Nurnberger Violin Bow

March 10, 2010 at 01:58 PM ·

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOOD-OLD-VIOLIN-BOW-ALBERT-NURNBERGER-NR_W0QQitemZ230447007326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a7b6465e

I kind of hate ebay for having so many fake items, but for some reason i keep coming back there..

Anyways does anyone think this is real?

Replies (20)

March 10, 2010 at 02:01 PM ·

I think your answer is in the price!

March 10, 2010 at 02:32 PM ·

Anyways, does anyone think this is real?

It's certainly a real violin bow....

March 10, 2010 at 03:08 PM ·

I haven't the foggiest idea, however the seller has a return policy.  So, if you're just dying to know try to win it and have it checked out once you get it.  Just make sure that the 7 day return policy is from when you get the bow and not from when the seller ships it.

March 10, 2010 at 03:42 PM ·

I'm not really going to bid on it. i don't want to risk the chance of it being fake then returning it (paying the return shipping). Actually everything is a risk :P so if he said it was authentic (probably never going to happen) i would bid on it.

March 10, 2010 at 11:07 PM ·

Does that Nurnberger come with cheese?

March 11, 2010 at 12:33 AM ·

read up on the seller's past sales (through feedback)...no it is likely not authentic, but did you really expect millions of viewers not to pounce on it if it were? Maybe a decent bow...$72.00

hand flipping a coin GIF Animation

March 11, 2010 at 02:13 AM ·

If the bow were a real Nurnberger, the seller would go to great lengths to explain how they know it is a real one. Instead, they simply state that it is stamped Nurnberger. I think this is standard practice, I've certainly seen it before. If somebody says the bow is "stamped" with a big name, but they don't talk about provenance at all, it probably means the stamp is not for real. 

March 11, 2010 at 04:35 AM ·

Thanks for your answers,

I've been reading about this seller and those people say its fake so it is most definately fake...

March 12, 2010 at 05:52 AM ·

Definitely fake...this seller even uses stock images.  I'm not sure if the winning bidder should buy a cake or rosin or a bottle of soy sauce for this bow.  J

March 12, 2010 at 03:09 PM ·

Does that Nurnberger come with cheese?

Royce, this Nurnberger comes with a roll and mustard on top...€2.50

March 12, 2010 at 05:20 PM ·

the bow in question sold for $300 plus shipping costs...

I hope the buyer is happy...

I'm sure the seller is

past listing by same seller

Negative feedback rating Not original Nurnberger! FAKE !!!! Very chinese looking! What the @#@#!!!! Aug-02-08 08:54

• Reply by violinkid (Aug-02-08 16:45):
    own opinion. You did not contact me to solve the problem. too bad, blocked!!!!!!

March 12, 2010 at 05:40 PM ·

lol @ cheese

March 12, 2010 at 09:49 PM ·

John- I guess they are referring to the fact that Nurnberger could sound like it's some kind of burger. Hamburger, thickburger, cheeseburger, nurnberger...

March 13, 2010 at 05:13 AM ·

its lucky that i didn't bid on it... Who knows what will happen. The problem with ebay is that people want to get a good deal. The sellers use that tactic and create fake items (supposily being good) to make money. Unfortunely many people fall for it, like i almost did...

March 13, 2010 at 07:08 AM ·

Buyer beware...no free lunch...looks too good to be true...etc.

March 13, 2010 at 08:37 AM ·

The problem with ebay is that people want to get a good deal. 

Ah yes, the Gomez Addams philosophy...buy high sell low

March 13, 2010 at 02:22 PM ·

Weekend vote sugestion! How do you take your Ebay Nurnburger? a) Cheese. b) Prunes.

will cheese now replace the traditional prune on v.com???

March 13, 2010 at 02:37 PM ·

I wouldn't make such a big deal about this bow being a fake. The bow simply is stamped with a name that does not really indicate its origins. Is this the first time that has been done with an instrument or bow? Of course not! Even some very high quality German and French bows bear fake stamps. The seller here, in my opinion, was not trying to misrepresent this bow. He never said "Come take advantage of this SCREAMING DEAL on a REAL Nurnberger!" He only stated that the bow is stamped with that name. Honestly, if somebody pays <100 dollars for a bow and is surprised that it turns out not to be an original, that's their problem, not the seller's. All it takes is a little research and you can get a really good idea of what you're getting. So, again, I see no problem with this ebay seller doing what he's doing.

March 13, 2010 at 04:35 PM ·

I've bought bows and violins from yitamusic. Excellent and at excellent prices - my wooden bow cost me £300 and is one of the best I've used - better than my (genuine) Tubbs. One of the services they offer -

3. Stamp Your Name on the Bow.

We can stamp your name on the bow. 2GBP per Letter. For example: "John Tomas" contains nine letters, so the service fees you should pay is: 18GBP. You will get a stamped bow and the stamp itself. Send us an email to request a revised invoice if you want to have this service.

So somebody could buy what is a good bow and have any name stamped on it. I agree that the seller did not misrepresent the bow - he just said it was stamped Nurnberger,

March 13, 2010 at 08:24 PM ·

If it works... heck I'm game!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe