My teacher goes by the motto "not critisized is praise enough", therefore a "good" is hard earned and rarely bestowed.
Things I do hear often are:
- an affirmative "yes": not bad, but there's still room for improvement
- a dragged "OK" with a certain inflection. Often followed by "Let's go back to the beginning and look at a few things, shall we."
- This inevitably means: "Practise that etude for another week and work on ..."
- "We'll continue with this next week"
- "You *do* hear that this note isn't in tune, don't you?"
So, what are your teachers' favourite sayings?
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.