Dylana Jenson's 1972 Recording of Sibelius

July 8, 2004 at 07:05 PM · I cant find this CD to buy on net.I have searched on www.amazon.com, but they dont have it. The U.S. version is out of print I heard.It should be available on hmv.co uk but I cant find it there.It is a recording of Dylana Jenson.

Bye!

Replies (5)

July 8, 2004 at 07:48 PM · I have it. If you want more info email me.

July 8, 2004 at 07:48 PM · I should mention that its one of the best recordings I've heard of Sibelius. She also plays Saint-Saens on the disc as well (I think)

September 28, 2004 at 09:22 PM · I have it, and I love it, but it's in Lp format (haven't yet transferred it to CD, though it's coming).

Yes, the other piece on there is Saint-Saens' intro and Rondo Capricioso.

Eugene Ormandy is the conductor.

I've never seen it in CD form, nor do I believe RCA has ever transferred it. Send me a private e-mail if you're still interested!

September 29, 2004 at 12:46 AM · Greetings,

Jensens Sibelius is actually available on bootleg DVD thoguht the iNternet. I think I saw it the other day by doing a Google for `Yehudi Menuhin` somewhere in all the hits is a small company specilaizing in DVDs and videos which I presume are trasnsfers of vidoes done on the QT. Sorry I can@t be more precise,

Cheers,

Buri

September 30, 2004 at 07:40 PM · I don't have this recording, but I recall borrowing it (on cassette) from my library in the 80's. It was surprisingly good.

Then one time, totally by chance I happened to catch her performance of the last movement on PBS with Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra. She had this habit of twisting her mouth during parts.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe