Wanted: Teacher for 5 yr old in Moscow

June 29, 2004 at 09:38 AM · I was wondering if anyone knew an English-speaking violin teacher in Moscow that they could recommend? My daughter is 5 and has been playing for about 9 months following the Suzuki method. She is keen to continue.

Thanks

Chris Bowers

Moscow

Replies (5)

June 30, 2004 at 05:51 AM · Give me a plane ticket from Perth, Australia to Moscow, Russia and I'll teach em for you ;)

June 30, 2004 at 06:26 AM · Greetings,

an odd thought, but why English Speaking? Young kids pick up language really fast and the rudiments of violin can be taught in any language,

Cheers,

Buri

June 30, 2004 at 08:33 AM · Indeed, and she already speaks another language but we want the transition to be as smooth as possible and violin learning to be separated from any anxieties she might have about picking up Russian.

Any names?

June 30, 2004 at 10:31 AM · There is a wonderfully simpathetic lady who teaches in the middle school of the Moscow Conservatory her name is Alvia Vandysheva but she speaks no English.However if in some way you are able to contact her she might be able to suggest someone.Unfortunately I lost her e.mail adress when my computer crashed.It is unlikely that you will find a Suzuki teacher in Moscow let alone one that speaks English.I would go for the traditional Russian teaching as they do produce excellent results.

Best of luck

June 30, 2004 at 12:19 PM · Another really great teacher in Moscow is Eleonora Polonsky. She was an assistant in Moscow Concervatory, and now is teaching privately. She is very sought after in Moscow right now, but she does not speak English. However, if your child is small, and if you speak a little bit of Russian, this should not be a problem.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe