Strunal or Gliga

September 29, 2004 at 05:44 PM · Hi,

I am trying to decide between a Strunal 240 or 14WA, a Gliga GemsII or a GenialI. I have acess to the Strunal on a local store but the Gligas are only available by internet order. Can you advise on which is the best? I am a beginner and am concerned mainly with ease of playing and the sound.

Thanks.

Miguel

Replies (6)

September 29, 2004 at 06:50 PM · I strongly recommend you check out Snow violins. I've also heard good things about Wyss.

September 30, 2004 at 09:16 AM · I don´t have access to Snow violins at the local shops. Any link on the web where I can see them (preferably in europe)? In which country are they made?

Miguel

September 30, 2004 at 12:06 PM · You can see information about Gliga and strunal at http://www.elidatrading.co.uk

they sell primavera violins and I bought one last year and I can say is very good for the price.

P:D:I´m spanish

September 30, 2004 at 12:31 PM · Here's the link to Snowviolin

http://www.snowviolin.com/

I highly recommend them. I have a friend who owns one of their instruments and it has a beautiful, clear, rich tone to it and they are not extremely expensive.

September 30, 2004 at 02:24 PM · I haven't come across a Gliga but have come across Strunals (don't know which model). I was pleasantly surprised by them...better than I had expected.

September 30, 2004 at 06:06 PM · Dont buy any violin without playing it first, all violins very in terms of sound quality even from the same maker

I would advise try all the violins you can at local dealers and also your teacher may be able to find you a nice violin as well

Remember when you buy new its like buying a new car, the value depriciates the second you take it off the lot.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe