New Jargar Violin Strings

February 8, 2016 at 05:51 PM · Has anyone had a chance to test out the new Jargar Superior Violin strings ?

Thanks

Gurdip

Replies (26)

February 9, 2016 at 08:05 AM · Yes I have, nice strings. Rich tone and easy response, in my instrument they sounded something between PI and Vision S.Titanium. Worth a try

Cheers

February 9, 2016 at 10:10 AM · Thanks !

I might check them out !

February 9, 2016 at 04:27 PM · Do these strings have a synthetic core or are they all steel?

February 9, 2016 at 04:35 PM · A question I have is whether the E is the same as usual (doubt it, but it's well regarded), and if the synthetics they are using are more similar to nylon than other modern composite cores (whether the core is low or high tension, stiffness, etc.)

Mr.Jetson, I am certain this is their first sythetic set for the violin, though I haven't used them and saw no information online about specific composition (save for the fact they aren't a steel set.)

February 9, 2016 at 05:27 PM · Is it not the case that Jargar is now owned by Thomastik? Perhaps these are simply Thomastik-type strings marketed under a new name and at an extraordinarily high list price.

February 9, 2016 at 08:35 PM · Thank you Adalberto, I have not seen these strings advertised yet and am always willing to give something new a try.

March 10, 2016 at 07:45 AM · Anyone got any more information on these strings? I've requested a set from Jargar and they said they would send one out to me. Would be good to hear different views. For instance, do they sound like any other ones out there ? Or are they something different and unique?

Thanks

Gurdip

March 10, 2016 at 03:47 PM · Well, the trend continues: artificial core, high tension, high price.

$114 CAD before tax.... not really an economy class. I will pass.

March 10, 2016 at 04:06 PM · I always like to try out new products but I will also pass at that price.

June 12, 2016 at 06:49 PM · I agree that are higly priced...But something tell me that I will like them,so I bought online,are coming next week..On youtube the stringsreview told me that they are rather dark,somewhaw like Dominants...and totally synthetics..Did you try them since?

June 13, 2016 at 07:53 AM · Hi - I was very kindly sent a free set from Jargar as requested. However, I have not put them on as I have a 'newish' set of Evah Golds on at the moment. Therefore, I will probably switch over in the next month or so.

I'm also interested in the description that I was given by Jargar that they sound like dominants with the clarity of the Evahs. I'll have to wait and see......

Thanks

Gurdip

June 15, 2016 at 10:48 PM · I haven't tried them, but if you are in the mood to try new strings, I strongly suggest the Dogal Capriccio Soloist violin strings. I just got them and they are just absolutely stellar for my violin! :D So warm, round, and full with the sound!

June 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM · I have them since 9 days now,first impression..they are soft,flexible under the bow and left hand.High tension yes..but for my violin are good..They sound good even in pp...The D is very good,the A is better than other strings I have ever tried...The E is very loud..I dont like.The g is dull but in 39 degrees that I have in my room I wouldnt expect better.I need a soundpost adjustement soon...

They are expensive indeed...I dont know If I will buy again ...

July 15, 2016 at 05:24 PM · Hi everyone

Those of you who have tried the Superior Jargar Set (Laurie, Jose, Adalberto, Popi, and others) would you share your comments about their durability???

Thank you!

Cheers...

July 15, 2016 at 07:21 PM · Here is a recent review of these strings from V.com member Simon Streuff:

https://youtu.be/vHXDGu01MKE

July 16, 2016 at 10:15 PM ·

Hi Gene

Thank you about the hint! Very useful indeed.....although it did not mention any comment on durability of the Jargar Superior Set.

Any experiences about their life-span is going to be most welcome.

Good luck.

Cheers.....

August 31, 2016 at 08:56 PM · Hey, I changed the strings after around 2 months and I couldn't play much in that time due to an health issue, but I can give you a thought about the durability of those strings:

In the time I played them, they served me very well! Because they are quite neutral strings in general, they will last long I think. Usually strings, that have a very distinct sound tend to lose that edge (for example evahs) after 2 months if you play much. Since the concept of the jargars is totally different I think you can leave them pretty long on the violin.

But in the end it also depends on your playing and how you treat them. Thanks Gene for sharing my video!

September 1, 2016 at 01:33 AM · Hi Simon, I have evah pirazzi strings, and I saw that Joshua bell, my favorite violinist, has on jargar superior strings, should I switch to the jargars too? Are the jargar superior better than evah pirazzi in your opinion?

September 1, 2016 at 02:51 AM · I'm bemused, as always, by your Joshua Bell worship.

Strings are very personal to the individual instrument. Bell plays the Huberman Strad, which is an exceptional performer's instrument. What works for him and his violin won't necessarily work well for anyone else.

September 1, 2016 at 05:18 AM · Unfortunately you won't get any of Joshua Bell's skill by using the same strings he uses.

Listen to Lydia, she's been on a roll with the wisdom stuffs around here! :)

But on your question, no, Jargars are not superior to Evahs, or vice-versa. What works for one violin may not work for another (all of mine don't like Dominants, which are supposed to be the base standard of synthetic strings :P ).

September 1, 2016 at 10:14 AM · Maybe not switch just because someone else does it, but if that's enough reason for you to try them go ahead and do it, they are very good strings indeed and you may love them, why not!

September 1, 2016 at 02:46 PM · Just wondering if anyone uses "usual" Jargar violin strings (metallic ones). I know, classical violinists prefer synthetic strings, but rumors are that cellists and violists like metallic Jargar very much. Still not much information about violin Jargar's (except metallic E string, which is pretty popular one)

March 11, 2017 at 04:30 AM · Sorry to resurrect this topic, but has anyone ever seen the tension spec for the regular Jargar e strings? For some reason they list it for every string but the e: http://www.jargar-strings.com/products/violin/

March 11, 2017 at 05:00 PM · Jason, that is a little odd, isn't it? All I can suggest is to look on other string manufacturers' websites for their plain steel Es tension specs. I reckon the answers for heavy-medium-light gauge should indicate the figures you'd expect for the Jargars. My thinking for this is that the diameters of the Jargar Es are in the range 0.27-0.25mm, which is common for most steel Es.

March 11, 2017 at 06:05 PM · So the total force is 23.71kp.

March 13, 2017 at 08:40 AM · Rocky, do you mean that's the force of the set or the e string? I ask because if I converted that force to pounds right I came up with 52 lbs. And it the former, where did you find that info?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe