Maxim Vengerov's 30th birthday contribution

January 13, 2004 at 11:12 AM · Violinist Maxim Vengerov's 30 birthday is coming next august. A couple of his fans including me are partaking in a birthday celebration. First we could like to make a book full of notes from his fans and also make a contribution to UNICEF his charity. If you would like to know more about Maxim Vengerov please go to www.maximvengerov.org. If you would like to contribute to this idea please email me at vivaldi_vengerov@hotmail.com

Please title the email Vengerov's 30th

Thank you

Replies (12)

January 14, 2004 at 03:42 AM · VENGEROV'S TURNING 30!? wow... o_O i didn't know that. have any of you seen the video clips of him playing on his site?

January 14, 2004 at 03:54 AM · yes, he's extremely good. His ysaye is awesome.

January 16, 2004 at 03:30 AM · Yea I saw one or two and I got so hooked that I watched every single video clip on the website. Ok, whatever, I don't have a life LOL but finals are over!

January 16, 2004 at 10:17 PM · Just watched his video. Wow! I wonder if he has a DVD of those!

January 16, 2004 at 09:00 PM · OMG, where can I get that documentary showing Vengerov and Vadim Repin?

January 17, 2004 at 10:12 AM · I'm going to see him live play the 3 Brahms sonatas in Athens. Hehe

January 17, 2004 at 05:10 PM · Lucky You! I should be lucky even if I do get to go a concert because my parents find classical music, orchestras not that entertaining....:( Maybe I'll marry a person who shares the same passion as me and he'll take me to concerts every night! Just let me dream on....

January 17, 2004 at 06:35 PM · One-Sim Lam you don't need your parents to go to a concert.. It will take me about 7 hours to get to Athens and the fact that I'll go alone doesn't change my plans. If you mean you can't afford going to concerts ,that's another issue... Don't be afraid, you'll find that man :))

George

January 19, 2004 at 12:49 AM · William Yap: There is a DVD, which I have so I can confirm it's good, of Vengerov performing the Sibelius Concerto with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, (Barenboim Conducting) and then he gets up and performs the Sarabande from Bach's Second Partita in D minor, and then, (more good stuff) a performance of Ysaye's Sonata No. 3 in D minor. You can tell he's nervous playing by himself on the Bach and Ysaye, as you can see the sweat on the fingerboard of his violin in the close-up shots! It is produced by ArtHaus Musik if you're interested.

January 19, 2004 at 02:38 AM · OMGOSH Vengerov on a DVD playing Sibelius? I want to buyy ittt

January 19, 2004 at 10:32 PM · i dont really like his sibelius

January 20, 2004 at 05:21 AM · his sibelius is too slow and not aggressive enough. There are undeniably some aggressive parts that, surprisingly, Vengerov slows down and softens up. He ususally plays very aggressivly - i dont know what happend. Heifetz...Sibelius...perfect...we know the drill.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe