, Op. 27, No. 2 - Violin and Piano - Editions Durand - Book - VIOLIN - 50560246 - $6.95

Chopin Nocturne Op32/1 Vln Pft - Schott - 49020745 - $13.95

Chopin Nocturne Op32/2 Vln/pft - Schott - 49020746 - $9.95

February 3, 2006 at 07:03 AM ·

February 6, 2006 at 12:46 AM · "Nocturne in E flat, Op. 55, No. 2 " Heifetz

"vln,pno" originally for piano solo

Publisher: Carl Fischer, LLC B2662

As are many titles from the Carl Fischer catalog this one is also Permanently Out of Print (POP).

February 6, 2006 at 01:48 AM · you mean the Milstein arrangement of the C-sharp minor Nocturne?

February 10, 2006 at 05:04 PM · yes

February 10, 2006 at 05:23 PM · Hi, I recently tried to get this piece but was told that it is out of print indeed. Does anyone have suggestions about how to obtain it?

March 29, 2010 at 08:02 PM ·

Dear All,

Do you know where I can get Chopin's cello sonata in G minor in the transcription for violin? the one at IMSLP is not very good. Does anyone have a copy I could buy off?

Thank you.

Bart

March 30, 2010 at 08:04 AM ·

Hi,

you can buy the Nocturne in Csharp Minor, transcription by Milstein here:

www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/022083/details.html

that's where I bought my copy, it's a little booklet which contains the nocturne in Csharp minor and  2 other transcriptions by Milstein, reasonably cheap to buy too for the 3 pieces of music :) have not found an edition with 'just' the one in Csharp minor.

August 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM ·

I know that this discussion is a little stale, but I have a concern with the Milstein transcription issued by Schirmer, ED 3082.  I think there is a quite serious error in the 33rd measure concerning the 2nd and 3rd to the last notes in the measure.  They are printed as a b on the e string and a high e (octave open e string).  In Midori's recording, she plays the last note of that phrase as a high g# and (I think) the second to the last note of the phrase (not of the measure, but of the phrase) as a d# just below the g#.  Can anyone confirm this error and maybe compare it to the original piano piece?  I am in a location where I can't look this up easily (no sheet music stores for thousands of miles...quite literally).  Maybe someone has played this piece from this edition and has had to correct this measure.  Thanks

August 6, 2010 at 01:53 PM ·

In the Schirmer 48101 it is the same as Milstein plays it: The g# as the flourishes starts at is the note the last ends on, on a half note, then an octave up on a half note tied to the same note for one bar, the up again one octave for two bars. All in all - only g# for 4 bars, just different octaves. There is no fingering printed, but Milstein varied so there would be no use for his fingering anyway. He often changed fingering on the tied note between bars 4-3 from the end.

August 7, 2010 at 04:35 AM ·

Thank you Mattias.  I received an email response from mon ancien violon teacher (he's French-Canadian) who said that Midori added the d# before the final g# in that measure, but that this is not as written.  I will check to see if the the Schirmer 48101 is still available.  Apparently Perlman, in a youtube vid, plays it as written, though I don't know about his fingering as I haven't seen the video.  Thanks again.

August 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM ·

In my very humble opinion, the best arrangment of Chopin's Nocturne, No 20, in C sharp minor, is the arrangment made by Rodinov, as played by Ginette and Jean Neveu... It has been reissued on Dutton ( a 1946 recording) and also on the album "The first recordings of Ginette Neveu and the complete recordings of Josef Hassid". The first version,circa1938, was done when Neveu was a teenager. Both recordings are amazing and truly inspired.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe