Joshua Bell's latest album?

May 10, 2004 at 09:52 PM · Hello :) I live in Canada and I can't seem to find Joshua Bell's latest album "Romance of the Violin." I checked A+B Sound, HMV, Best Buy even and a couple others, no such luck. I could just order it online but I was wondering if any music stores here sold his album.

Thank-you!

Replies (9)

May 10, 2004 at 05:49 AM · Did you check the classical department? This album should be very easy to find right now (well, I live in Vancouver, but it should be the same Canada-wide).

May 10, 2004 at 03:32 PM · yah, I did check the classical section, the girl checked her computer, no such luck. The only one I found at A + B Sound was his "west side story" album which appeared to have very few songs and was listed under Bernstein and not bell.

May 12, 2004 at 02:36 AM · Particularly with his touring schedule being as it is right now (I'm seeing him this Saturday as a matter of fact)..there must be a way for you to get a hold of it where you are..if I get word of anything I'll pass it on.

May 12, 2004 at 01:30 PM · I think I found it at Fred Meyer in Bellingham, WA.

May 13, 2004 at 06:31 PM · Jolene!

Check A&B online again. Their search engine is so bad that it won't find a symphony simply because it's abbreviated as 'sym' in the title line of the data record.

When I do a search in the classical search page (http://www.absound.ca/AdvSearch.aspx?ProdType=ClassicalMusic) using only 'Bell' as the performer, there's one with the title ".romance Of The Violin". Unfortunately there's no image or details, but perhaps you could phone them again with this lead.

the CD is also available at Amazon.ca, but I buy from A&B whenever possible (despite the horrendous search engine) because they always have the best price among Canadian places, online & otherwise.

May 14, 2004 at 01:48 PM · Daisy: Wow, you're so lucky! Enjoy the concert, I'm sure it'll be fantastic. I think it'll be a loooon long time before Joshua Bell makes an appearance in my city.

Christina, I'll give A + B a call and check with them again. I didn't think it would be this hard to get ahold of.

Thanks for all your help :D

Oh and I almost forgot, I compiled a Joshua Bell site, it's still a work in progress, I just started. But take a look and tell me what you think. www.geocities.com/thinkpinkart/JoshBell.html

May 14, 2004 at 02:21 PM · Jolene, Canada's Amazon has the Bell CD you are looking for!. It sounds like the girl who told you there is nothing under Bell in the computer is Anti-Bell, she went to his concert probably and he refused to sign her LEG.

May 14, 2004 at 06:44 PM · ahaha, anti-Bell *gasps*! I've been setup :p well if I can't find it at a and b I will definitely check out amazon.ca Thank-you!

May 14, 2004 at 08:54 PM · Your welcome. Hurry now, before Bell's CD goes on back order at Amazon and you'll have to wait along time for them to get more in. I heard this CD is selling like Hot Cakes. Just Kidding with you Jolene!.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe