Sometimes I´m wondering about violinists from the past who never performed or recorded famous compositions, so I´m trying to imagine how could it have sounded.
In my desires, I would like to have known this performances:
- Bartok Concerto No.2 by Ferras. Too by Heifetz and Szigeti.
- Sibelius Concerto by Milstein. Too by Grumiaux.
- Glazunov Concerto by Francescatti.
- Goldmark Concerto by Heifetz (he recorded only 2nd movement).
- Brahms Concerto by Hassid (He performed it in London before his illness. Possibly BBC Radio Archives contain it, but, if it´s true, it´s not issued).
- Elgar Concerto by Kreisler (he never recorded it).
- Wieniawski Concerto No.2 by Szymon Goldberg.
- Walton Concerto by Isaac Stern.
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy by Szeryng.
And so on...
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.