2014 Capistrano International Chamber Music Festival

March 6, 2014 at 02:56 PM · Dear friends, it's time to plan for summer music again. :)

I am directing the Capistrano International Chamber Music Festival in San Juan Capistrano, California, USA for a second year. Taking place from August 3-9, 2014, the week-long festival features workshops, masterclasses, concerts, instrument exhibits, and other wonderful music activities for K-12 and college students up through age twenty-five of violin, viola, cello, and piano. Our international artist faculty includes William Fitzpatrick and Yoko Matsuda, and the festival has a very reasonable tuition which includes meals and no application fees! Limited need-based financial aid is available for qualified applicants.

Please visit our web site at www.capochambermusic.org for more information.

Replies (7)

March 6, 2014 at 06:48 PM · Hi Gene,

Sounds like a great programme! Wish you the best of luck!

Cheers!

March 6, 2014 at 11:18 PM · It does - except that is for the age limit :-\

March 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM · How much interest do you think their might be for an adult/all-ages chamber music program during that time of year?

March 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM · There are some - Interlochen (northern MI) may be the most famous in NA and its a great program (several regular attendees are on V.com - I've been twice). They have an excellent turnout but I suspect there is room for more, in particular at the other end of the States.

IMO whats really lacking though (and I had a topic on this 2 years ago) is a serious program for 'adult performance'. Virtually every performance-focused summer course in NA is limited to up to college age. The target group is serious adult musicians who want to perfect their skills. These are people with resources who need one-on-one training with top instructors. Chamber music would be an excellent add-on to training and practise.

March 7, 2014 at 10:29 PM · My friends, programs of the type you are looking for already exist, which is why I would not organize one myself this summer. :) I do agree one with a solo component for players at any age wanting to developing their playing would be very welcome. Something for me and my team to consider for the future!

I want to draw attention to the SoCal Chamber Music Workshop which meets at Scripps College in Claremont, California from July 27th through August 2nd. It is an excellent program for players of all ages and ability levels, especially committed, serious, adult musicians looking to develop their skills in chamber music.

Their website is http://www.socalchambermusic.com/. Check it out!

I am not affiliated with the SoCal Chamber Music Workshop in any way, but did attend their program with a string quartet years ago and had a wonderful time. :)

June 26, 2014 at 09:35 PM · Dear friends,

We are at two-thirds capacity for the 2014 Capistrano International Chamber Music Festival, and still have a good amount of scholarship money remaining for violin, viola, and cello students!

We'll be accepting applications through mid-July, and are happy to provide homestays and transportation for students from out of town.

Please check out the festival information above; we have an exceptional faculty teaching with us this summer. :)

July 28, 2014 at 08:45 AM · Dear friends,

We've hit capacity for nearly all instruments except for viola, and have significant scholarship money available for any interested violists!

In particular, we're looking for high school or college age players interested in studying some of the core quartet repertoire of Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven.

Please get in touch if you or one of your students is interested!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Tomplay
Tomplay