Free music for violin teachers

October 21, 2008 at 10:43 PM · I would like to offer any teachers free music from my books, Smart Violin Method, Books 1, 2, and 3. I wrote these books because as a violin teacher i have always needed more music to get certain skills across. In the process, i ended up writing three books. I perform with a Celtic Folk Rock band and had a wonderful classical education in Philadelphia, and recorded a couple of CD's with one of my bands. My creativity in writing parts for bands resulted in these three books, which i composed music in all styles for students. If you would like some of the music which spands beginner to intermediate/advanced, i will be happy to send you some. Simply tell me what level student you have and i'll pdf you a copy of parts of the books. I currently sell them on amazon and use them with my students.

thanks

sandy herrault

Replies (23)

October 22, 2008 at 10:21 PM · Well Thank You!

Here is my email:

Jimmy

October 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM · Oh I forgot. my student is level 1.

Jimmy

October 23, 2008 at 02:49 AM · Hey, is it okay if you send it to me, I am a student though and not a teacher but I am still very interested. I am a level two and a level three, thanks.

October 23, 2008 at 01:25 PM ·

Beg-Adv. Int.

:)

October 23, 2008 at 05:51 PM · If you'd like sample music from the Smart Violin Method Books, whether you are a teacher or student, please send me your email address,

October 23, 2008 at 05:56 PM · Kevin,

please send a good email address, as yours comes back undeliverable.

thanks

sandy

October 23, 2008 at 11:49 PM · Sandy,

Thank you for your offer of your Smart Violin Method music. After 2 years, my student is not beginner but we have yet to get to the positions.

Margaret Chen

October 24, 2008 at 01:46 AM · Sandy, thanks for your music samples. I have one student who I taught earlier today. He needed more practice on note reading and your samples from the first book were a perfect supplement to our usual routine. He liked the pieces; I did too.

I'll look at the more advanced stuff when I get back into town on Monday.

Thanks again:)

Dottie

October 24, 2008 at 04:03 AM · Thank you very much for your generous offer.

October 24, 2008 at 06:10 AM · Hi everyone,

If you want Sandy to have your e-mail address, simply click on her name and e-mail her through the site; she will receive it. But my advice is not to leave your e-mail address out in the open on a web page, ever, because that is how the robots pick them up and put you on the "send copious SPAM" lists.

Just lookin' out for y'all!

Sandy, I'd be interested, too, beg-int-adv like Dottie. Will e-mail you. :)

October 27, 2008 at 03:43 AM · Sandy, thank for the tunes. They are very singable and I am particularly interested in the passages that focus on basic technical elements such as: the arpeggio beginning the tunes and partial scale in thirds; the string crossing; alternating fingers with the open string. I think these are very good melodious studies which will be fun to play and teach. Looking forward to acquiring the complete books/set.

October 28, 2008 at 02:25 AM · Hi

Can you send me a level 1,2, and 3 sample?

Thank you,

Jazzy

October 28, 2008 at 01:01 PM · Jasmine,please send me your email address and i'll send them to you.

thanks, sandy

December 17, 2008 at 08:01 PM · I'd be interested in getting the three levels, beg, int. adv. also. Thanks Catherine mail@heartconsortmusic.com

December 18, 2008 at 08:13 AM ·

I'd love to take a look at your work.  I have a hard time getting books through immigration if I snail any. 

January 4, 2009 at 02:01 PM ·

Hello Sandy,

I wish you a happy and full with success 2009.Than you for your offer.

I would be interesed to see all the 3 levels,if it is not a problem.Not,to easy to find nice tunes for kids.

thank you again

luminita

January 4, 2009 at 04:18 PM ·

Thanks to everyone for your interest.  You can reach me by  clicking on my name (highlighted) and send me your email address.  I'll send you music from each book.  Thanks, Sandy

January 6, 2009 at 03:50 AM ·

Ok.. thank you!

January 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM ·

Hello,

This is very kind of you!  I teach beginners, mostly adults, and now one 8yo kid.  I would love it if you'd send me some music.  Thanks very much!  gwaelaurien at hot mail.

February 2, 2009 at 05:55 PM ·

Thanks everyone for the interest in the books.  If you click on my name you can send me a personalized email so i can respond with the attachments.  I am working on a website and eventually youtube videos for the books and appreciate any comments you might have. Peace.

February 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM ·

Hi

Can you send me a level 1,2, and 3 sample?

Thank you very much foryour generous offer.       Stefan  (stetamas@comcast.net)

February 4, 2009 at 08:24 AM ·

February 23, 2009 at 09:48 AM ·

Hi

thanks very much

can you send me the level 3 ?

(my email : sinetar@netvision.net.il)

thanks

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

ArmSymphony AI Violin Competition
ArmSymphony AI Violin Competition

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

AVIVA Young Artist Program

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe