Tartini Rosin

October 26, 2004 at 05:45 AM · Tartini Rosin

Did you ever try it? Please comment on it.

Regards,

Peter

Replies (12)

October 26, 2004 at 12:16 PM · I recently bought a small thing of the Tartini Solo. Haven't had a huge chance to use it, but so far, I love it!

It brings out the sound on my violin, doesn't seem to make much of a mess and it grips the strings well.

If you want, before buying a large cake of it, check out www.quinnviolins.com and buy the small cake of it for $10.00. It'll last for a long time and isn't that expensive if you decide that you don't like it!

October 26, 2004 at 12:27 PM · That's what I use. Seems good enough. Others report they like it. I sold out, which is unusual for expensive rosin in this area.

October 26, 2004 at 02:16 PM · I have used it for 8 months now and love it. Cannot imagine switching to another brand. Good grip, very very low surface noise on string. No mess unless you over rosin. worked great in cool or warm weather. I am currently using the Tartini solo. I am curious has anyone tried the symphony or Tartini green. Any differences??? Peace Tim

October 26, 2004 at 03:40 PM · Have a cake of the Symphony. Works well, but a bit messy. Possibly because I first tried it on new hair.

October 26, 2004 at 08:44 PM · The Green really is green, looks a little like Jade, sounds much better. Personally, I prefer Pierre Guillaume.

October 27, 2004 at 11:04 PM · Speaking of Rosins, what do you guys think of Gustave Bernardel rosin?

November 2, 2004 at 01:03 AM · Bernardel is wounderful if it is the old one which is in the aluminium can. I have it as present of my violin maker. He also has a Sartory rosin but he doesn't want even to use it. Tartini Solo rosin is just wounderful!

November 2, 2004 at 02:44 AM · I use the Tartini Green and I think it's great. Grips the strings better than any other rosin I tried which for me makes it easier to play light while still getting a sound.

November 2, 2004 at 03:01 PM · I have been using Tartini Solo. It's fantastic!

November 3, 2004 at 10:29 PM · Tartini also tastes the best :D

I personally haven't found much of a difference in rosin types (except the spray rosins which are terrible).

November 4, 2004 at 03:48 PM · I changed my no-name in the plastic box to Pirastro Goldflex. I think I can't notice any big difference in the sound, but the grip is gorgeous - the bow moves on the strings like a silk, and the crossings are much easier. Someone used the term "glides across the strings" - that's what I feel now. Didn't try Tartini, though.

M.

November 4, 2004 at 06:32 PM · Until I tried Tartini, I'd been using Goldflex for several years. I have to agree, it's very good stuff!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe