a mini lesson on mozart 5, 3rd movement?

August 12, 2004 at 04:44 AM · hi wonderful people of violinist.com, my teacher has been out of town for about 3 weeks now and let me start working on the mozart 5 3rd movement, right now, ive been working on memorizing notes, getting clarity, attempting to play in tune, and tryin to play it musically, but i was wondering if there are any specifics i should know about in playing that movement? i know its a humongously broad question but are there any excercies i should practice to make it sound better? prettty much, im asking for a small mini-lesson from you people because i wanna be able to play the piece well and impress mmy teacher when he gets back =)))

Replies (6)

August 12, 2004 at 10:41 AM · If you have a webcam, I can give you a mini lesson with msn

I know the piece very well

October 21, 2004 at 11:11 PM · I just finished the mozart 5 (like 2 months ago). it was pretty easy actually, play it really really slowly right now and eventually u'll progress through it (especially the faster parts). Also, play the middle part and cadenzas as if u're practicing the 1st movement's cadenza. It helps alot.

October 22, 2004 at 12:06 AM · it was pretty easy? you must be better than me, i still struggle with that movement. I'm sure buri has enlightening things to say, he is wise in the ways of mozart.

October 22, 2004 at 04:33 AM · Greetings,

owen, one thing I cna tell you for sure. if you come in two months late, in any concerto, the orchestra will have gone home,

Cheers,

Buri

October 23, 2004 at 06:05 AM · ahh, is that a zen statement? i must meditate on it.

October 23, 2004 at 10:52 PM · Greetings,

zen is great but it"s easier to read the date of the original posting;)

Cheers,

Buri

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe