Which Pirastro Rosin?

August 16, 2004 at 05:27 AM · There's like 5 or 6 rosins for the violin. I use Evah Pirazzi Strings, which Pirastro Rosin fits best with those? Can someone tell me which one to use?

Replies (7)

August 16, 2004 at 05:48 AM · I currently use the Piastro Olive strings and I use the Olive - Evah rosin from Piastro with the strings. It works very well.

August 16, 2004 at 11:46 AM · Hi,
Jonathan, Pirastro offers a kind of rosin closely matched to each of their major string types. As has been stated, Evah/Oliv should work well. I use Evah Pirazzi strings, too and use the lighter version of Kaplan rosin.
Bye, Juergen

August 17, 2004 at 03:33 AM · I used to use Oliv strings and I now use Evah Pirazzis, but I didn't like the sound the Pirastro Oliv-Evah rosin gave me. I play solo and chamber music, so I usually look for a softer rosin, and the best one I found was the Kolstein Ultra, soft violin rosin. You should give it a try.

August 17, 2004 at 05:34 AM · just an honest question, does it have to be a Pirastro Rosin?

I've been using Oliv Strings on my violin and I've had great success with Millant-Deroux dark rosin (the one with the red top). I've also played with Evah Pirazzi using the same rosin. I've even used it in high humidity regions with no problems.

currently,i'm testing with those new Vision Titanium strings. Wonderful strings! My MD rosin seems fine on them as well. I did notice that the vision titanium (at least in my experience)seem to require more rosin, even more than my Olivs.. has anyone had the same experience?

August 17, 2004 at 07:49 AM · thanks, you guys rock

August 17, 2004 at 08:00 PM · I also loved the sound of my vision titaniums! But I was disappointed to find that my A string unraveled after only 4 weeks. On the other hand i was at Meadowmount....

August 17, 2004 at 05:42 PM · i've had the vision Ti only a week. usually the olivs last me 2 months before they start going dull on me. i'll have to wait and see how long these Ti's will last.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe