Upcoming live recordings with Julia Fischer on the Internet

May 22, 2012 at 08:48 PM · Feel free to publish or forward this information as you like.

Dvorák Violin concerto, May 30, 2012, details here: http://bit.ly/JOWjGs

Haydn, Mendelssohn, Schubert quartets, June 7, 2012, details here: http://bit.ly/Kjvjy4

Mendelssohn Violin concerto, June 22, 2012, details here: http://bit.ly/MzomLP

Replies (21)

May 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM · And here we have the live recording of Dvorak VC with Julia Fischer (audio, mp3)

FMF

May 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM · nice, thank you!

May 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM · the Dvorak VC is incredible! thanks for links.

June 7, 2012 at 05:18 PM · Now you'll find the Julia Fischer Quartet debut online here.

FMF

June 7, 2012 at 05:52 PM · I am sorry, but the Schubert doesn't sound as good as expected. Intonation is not really good and its not really together. I would leave recording such music to the professional quartets. I think its an art in itself and not easy to master. Technically and in playing together.

June 7, 2012 at 06:33 PM · What live recording of Schubert would you recommend?

FMF

June 7, 2012 at 08:44 PM · Ah ok its live... I was wondering. I don't know. Many great quartets around. I even enjoy locals better. Most amazing Quartett I ever heard was the Tetzlaff Quartett with Alban berg Suite, the Cellist was an temporary help and amazing.

I will not compare here, I just say there are more out of tune notes I had expected. Since its live, it is explainable. But Julia Fisher sets her own standards very high. I am not judging her like everybody... I just say because she is usually better. I liked her Sibelius (also live recording as far as I know) Here a link to it

And with Sibelius I am hard to impress.

June 7, 2012 at 08:55 PM · I thought someone feeling himself capable of judging an audio recording would at least hear if it was live or not. Clearly I was wrong.

FMF

June 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM · I thought it was just bad quality recording due to the player or something. using youtube one gets used to anything... but not necessarily bad intonation. Plus I didn't listen to everything, just parts of first mvt schubert. I am sorry.

June 8, 2012 at 01:49 AM ·

I took my eight year old daughter to a concert with another violinist playing the Sibelius. She said it didn't sound right at all and the girl wasn't as pretty as Julia Fischer. (She also told me JF is Disney Princess pretty.)

Thanks for the heads up on new recordings. Is she ever going to come to the US?

Maybe Simon could give us a specific place where it's out of tune- I missed it. ;)

June 8, 2012 at 02:53 AM · Susannah, here and there you'll find two planned events with Julia Fischer in US.

FMF

June 8, 2012 at 03:09 AM · Thank you so much! Now, do I want to go to New York in January or San Francisco in April...

June 8, 2012 at 03:27 AM · I just watched Julia Fischer last February, it was a great recital. I hope she comes to midwest again. And if she will ever give masterclass here, I will be the first one to sign up :)

June 8, 2012 at 08:29 AM · because you ask for it: Must have been until the end of first mvt. Schubert. Some high notes. If you want specific barlineI have to listen to it again, wich I won't. Nobody has to share my opinion about this recording, but I know what I heard. peace.

June 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM · FMF, thank you very much again. I downloaded both the Dvorák concerto and the quartet performance, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Must be getting deaf ;).

June 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM · And here the live recording produced about three weeks ago, published today:

Julia Fischer performs Mendelssohn's Violin concerto in E minor

Details when clicking on the link above.

FMF

June 28, 2012 at 06:03 PM · I'm waiting for someone else to ask: are you related to the wonderful Julia?!!

June 28, 2012 at 09:05 PM · Yes, she is related to me.

FMF

July 12, 2012 at 07:18 PM · Hi Frank-Michael

Thank you so much for providing the links to wonderful, Julia Fischer/Julia Fischer Quartet performances.

I attended a Royal Festival Hall concert, in April 2008, during which Julia performed Dvorak's Violin Concerto, with the London Phil, conducted by Yakov Kreizberg, and I had hoped, one day, to have a recording of her playing the Dvorak. Thanks to you, I now have access to such a recording!

I, also, loved the Julia Fischer Quartet's recordings - Death and the Maiden is one of my favourite pieces, and I thought that they played it superbly! Perhaps they may go on tour, some time in the future, and grace a UK concert hall with their presence? - Here's hoping!!

Best wishes

John

July 13, 2012 at 05:45 AM · Here is a bit more information on the Julia Fischer quartet:

http://bit.ly/LTHukv (English)

http://bit.ly/NJXV3E (German)

FMF

July 13, 2012 at 09:19 AM · Thanks for the additional info, which is greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe