Sometimes I´m wondering about violinists from the past who never performed or recorded famous compositions, so I´m trying to imagine how could it have sounded.
In my desires, I would like to have known this performances:
- Bartok Concerto No.2 by Ferras. Too by Heifetz and Szigeti.
- Sibelius Concerto by Milstein. Too by Grumiaux.
- Glazunov Concerto by Francescatti.
- Goldmark Concerto by Heifetz (he recorded only 2nd movement).
- Brahms Concerto by Hassid (He performed it in London before his illness. Possibly BBC Radio Archives contain it, but, if it´s true, it´s not issued).
- Elgar Concerto by Kreisler (he never recorded it).
- Wieniawski Concerto No.2 by Szymon Goldberg.
- Walton Concerto by Isaac Stern.
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy by Szeryng.
And so on...
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...