If you liked the first, maybe you wouldn't like these:
1) This nasty fellow is said to have been a good amateur violinist, but he had little time to play because he was busy making final plans
2) This guy believed that he can play the violin, and once he asked Gregor Piatigorsky how had he played.. Gregor answered "Well, relativelly well".
3) This violinist and composer of short pieces had a difficult sonata dedicated to him. He left few recordings and have been almost forgotten even in his Mediterranean and sunny country
4) This still live female violinist took part in the first famous Wieniawsky contest. She made many great recordings. Those on vinyls are very much wanted and expensive.
5) This Russian great violinist died young and he's almost unknown in the West. He'd a fantastic technique. He share surname with a famous composer..
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.