Encore School for Strings

December 20, 2004 at 06:16 PM · Does anyone know about ENCORE School's summer program? Do you have any information about that? When is the deadline for applying? Who are the teachers in the summer? I couldn't find the information which I want on their website(www.cim.edu). Please answer me if anyone knows their summer program. Thank you very mush.

Replies (11)

December 20, 2004 at 09:59 PM · http://www.cim.edu/specProgEncore.php

Good program. Lots of practice and performance oppertunities through studio classes and concerts. But... bring your own airco... I can be hot, very hot!

January 8, 2005 at 02:21 AM · It is an excellent program! I have been there for three years. As Carla said, bring your own ac! it gets extremely hot and humid. do you have a particular teacher in mind?

January 11, 2005 at 04:10 AM · Yes, I do. I want to study under Robert Lipsett because I want to study at Colburn School this year, and many people recommend Robert Lipsett to me. Do you have any idea about Colburn School in CA? Thank you.

January 11, 2005 at 01:40 PM · Very competitive, so good luck!

January 12, 2005 at 09:24 AM · Thank you, Henry. If Lipsett can not teach me, who do you think is my other choices? His students? For example: Elizabeth Pitcairn. Can you give me some advice? Thank you.

January 13, 2005 at 02:36 AM · hey Yulu,

I have been to Encore as well. Lipsett's studio is hard to get in since he brings many of his Calburn students there in the summer. In terms of teachers, I would recommend Stephen Rose, he concentrates a lot about musical ideas. I have heard many great things about David Cerone as well! I heard he also concentrates on musical ideas. If you are looking to improve your technique, Danchenko is definitely your first choice, then Linda Cerone is also very good with techniques. Hope this gives you some ideas! goodluck!

January 13, 2005 at 02:44 AM · btw, Hi Henry! How have you been? It's nice to see you on here! haha...

January 13, 2005 at 03:08 AM · Hey Kevin! I didn't recognize your name at first. I'm doing ok-preparing for auditions. you?

January 19, 2005 at 04:54 AM · I'm thinking about going to Encore this summer, and I was wondering what the age range/ average age is of the students who attend. Thanks!

-YR

January 20, 2005 at 03:41 AM · Make sure you arrive on your audition date. Not arriving on the right day kind of screwed up everything for me.

January 22, 2005 at 02:17 PM · Is Lipsett's studio one of the hardest to get in? Because I really want to go to Encore but mainly to have him as my private teacher. Any tips on how to get into his studio?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe