what the perfect minute ever of music you heard and it make you feel you are in the paradise?

October 31, 2012 at 08:01 PM · i heard a minute of music i can not forget the feelings which it make me feel it , i thought my self in the paradise , this minute is a section in the swan lake recording by The Philadelphia

Orchestra_Eugene Ormandy in the track of the name 2. Swan Lake, Op. 20 Valse (corps de ballet) between the second 4:05 to the second 4:30 , so what the perfect minute ever of music you heard and it make you feel you are in the paradise?

Replies

October 31, 2012 at 08:40 PM · Bach Chaconne bariolage section at about 4 minutes in -

October 31, 2012 at 08:51 PM · ^^^^^ chaccone! My vote would be the dramatic part of humorsque played by david garret

October 31, 2012 at 09:09 PM · I think Mozart's Violin Concerto #3 in G major. The first minute

and fifteen seconds, played by Szeryng.

November 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM · I think answers to this should come with link to a recording...

November 1, 2012 at 02:26 PM · Scheherazade, the whole Thing. Schumann Violin concerto first Movement, played by Kolja Blacher. Swan lake is amongst it too. The Beginning and second movement of Sibelius concerto. "Erbarme Dich" Arie of Bachs Matth√§us Passion. Funny thing: there is an recording with english text and Menuhin playing the solo. It would be perfect if the words were original but its still magical! Tchaikowsky Nr. 6.

November 1, 2012 at 04:37 PM · http://youtu.be/xwtW8jCkONE

The first ninety seconds of Faure's Chanson d'Eve, first movement, "Paradis." Eve is singing:

"It is the world's first morning.

Like a misty flower exhaled by the night

on the new breath rising from the waters

a blue garden opens out..."

November 1, 2012 at 07:24 PM · Sorry to be more common than you, but Arthur Grumiaux playing Brahms violin concerto, no matter what recording, allways thrills me.

November 1, 2012 at 08:02 PM · I forgot La nuit d'ete sung from janet baker! just amazing! All on youtube!

Or this one: I played it once live with an orchestra, it was athmospheric. What a Piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDeBrnNsXw

November 1, 2012 at 08:38 PM · Many music can do this (such as film music...) but if I talk of pure violin paradise, I would say this is hard to beat...

Oistrakh playing Tchaikovsky with that orchestra and conductor in Berlin (Every minute...not just "a" miniute!) Not only the impeccable technique and clarity (we hear each note) but SUCH beautiful dramatic/lyrical phrases and tone. Haunting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-rP3PMx50

November 1, 2012 at 08:48 PM · the actual heaven of music is that its endless in variety-

November 1, 2012 at 09:10 PM · thank you so much every one i will try to discover the paradise of every one .

November 1, 2012 at 09:42 PM · When I heard Mr Zukerman live playing a piece that I didn't like at all. Yet, he brought tears to my eyes. It's that overwhelming

November 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM · my dear Nicolas Temino you said ( no matter what recording ) i am a painter

and i did not touch a violin ever , what if i tomorrow get violin and i record to you

swan lake , then send the recording to you , do you will feel the paradise from

my recording ? or you will break the recorder after you heard the first minute of my recording ?

November 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM · Christian Ferras: Sibelius Mvt. 2.

Some think he's crying at the end - really heartfelt playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYR9ychIPJc

November 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM · http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd2AYDPC_jY

November 3, 2012 at 01:09 AM · John Cage, 4'33", minute 3.

November 3, 2012 at 01:38 AM · charlie - thank you. got it.

edit: how come I never heard of either the composer or the violinist - embarassed... fabulous. What a loss...

November 3, 2012 at 09:55 AM · This young soloist is profoundly poetic and knows the true meaning of cappricioso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDeqc34osGk

November 3, 2012 at 01:44 PM · Fabulout playing, Theodore - but I can't say it puts me in paradise. But maybe noone could put me there with this piece....

November 3, 2012 at 06:29 PM · SCHUBERT IXth symphony, 2nd movement, Furtw√§ngler and Vienna phil live in Salzburg, at 9'20

Milstein in Beethoven concerto,1st movement (around 12')Pittsburgh SO, Steinberg

MOZART Divertimento for strings trio, Heifetz, Feuermann, Primrose (5th movement)

SCHUBERT Arpeggione sonata with Feuermann-Moore (the whole) and piano trio #2, second movement with Casals, Schneider, Horszowski

BACH toccata from Partita#6 with Murray Perahia

And many more

November 4, 2012 at 08:59 AM · The greatest musical experience of my life was hearing a live performance by Yehudi Menuhin of Bartok. His playing came from beyond this world. It was the first time that I realized that music could communicate spirituality in a direct and overwhelming way. (See Rudolph Otto's "The Idea of the Holy"). Many others have mentioned Menuhin's spiritual qualities. Ivry Gitlis said, "Yehudi was like an angel of Heaven who came down and walked among us. When Einstein, who was a mystic (See"Einstein Lived Here" by Abraham Pais), said that the 12 year old's performance in Berlin of the Bach,Beethoven, and Brahms concerti made him believe there is a god in heaven, he had also heard it. Menuhin's recorded performance of "Ebarme Dich" also has the same spiritual quality, but a live performance is much more vivid and powerful.

November 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM · dear charles johnston the beautiful music which take us to paradise has two conditions :

1 - the first and the most important condition is a magical musical sheet been written by a genius brain .

2- a group of great performer and conductor has a golden ears to record that magical sheet .

i agree with you that Yehudi Menuhin is great but he will not take me to the paradise until he play a magical musical sheet , for example if you listen to Menuhin one violin playing of swan lake and compare it with my standard one which is Philadelphia Orchestra_Eugene Ormandy you will find out that Menuhin played it with too slow tempo and i do not know whos caused this slowing the performer or the conductor or the conductor usually do not signals to the violinist when he play alone .

November 4, 2012 at 01:47 PM · Marin Alsop, LSO, opening of Mahler's 5th Symphony, through good headphones.

November 4, 2012 at 02:53 PM · Handel: Concerto Grosso #2 In B Flat, Op. 3/2, HWV 313 - 2. Largo

Sammartini (G): Concerto Grosso In G Minor, Op 5/6 - Rondo, Allegro Moderato E Grazioso

November 5, 2012 at 01:21 AM · Basically any minute of Michael Rabin's first recording of Paganini's first concerto, first movement. By far the most impressive playing I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvidOho63N8

November 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM · Tchaikovsky violin concerto in D op 35 - Jascha Heifetz

Bruch violin concerto nr. 1 op 26 - Jascha Heifetz

or just everything Heifetz played I feel like I'm in heaven O_o

November 5, 2012 at 05:33 PM · Two Steps From Hell - Forgotten September

I really love this track... I feel relaxed from the very first note, just like the 1st movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata...

November 5, 2012 at 05:46 PM · moonlight no question about it , i so much love it , it is the most music can moving the feelings , but because it make me feel the sadness , so i throw it away from my paradise list

November 5, 2012 at 08:18 PM · Any of these! Various worlds of Bachs Partita no 3

funkyviolins.com

November 6, 2012 at 09:43 AM · I'm still thinking about mine - but I know what my son's was when he was a baby. A 'difficult' child in that he was always alert and hated to sleep. But the one piece of music that put him out was Ravel's Bolero. Worked like a charm and sure was both my absolut favorite, and 'minute of heaven' at the time!

Still think of it very fondly when I hear it. I wonder if he would still fall asleep?

November 8, 2012 at 07:21 PM · Definitely too many to name, with too many moments by too many great violinists. I wouldn't know where to start.

However, what comes to mind first is orchestral - the Nimrod variation of Elgar's Enigma Variations. If that doesn't put you in a heavenly place, nothing will.

November 8, 2012 at 08:12 PM · First moments of Schubert's fifth symphony played by Marlboro Festival Orchestra - Casals conducting.

November 9, 2012 at 02:48 AM · Well, I put my violin one earlier on this thread... but as some others posted here, I would like to share my best "pop" music moment : )

Can seem crazy but I have to listen to this everyday since I discovered it a few weeks ago. I don't get boared! I'm no Transformer person but by searching random piano covers of nice music I learned the existence of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac

And if you like piano covers (which I find so relaxing while doing homework...)

This is the best of Transformer IMHO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAJDeXFDtg

November 12, 2012 at 03:25 AM · Larghetto from W. A.Mozart's Quintet for clarinet and strings in A major, K 581 !!!!!!!

November 12, 2012 at 04:38 AM · This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkd-KU02bTA&&t=2700

Midway through the Adagio of Beethoven 9. Not this recording in particular, though. The "moment" was during a performance. I was counting rests behind the timpani.

November 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM · Over a dozen sublime favorites, but here's one that springs to mind right this instant: St. Saens Violin Concerto no. 3, second movement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cna4c6WuJuQ

November 12, 2012 at 08:53 PM · There are too many such moments for me to remember, but my latest one is the third movement (Adagietto) of Bizet's L'Arlesienne Suite no. 1, as performed by a local orchestra. It's a beautiful string arrangement full of overlapping harmonies, with the violas playing a pivotal role. But I might just be biased: I'm one of the violists.

November 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM · i see many people can not chose one minute because there is many minutes , so i would like to say that i think the music which taking us to paradise must not make you feel the sadness and not make you feel the happiness to a degree you going to dance , it must make you freezen in your place enjoying the magical feeling .

November 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM · I don't have a favorite minute of music but rather works by artists. My favorites right now are Heifetz - Paganini Caprice 24, Bach Partitas (all of them), Bruch violin concerto, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky

Oistrak - Scottish fantasy, Brahms (This is just amazing)

and that's pretty much all.

November 16, 2012 at 05:18 PM · Anthony Tommasini has a discussion similar to this one going on on the New York Times website:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/16/musical-moments-what-moves-us/?hp

November 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM · Death and Transfiguration - the last 5 minutes :) :) I melt every time I hear it :)

November 18, 2012 at 03:13 AM · Remo Giazotto's Adagio in Gm based on a theme by Albinoni. The first time I heard it it gathered me in and hasn't let go yet.

December 13, 2012 at 09:09 PM · Tombeau de couperin by Ravel. It's light, delicate, innocent and a little bit wistful.

December 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM · Ok, Ive thought about this for months now since the thread first started and I have too many I love, there are tons of moments. But there is this one little simple recording. I was actually talking with someone about it this morning. I judged it by the fact that no matter how many times I can be skimming music, I can land on this recording and it will make me freeze and listen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VHRUQO/ref=dm_dp_trk18?ie=UTF8&qid=1355494766&sr=1-17 This particular recording.

Bruch Scottish Fantasy, Op.46 - 3. Andante sostenuto - Salvatore Accardo. This so often is a rushed passage in so many recordings hurried through. Ive heard tons of recordings but this one sticks out to me. Firey and simple, Romantic and clean. Passionate and clear. Expressive but not over the top. Each time I listen I pause and contemplate and appreciate. Its not the apex of music, but one fine example that I enjoy. Cheers.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe