Hi Folks -- I'm trying to determine the maker/luthier of my violin. Here is what I know:
- Purchased from a shop in Orange County CA in '85 or '86 for ~$4000
- Internal label reads "Antonius Stradiuarius Cremonenfis; Faciebat Anno 1721" (obviously a copy)
- I think I am the first owner
- I seem to recall the shop salesman telling me the violin was made in France
- The label also has a stamp with the initials "T.A.S." (I'm assuming the initials of the luthier) -- See image of the stamp at the following link:
Anyone recognize it? Thanks...
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.