Curtis Faculty

November 21, 2004 at 12:54 AM · Does anyone know if any of the Curtis Faculty teach at Summer schools/festivals that students can attend? Seems like most of the faculty are busy performing artists themselves.

Victor Danchenko

Pamela Frank

Ida Kavafian

Jaime Laredo

Aaron Rosand, Yumi Ninomiya Scott

Joseph Silverstein

Arnold Steinhardt

Replies (12)

November 21, 2004 at 01:25 AM · I have a vague idea that Steinhardt might play and teach at Marlboro. I'm not sure beyond that-- interesting question.

November 21, 2004 at 02:24 AM · I'm pretty sure Dancheckno does Encore in Ohio..

November 21, 2004 at 05:16 AM · Jude I think Steinhardt actually performs and teaches at another festival up in Vermont, I forgot the name.

November 21, 2004 at 05:23 AM · you're probably right. i really don't know.

vermont's quite the place in the summers!

November 21, 2004 at 09:20 PM · Hi,

I know that Victor Danchenko teaches at Encore during the summer and at the Niagara International Music Festival in Canada also.

As for the others, I have no clue. Sorry...

January 8, 2005 at 02:24 AM · Mr. Danchenko also teaches at Keshet Eilon in Israel some years.

January 9, 2005 at 10:23 PM · It occurs to me that Steinhardt definitely teaches at the Steinhardt School, a quartet training program.

January 13, 2005 at 12:17 AM · Joe Silverstein teaches at Sarasota Music Festival in Florida during June.

January 13, 2005 at 02:28 AM · to respond to your answer, Pamela Frank is quite busy every summer. Regarding Summer 2005, she will be teaching at Sarasota, Music at Menlo (David Finckel and Wu Han's summer camp), Ravinia, Tanglewood, Kneisel.

January 15, 2005 at 02:39 AM · Are these teachers all like very very good? I mean, they are at Curtis but you never know.

January 15, 2005 at 08:50 PM · Each teacher mentioned is good but not necessarily good for you. Just because a teacher has a reputation for being a good teacher does not mean that you will work well under them. It's very important to get one or two lessons with a potential teacher before deciding on him or her.

Discover which teacher you get along with best, which teacher you respect the most...and not just on a musical level as I believe it is very important to respect them as a person too. If they don't treat you right, then they don't deserve your respect or your money.

Preston

January 15, 2005 at 10:18 PM · Do any teach in Colorado? (You never hear of any great or famous music summerschools here in Colorado around here...)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe